Anyone heard from UCLA?

educ2011

I think that's a good idea. I called Stanford to ask that, and they said they couldn't tell me anything. I still haven't heard back from UCLA, but am preparing for a rejection. Did you receive an email directing you to the website? Or did you just log-in and see a rejection there? I just checked and nothing has been posted yet, which means I'll probably get it later today. uh-oh. Keep your head up. I know this is depressing, but at least you know tons of people applied and that certainly the spots are limited. If I am not happy with my decisions, I think I will consider re-taking the GRE this year, and re-applying for next year. A college counselor told me that my SOP was strong and I know I had good letters of recc......

I got an email with a link to log in to see the department's decision. I logged it and there was a letter on UCLA letterhead that I could print if I wanted to. I am definately taking the GRE again since I think that was the weakest part of my application.

I think that's a good idea. I called Stanford to ask that, and they said they couldn't tell me anything. I still haven't heard back from UCLA, but am preparing for a rejection. Did you receive an email directing you to the website? Or did you just log-in and see a rejection there? I just checked and nothing has been posted yet, which means I'll probably get it later today. uh-oh. Keep your head up. I know this is depressing, but at least you know tons of people applied and that certainly the spots are limited. If I am not happy with my decisions, I think I will consider re-taking the GRE this year, and re-applying for next year. A college counselor told me that my SOP was strong and I know I had good letters of recc......

Did anyone apply for the Social Science and Comparative Edu. Ph.D program? I called this morning. No decisions have been made on my application. The guy says it may come out by the end of this week.

I applied to Social Sciences and Comparative Education, but I applied for the MA program. I haven't heard anything either.

Can'twait, did you get a letter in the mail, or an email? Are you in the US or international? Thanks and good luck to all!

I got a letter in the mail dated february 24th. Im in New Haven CT right now, so kind of far away!

good luck!

hi everyone,

I called UCLA Education office and they said that letters would be sent by mail by next week.

I just said that I was an Urban School applicant to the doctoral program and asked when decisions would be available by.

OK, so I guess we'll know next week??

Good luck everyone!!!

hi everyone,

I called UCLA Education office and they said that letters would be sent by mail by next week.

I just said that I was an Urban School applicant to the doctoral program and asked when decisions would be available by.

OK, so I guess we'll know next week??

Good luck everyone!!!

Did they say all letters would be out or just PHD/EdD? I'm applying for Masters. Thanks!

I just got my acceptance letter to the MA program in Social Sciences and Comparative Education in the mail today!

Letters should be coming to the rest of you very soon...Good luck everyone!

Congratulations!!!

Thanks! I didn't get any information about funding though.

By the way, oiseauaudio, my faculty advisor at UCSB called yesterday. She said they have made some funding decisions, and they are going to offer me a fellowship! I don't know if I am going to take offer, especially with this UCLA acceptance, but I was happy to hear about funding from there. Have you heard anything else from there?

Did you apply for Ph.D or Master program at UCSB? I was admitted by the Cultural perspective and comparative edu. program.

Thanks! I didn't get any information about funding though.

By the way, oiseauaudio, my faculty advisor at UCSB called yesterday. She said they have made some funding decisions, and they are going to offer me a fellowship! I don't know if I am going to take offer, especially with this UCLA acceptance, but I was happy to hear about funding from there. Have you heard anything else from there?

Did you apply for Ph.D or Master program at UCSB? I was admitted by the Cultural perspective and comparative edu. program.

I was admitted to the same program! I applied to the PhD program. Which did you apply to? I am flying out next week because it is my spring break (I'm still finishing up my undergraduate degree), so I should have a better idea as to whether or not I am going to take the offer. Are you from the CA area or from somewhere else?

Has anyone heard back from the MA Education + Credential program yet? Also, for the people who already heard back, did you find out first through email or mail?

Which credential? Teaching or admin? Are you talking about TEP or PLI? I heard back from the PLI program last week.

TEP and secondary social science teaching credential. Did the PLI program notify you via email?

I heard about PLI in person. I am not sure about TEP but I think it might be sometime in April. I was in TEP from 2004-2006 and don't remember when I heard but I think i got a letter in the mail. Good luck!

I heard about PLI in person. I am not sure about TEP but I think it might be sometime in April. I was in TEP from 2004-2006 and don't remember when I heard but I think i got a letter in the mail. Good luck!

I called in a couple days ago to ask if they were sending letters through the mail (as I live in Taiwan) and they said they don't send any letters through the mail. I thought that was strange since people have posted on the "results" section that they received them through postal mail. So frustrating! I'm Social Science & Comparative Ed.