2011 Applications

NadaJ

Hi, everyone. I will have an interview of Case Western Reserve University at Friday. But I hear a lot of negative opinions about the school's administration system, the road, the food, the conservative and antiforeign people . And more incredibly, someone even deems Cleveland as a dead zombie city, because lots of people are moving out. Is there anyone who knows CWRU and Cleveland?

Hi everyone,

Has anyone heard back from BU, BC, and NYU? I haven't... should I be worried?

I heard back from BC the second week of February. My application was complete in the beginning of January. When was your application complete?

My application was complete March 1 , 2011... so I guess it is my fault, since I sent in my application so late.

I heard back from BC the second week of February. My application was complete in the beginning of January. When was your application complete?

Just heard yesterday that I got into University of Washington at Seattle! But not the day program...extended evening program..and they want a commitment by April 8th! Agh! And I've only heard from them and Berkeley so far...out of the SEVEN schools I applied for!

Has anyone heard from SFSU or U of Chicago? Or, for those who got into Berkeley, did you get any financial aid information yet?

Just heard yesterday that I got into University of Washington at Seattle! But not the day program...extended evening program..and they want a commitment by April 8th! Agh! And I've only heard from them and Berkeley so far...out of the SEVEN schools I applied for!

Has anyone heard from SFSU or U of Chicago? Or, for those who got into Berkeley, did you get any financial aid information yet?

I also got into Berkeley and UW. The Office of Admissions at Berkeley said that people who were awarded fellowships would hear by the end of this week... I've heard nothing yet.

I got into the day program at UW and I have the same deadline for giving them a decision (April 8th). It's unfortunate that the scholarship/fellowship deadlines are April 1st because we evidently won't hear back about those until May. I'm going to call the Social Work department and Financial Aid office today so see if they can help me come up with some money now so that I don't have to confirm my acceptance blindly with no word about aid.... I'd REALLY rather not do that. If anyone has any ideas or hears anything about financial aid for UW, can they post it here?

I got into the day program at UW and I have the same deadline for giving them a decision (April 8th). It's unfortunate that the scholarship/fellowship deadlines are April 1st because we evidently won't hear back about those until May. I'm going to call the Social Work department and Financial Aid office today so see if they can help me come up with some money now so that I don't have to confirm my acceptance blindly with no word about aid.... I'd REALLY rather not do that. If anyone has any ideas or hears anything about financial aid for UW, can they post it here?

I just had that exact conversation with the UW people, I asked "So, we're expected to commit without any idea regarding the financial possibilities?"...and they said yes...I came out of the phone call with a really bad feeling about it. I work for a non profit now, my partner is a teacher, and I am going to a social work program. Avoiding massive debt is a reality in my life, as I'm sure never going to be raking the cash in! Let me know what kind of results you get from your conversation, because I'm tempted to write them off at this point.

I just had that exact conversation with the UW people, I asked "So, we're expected to commit without any idea regarding the financial possibilities?"...and they said yes...I came out of the phone call with a really bad feeling about it. I work for a non profit now, my partner is a teacher, and I am going to a social work program. Avoiding massive debt is a reality in my life, as I'm sure never going to be raking the cash in! Let me know what kind of results you get from your conversation, because I'm tempted to write them off at this point.

Pretty much the exact same scenario for me. I took them off my list shortly after the conversation. I would have loved to move to Seattle!

The Office of Financial Aid said that graduate students should get a financial aid package sometime in early April. There's no guarantee that it will be by April 8th, but it's something. Financial Aid only administers loans and a few grants, though. Fellowships and scholarships are through the SSW and we won't hear about those until May. I guess that's all we're going to get....

I got an email today directing me to website to find out that I was accepted at UCLA!! Pretty exciting, I'm now between USC or UCLA???

I had the same decision to make and went with UCLA. I was not very happy with USC's process. UCLA sent me financial aid info a couple days after accepting me but for USC you have to officially accept and send in a $200 deposit before they tell you how much aid you get in May...

I had the same decision to make and went with UCLA. I was not very happy with USC's process. UCLA sent me financial aid info a couple days after accepting me but for USC you have to officially accept and send in a $200 deposit before they tell you how much aid you get in May...

when did u apply to USC?

Erin: USC requires a response by the 29th? Does this mean if we have not heard from them yet we are rejected...? Still waiting on USC, CSUN, SF State...

I talked to USC admissions this week, they said the next two weeks we should know...its killin me. :unsure:

Erin: USC requires a response by the 29th? Does this mean if we have not heard from them yet we are rejected...? Still waiting on USC, CSUN, SF State...

I don't think that necessarily means you are rejected. They make admission decisions through March to June depending on several decison rounds. I was told my application is awaiting review and I should receive a decision on later than the end of April. So it may be the same case to you. Call them and aks which stage your application are at.

I would definitely not worry. Others are right; decisions are sent out in rounds based on when you applied, and everyone will have different decision response deadlines. You will hear soon enough!