2011 Applications

NadaJ

I agree...it's nice to read about other acceptances, but things are slowing down on here. The board was keeping me preoccupied at one point. I'm expecting to hear back from one or two other schools this month. One school said they mailed me "something" over a week ago, but I'm having my mail forwarded now, so the P.O. is taking forever to have it forwarded...this really sucks.

Has anyone gotten a response from UChicago SSA. I applied to the MSW/PhD program. Does anyone know if they will call you by phone?

It looks like there is one person with an acceptance that has posted on the results board, they were notified by phone call. So far we haven't heard from anyone else on this board who's heard, either way. I also applied to the MSW/PhD program, btw.

It looks like there is one person with an acceptance that has posted on the results board, they were notified by phone call. So far we haven't heard from anyone else on this board who's heard, either way. I also applied to the MSW/PhD program, btw.

I did..I too applied to Cal...still waiting to hear back...

That's great!! I called Cal on Feb. 1 and I was told 40+ applied and 6-7 will be accepted (gerontology). If this info is accurate, chance of acceptance are ok. I was hoping to hear from the others, good luck

I went to an info session over a year ago for Fall 2010, and they were previously accepting about 10 out of the 40 applicants that applied. 6-7 - that's much less than I thought. This is exactly why I applied out of state. SFSU is only accepting a handful of people too...budget cuts...such a shame...

Good luck to you too!

That's great!! I called Cal on Feb. 1 and I was told 40+ applied and 6-7 will be accepted (gerontology). If this info is accurate, chance of acceptance are ok. I was hoping to hear from the others, good luck

hi all, i applied to ucla last fall and is it me or are they HORRIBLE bout getting back to you? the admissions guy said that they would send an email confirmation to let you know that your application is completed, but i still haven't gotten that email! so strange.

berkeley, on the other hand, has been super good about getting back to me and their turn around is amazing. According to them, we should start hearing from them throughout this month! so nervous!

hi all, i applied to ucla last fall and is it me or are they HORRIBLE bout getting back to you? the admissions guy said that they would send an email confirmation to let you know that your application is completed, but i still haven't gotten that email! so strange.

berkeley, on the other hand, has been super good about getting back to me and their turn around is amazing. According to them, we should start hearing from them throughout this month! so nervous!

throughout this month, you mean february??? EEE!!! I applied to Cal community mental health concentration...

throughout this month, you mean february??? EEE!!! I applied to Cal community mental health concentration...

I applied to the MSW program at Cal and I just got off the phone with the admissions people. I provided my last name and concentration and she said that they will send out decisions via email on March 4th. The website says that everyone who is awarded a fellowship should hear by March 1st, so I don't know whether that means I'm not getting one or they're just delayed a few days. We will see....

I just posted my rejection to the MA/PhD at SSA on the results page. I will receive a letter in the mail soon. I am just glad the wait is over. They have known since Feb. 4th, so I don't understand why they want to wait so long. Good luck to everyone still in. I will go ahead and apply for the MSW here and will apply for a PhD to several schools in two years. I may be out now, but I'm not done.

I just posted my rejection to the MA/PhD at SSA on the results page. I will receive a letter in the mail soon. I am just glad the wait is over. They have known since Feb. 4th, so I don't understand why they want to wait so long. Good luck to everyone still in. I will go ahead and apply for the MSW here and will apply for a PhD to several schools in two years. I may be out now, but I'm not done.

Hi NadaJ,

I'm sorry to hear about SSA! Did you get an email, or did you call? I'm not sure what to think about my status, I haven't heard a word...

Ugh, NadaJ, I am so sorry to hear that :( I still haven't heard, but I've already started researching other options and potential programs for next year in hopes of mitigating my disappointment when my rejection does roll in, as I am sure it will. Good luck to you in the future, we'll get our SW PhDs somehow!

Just notified by Cal - waitlisted. Applied for the gerontology concentration. This does not surprise me, as it sounds like the acceptance rate was 80-85% for this particular concentration. I'm kind of OK with this. I had a feeling this would happen in-state, so it will only give me that push I need to HAVE to go out of state...

Hello everyone, I am new as well. I am applying to a couple of Cal States but am anxiously waiting for my first top choices; UCLA & USC. I have read over a bit on UCLA notifying individuals. I was wondering if anyone else was applying to USC and had any new updates on their process. The best of luck to everyone.