2011 Applications

NadaJ

Cong!

I am back from the dead!!! Kinda...I received an email from SSA today that I am on the wait list for the MA/PhD and I was admitted to the MA with full funding and an RAship. I nearly fainted when I received the news. I know the PhD is a long shot, but WOW...I am walking on sunshine in my limbo status!

Hey!

Wow, not much action around here, we all must be holding our breaths waiting for letters to arrive! I am sooo nervous. I just put in my application, WAY late. I turned it in the DAY before the deadline. I'm beyond nervous, I called and asked when we should be finding out APRIL OR MAY!!!! O.M.G I think I might have a heart attack before then.... I applied to Southern California schools- University of Southern California and Cal State Fullerton. I was wondering, does anyone know if we got our apps in earlier if we hear back earlier? I hope so! my USC has been in for almost two months! Nervous!

Anyone else apply to USC or CSUF?

Hey! I'm also a bit anxious about USC and other Cal States I applied to...especially USC...their online log in doesn't seem to work since it has some type of error. As for the Cal States, I applied last night to CSU Fullerton and got a call to schedule an interview this morning. I hope all is well. x

Edited by happyroman

Hello. I'm a long time reader who finally decided to join. I've applied to 4 schools for MSW Fall '11:

NYU, Boston U, University of Maryland, and SFSU. I haven't heard back from any of them but I"m not surprised as I applied shortly before the deadline for each of them. I have seen people mention NYU, SFSU, and Boston U but has anyone applied to Maryland? Or know of someone who has?

Hey! I'm also a bit anxious about USC and other Cal States I applied to...especially USC...their online log in doesn't seem to work since it has some type of error. As for the Cal States, I applied last night to CSU Fullerton and got a call to schedule an interview this morning. I hope all is well. x

CONGRATS ON THE CALL!!!! That was SOOO quick! An interview is good news! I only applied to USC and CSUF, I hope to get into CSUF since it is soo much cheaper! However, I love USC concentrations and program better! I finished my application Monday... I am soo jealous you heard something! lol It is going to be a long hall till April/May... Keep me updated! AND GOOD LUCK, MAMA!

spoke to Lance from UCLA and he said decisions are being made throughout March...then he added that the latest would be early April to know about admissions decision...I hope I'll hear by March so I can decide what to do come Fall...

It is so long a March, hope we can get responses soon

I was so discouraged yesterday after getting a letter from Temple saying that I didn't meet their Graduate School's admissions standards (perplexingly, since I was definitely above their 3.0 undergrad GPA minimum), but today I received acceptances from UPenn (interviewed 2/21) and Boston University. I'm nervous about the financial end of things, but SO psyched to have gotten into two great programs. :)

Edited by 2011 MSW Hopeful

Congratulations! I know the feeling. I got waitlisted at Cal, but got into my other top choices. I just declined at offer, and am narrowing it down to Boston University. Will be visiting the school soon. When did you submit your application for BU?

Congratulations! I know the feeling. I got waitlisted at Cal, but got into my other top choices. I just declined at offer, and am narrowing it down to Boston University. Will be visiting the school soon. When did you submit your application for BU?

Thank you, you too! I got the email that my application was complete January 27th, though I had submitted my materials a couple of weeks before that.

FYI for the Berkeley applicants:

Just got a call from the Title IV-E project coordinator (although I didn't apply to the program) asking if I was interested in interviewing for a stipend. She also confirmed that I was accepted to the Children & Families concentration.... decision time!

Some of you C&F people might be getting calls before Friday. Good luck to all!

Congrats to everyone on your acceptances!!!

So far I've heard back from 2 of the 4 schools I've applied to for my MSW and got admitted to both U Hawaii at Manoa and UNC Charlotte. Still waiting on UNC Chapel Hill and VCU (VCU is my top choice and I'm right at the edge of panicking as I wait to hear back from them).

I do have a question - there has been a lot of talk about people receiving scholarships along with their acceptances. Neither one of the schools I've gotten accepted to mentioned anything about scholarships in the acceptance letters. I know when I was at an info session for UNC Chapel Hill back in August they said that they wouldn't be notifying MSW students about any scholarships/other financial aid until June, so we'd have to make a decision before knowing whether we'd be getting any assistance. Just curious to know whether most schools wait until after students have decided to attend/decline before sending out financial aid info, or if the fact that there was no mention of financial aid in my letters is an indication that I won't be getting any.

First time poster - I'm kind of worried about something. I turned in my Columbia MSW app the day before it was due, but had everything in - transcripts, essay, application fee, and 2 of my recommendations. My third recommender decided to screw me over and not send his in until the 19th of Jan, 4 days after the deadline. I sent an email to admissions about this but received a generic response back. I assumed it would be okay since literally everything else was in on time. Then today, after reading this thread, I checked online and it said my application was submitted on 1/14 but was not complete until 1/26. Does this mean I officially missed the deadline and will risk not getting in? I don't know what would have delayed the completion of my application to that date. I also assume I shouldn't hear back from them until much later? This really sucks if I somehow messed up my chances. I've also applied to UChicago, BU, BC, and NYU but haven't heard back. Any help on this would be appreciated!

First time poster - I'm kind of worried about something. I turned in my Columbia MSW app the day before it was due, but had everything in - transcripts, essay, application fee, and 2 of my recommendations. My third recommender decided to screw me over and not send his in until the 19th of Jan, 4 days after the deadline. I sent an email to admissions about this but received a generic response back. I assumed it would be okay since literally everything else was in on time. Then today, after reading this thread, I checked online and it said my application was submitted on 1/14 but was not complete until 1/26. Does this mean I officially missed the deadline and will risk not getting in? I don't know what would have delayed the completion of my application to that date. I also assume I shouldn't hear back from them until much later? This really sucks if I somehow messed up my chances. I've also applied to UChicago, BU, BC, and NYU but haven't heard back. Any help on this would be appreciated!

Has anyone called Columbia regarding the delayed notification?

One school offered me a generous scholarship in my acceptance letter, while another school said I might be considered if the students they did offer money to would decline their admission offer (on the phone). Who knows how each school determines who to give money to. I think how they distribute scholarship varies among schools.

Congrats to everyone on your acceptances!!!

So far I've heard back from 2 of the 4 schools I've applied to for my MSW and got admitted to both U Hawaii at Manoa and UNC Charlotte. Still waiting on UNC Chapel Hill and VCU (VCU is my top choice and I'm right at the edge of panicking as I wait to hear back from them).

I do have a question - there has been a lot of talk about people receiving scholarships along with their acceptances. Neither one of the schools I've gotten accepted to mentioned anything about scholarships in the acceptance letters. I know when I was at an info session for UNC Chapel Hill back in August they said that they wouldn't be notifying MSW students about any scholarships/other financial aid until June, so we'd have to make a decision before knowing whether we'd be getting any assistance. Just curious to know whether most schools wait until after students have decided to attend/decline before sending out financial aid info, or if the fact that there was no mention of financial aid in my letters is an indication that I won't be getting any.