2011 Theology Application Results!!!

new mexico

Well, congrats on the Vandy :). Although, I hope you get accepted to HDS for the MDiv. I just got into BU for the MDiv, and if you get into HDS we could take some classes via the consortium! :)

That's where you want to end up, right? Also, congratulations!

Edited by Lib(eration) Theologian

Has anyone heard from Union? They had a staffing change, so I'm sure there is a bit of a delay. Didn't expect it to take this long.

Hey A-rod. I know for the MDiv the deadline was only 9 days ago, making their decision in Mid-March pretty quick, but I don't know what the deadlines for other programs were.

It seems that a lot of us got into Emory. That is great! Has anyone heard about when we will let us know about scholarships, etc?

i was invited to Leadership Candler, which means, at the very minimum, i received full tuition remission with the chance to get a stipend. however, i turned the offer down because i decided i'd rather attend Boston University......so, i hope one of you gets my spot! :)

Edited by new mexico

I wonder what a solid admit from Vandy says about my chances at HDS, YDS, and Union (the three I haven't heard back from).

I think this means that you are a very competitive applicant! I'm guessing at least one of the above three schools will accept you.

i was invited to Leadership Candler, which means, at the very minimum, i received full tuition remission with the chance to get a stipend. however, i turned the offer down because i decided i'd rather attend Boston University......so, i hope one of you gets my spot! :)

Can I have your spot at BU instead? haha! just kidding. Both programs would be good for me. Actually, I thought I had my top choices picked out but then I started thinking realistically about tuition, where my husband could find a job, etc. I don't want to make a decision until I know all my options.

As for Candler, I am an MTS student so I do not think I can get the Leadership Candler award. :( I called Emory this morning and they said that a copy of your tax forms should be sent to them before March 1st and that will help them decide and should expect to hear about scholarships by the end of March. Just FYI for whoever is interested.

Can I have your spot at BU instead? haha! just kidding. Both programs would be good for me. Actually, I thought I had my top choices picked out but then I started thinking realistically about tuition, where my husband could find a job, etc. I don't want to make a decision until I know all my options.

As for Candler, I am an MTS student so I do not think I can get the Leadership Candler award. :( I called Emory this morning and they said that a copy of your tax forms should be sent to them before March 1st and that will help them decide and should expect to hear about scholarships by the end of March. Just FYI for whoever is interested.

Someone from Candler just called me and was kind of wondering why I hadn't accepted the offer. Until I find out financial aid -- I wait.

Someone from Candler just called me and was kind of wondering why I hadn't accepted the offer. Until I find out financial aid -- I wait.

I agree. I'm in the same situation with one of the public health programs I applied to, but I'm not making any decisions till I see everything in writing.

Also, i'm probably going to do the MDiv at BU anyways.

Edited by new mexico

I think this means that you are a very competitive applicant! I'm guessing at least one of the above three schools will accept you.

I sure hope so, but if my worst case scenario is good funding at Vanderbilt Divinity, I think I'll live.

Just got a phonecall of acceptance to Duke Divinity :-). Won't know scholarships until next week.

CONGRATS!

Congrats on the Duke Div. acceptance Phenomenologist.

I received an offer of admission to Marquette last night. Unfortunately I'm waitlisted for funding. I was also waitlisted at Loyola Chicago.

Grace and peace,

Hermeneut(Joe)

Thanks everyone! They admit 150 people for the MDiv out of 350+ applicants, so I'm actually more anxious about the scholarships than anything else. I'll keep you guys posted when I hear some news next week.

I received an offer of admission to Marquette last night. Unfortunately I'm waitlisted for funding. I was also waitlisted at Loyola Chicago.

Marquette is a great school, I'd love to do my PhD there when it comes around. Hopefully funding comes through!

Thanks everyone! They admit 150 people for the MDiv out of 350+ applicants, so I'm actually more anxious about the scholarships than anything else. I'll keep you guys posted when I hear some news next week.

Marquette is a great school, I'd love to do my PhD there when it comes around. Hopefully funding comes through!

i hope you receive substantial funding! let us know!

Is there anyone applying to Hebrew University (Rothberg International School)? I'm supposed to have my major in the Old Testament. Do you think the MA program(The Bible and Ancient Near East) in Hebrew University has the competitiveness for advancing to Ph.D degree in USA? I'm Korean and I received the admission from Candler School(M.Div) and I'm waiting the decision letter from Hebrew University. So I wonder which course would be better for advanced degree in USA.

Is there anyone applying to Hebrew University (Rothberg International School)? I'm supposed to have my major in the Old Testament. Do you think the MA program(The Bible and Ancient Near East) in Hebrew University has the competitiveness for advancing to Ph.D degree in USA? I'm Korean and I received the admission from Candler School(M.Div) and I'm waiting the decision letter from Hebrew University. So I wonder which course would be better for advanced degree in USA.

Is that program taught in English?

Is that program taught in English?

Yes. Rothberg is the international graduate school belonging to Hebrew University. But in order to graduate, completing the Hebrew language course is required(Ulpan). More than half of students in this school are from USA.

Edited by kungsik

Do you think the MA program(The Bible and Ancient Near East) in Hebrew University has the competitiveness for advancing to Ph.D degree in USA? I'm Korean and I received the admission from Candler School(M.Div) and I'm waiting the decision letter from Hebrew University. So I wonder which course would be better for advanced degree in USA.

I'm not sure about the competitiveness of the program, but that's great that you have multiple options to consider. I think two of my buddies went to Hebrew University, but I always mix it up with Jerusalem University, and can never remember which. But they both studied in Israel (independently of one another).

An-yong!