2011 Theology Application Results!!!

new mexico

I was also just accepted for an MDiv at Candler School of Theology (Emory). Evidently they posted over the weekend, but I find it odd that their deadline of Feb. 1st hasn't even passed and they're admitting me. Hopefully this means they'll fund me well.

Edited by Lib(eration) Theologian

I was also just accepted for an MDiv at Candler School of Theology (Emory). Evidently they posted over the weekend, but I find it odd that their deadline of Feb. 1st hasn't even passed and their admitting me. Hopefully this means they'll fund me well.

Congratulations! That is curiously early, but hopefully you are right in that it should bode well for funding. I'm just hoping they are as fast with the MTS apps!

Congrats new mexico!

thanks!

That's great! Nice to get accepted to one right away! Now some of the pressure is off.

thanks!! the pressure is off!!!

Congrats!! How long ago did you submit your application?

My application was complete last thursday .... lol

Congrats!

I was also just accepted for an MDiv at Candler School of Theology (Emory). Evidently they posted over the weekend, but I find it odd that their deadline of Feb. 1st hasn't even passed and their admitting me. Hopefully this means they'll fund me well.

i'm thinking the same thing. i'm hoping we're both invited for Leadership Candler and get to meet! Congrats, LIb(eration) Theologian!!! Very exciting.

I was also just accepted for the M.Phil in Social Anthropology at Oxford a few minutes ago :)

I was also just accepted for the M.Phil in Social Anthropology at Oxford a few minutes ago :)

Oooo, Oxford. Congrats.

For me, it's just nice to get rid of the nightmares about not getting accepted anywhere.

I should also mention that one of my colleagues here at the University of Tennessee was also accepted to Candler.

Good luck, everyone.

This is round two for me, and this time I decided to only put out a minimal number of applications. I was accepted into one of the programs to which I applied last year, but decided that it wasn't the best fit about a week after getting the acceptance (wrong chronological order, I know ;)).

Hopefully we will all be sitting comfortably in our departments with brilliant advisors and generous stipends this time next year.

Good luck, everyone.

This is round two for me, and this time I decided to only put out a minimal number of applications. I was accepted into one of the programs to which I applied last year, but decided that it wasn't the best fit about a week after getting the acceptance (wrong chronological order, I know ;)).

Hopefully we will all be sitting comfortably in our departments with brilliant advisors and generous stipends this time next year.

Was accepted into an M.Div program at Candler the 26th of January, thought I made mention of it in an earlier post, but apparently it was in a dream (currently working on thesis... late nights early mornings = one tired seminarian). Hopefully I will hear from the Leadership Candler event people soon - as it appears all of my financial aid stuff has been processed, minus a tax return (still in progress). I take that as a good sign, but let's hope I don't need to borrow anything this time. I'd love to have waved tuition - seeing as how as a pastor or teacher I'll be broke as a joke! (Lest I reach Brueggemann status =] !

Praying to the Coca-Cola Baals that I don't have to pay in for this one!

And oh, still waiting on the paper acceptance letter. It said they were sending it at the end of the week over a week ago =[ I check my mailbox thoroughly!

=]

Edited by Dillskyplayer

Was accepted into an M.Div program at Candler the 26th of January, thought I made mention of it in an earlier post, but apparently it was in a dream (currently working on thesis... late nights early mornings = one tired seminarian). Hopefully I will hear from the Leadership Candler event people soon - as it appears all of my financial aid stuff has been processed, minus a tax return (still in progress). I take that as a good sign, but let's hope I don't need to borrow anything this time. I'd love to have waved tuition - seeing as how as a pastor or teacher I'll be broke as a joke! (Lest I reach Brueggemann status =] !

Praying to the Coca-Cola Baals that I don't have to pay in for this one!

And oh, still waiting on the paper acceptance letter. It said they were sending it at the end of the week over a week ago =[ I check my mailbox thoroughly!

=]

Is Candler your first choice?

Is Candler your first choice?

Out of the three M.div applications I sent, yes: Candler, YDS, and HDS.

With Emory I can work in person with tons of Hebrew Bible people that I already work with =] at the Candler School of Theology and the GDR at Emory! Would be a blessing to get funding to do so.

For me, I pray for funding because I already have an MA and MTH -- and cannot really afford to go deeper down the rabbit hole of debt. =[ Any of the three programs would be an excellent fit, however.

any idea as to when and how we'll hear about Leadership Candler? It may be in our acceptance packages. Has anyone received an acceptance package? Hopefully it's in the mail box Saturday :D I'm very excited about Cander. I'm also anxiously waiting to hear back from BU...three more weeks (or something like that).

any idea as to when and how we'll hear about Leadership Candler? It may be in our acceptance packages. Has anyone received an acceptance package? Hopefully it's in the mail box Saturday :D I'm very excited about Cander. I'm also anxiously waiting to hear back from BU...three more weeks (or something like that).

The website says nominees will be contacted Feb 10th (or possibly earlier).

Good luck with Candler Leadership, everyone. I hope that you hear good news soon.

Has anyone heard if this is the weekend for Notre Dame to contact its doctoral applicants concerning interviews in late Feb? I'm trying to figure out if I should be watching my phone, or just the Super Bowl ;)

Good luck with Candler Leadership, everyone. I hope that you hear good news soon.

Has anyone heard if this is the weekend for Notre Dame to contact its doctoral applicants concerning interviews in late Feb? I'm trying to figure out if I should be watching my phone, or just the Super Bowl ;)

I know of a few folks in applying to PhD programs in HB and NT who were invited to interview at Notre Dame during the last weekend of February. They were called yesterday (Feb. 4). Hope this helps!

A friend at BC got invited last week for an interview.

Anyone hear from Vanderbilt Divinity? It seems like they sent out some MDiv notifications in early February, but most of them came in early March. Anyone know the details?

A friend of mine, who established a strong relationship with the administration and faculty at VDS during [their] application process, received a phone call on Friday (2/4/11) from someone in the department that letters were in the mail, but that [they] were eager to let [them] know asap because of their strong relationship. This person received a top scholarship for their program (MTS... full-tuition), so I am not sure if this group of letters includes the entire group or just those receiving the nice packages. Wish I could say more, but that's all I have to contribute. Good luck, especially with the anxiety! And if you're interested in VDS, message me if you have any questions.

Anyone hearing from Andover Newton yet? This is my first round of grad school applications (hoooopefully my last), so I'm new to this (and new here!). I've scoured my confirmation emails, and ANTS said they would notify within "three to four weeks" after the application had been confirmed. I'm guessing they essentially have rolling admission (and therefore rolling acceptances), since their "priority" deadline for fall is April, with a hard admissions deadline in August. Anyone hear anything yet? I'm applying for the MDiv.

have either of you been contacted for Leadership Candler yet?

I actually JUST got off the phone with the office of financial aid/admissions -- was asking a question about tax returns. They said to me that they are shooting for Feb 10th to contact people about it, but it might not happen because of the ice storms. They are, however, pretty prompt. I am very impressed so far with them.