Anyone heard from UCLA?

educ2011

I just received the acceptance letter in the e-mail. It was a big shock to me as I already made my peace that I didn't have a chance at this one. The letter dated Feb 18, 2011.

There will be an open house on March 14. Good luck to everyone!

I just received the acceptance letter in the e-mail. It was a big shock to me as I already made my peace that I didn't have a chance at this one. The letter dated Feb 18, 2011.

Congratulations!!! I am still waiting for my letter.

Congrats! I just got the same letter.

Congrats!

out of curiosity, did you have an interview?

Edited by FingersCrossedX

Hi all,

Can I confirm that those who got into the PSE program ONLY got a postal letter and not a phone call or email? I know this can be the case for a masters but I expected that normally Ph.D applicants would get a phone call at least .

EDIT: Sorry, I think I misunderstood the posts. It does appear that people received an email...

Edited by db2290

Hi all,

Can I confirm that those who got into the PSE program ONLY got a postal letter and not a phone call or email? I know this can be the case for a masters but I expected that normally Ph.D applicants would get a phone call at least .

EDIT: Sorry, I think I misunderstood the posts. It does appear that people received an email...

I got into the PSE program and received a phone call a couple of weeks ago. I also got an email yesterday with funding and other details.

I called the graduate advisor today who said that all letters of acceptance or rejection were being sent by post, and that they should all be out by today and we should recieve them by the end of the week. Not sure how some people were accepted via phone or email tho....hopefully that doesn' t mean that all the letters being sent now are rejections!

do any of you have a masters or graduate work already? Im getting my masters but in a totally unrelated area (Psychology and Neuroscience) I hope that doesn't hurt my chances... :/

good luck everyone!

EDIT: should recieve them by the end of NEXT week :)

Edited by cantwaitNEmore

Thanks for the info! I have a Masters in Education from UCLA.

I called the graduate advisor today who said that all letters of acceptance or rejection were being sent by post, and that they should all be out by today and we should recieve them by the end of the week. Not sure how some people were accepted via phone or email tho....hopefully that doesn' t mean that all the letters being sent now are rejections!

do any of you have a masters or graduate work already? Im getting my masters but in a totally unrelated area (Psychology and Neuroscience) I hope that doesn't hurt my chances... :/

good luck everyone!

Then, I think it's strange that i got my letter via e-mail. Maybe it's because I live internationally and it will take a long time for the letter to arrive that they fear that it will miss the open house date.

good luck everyone!

Then, I think it's strange that i got my letter via e-mail. Maybe it's because I live internationally and it will take a long time for the letter to arrive that they fear that it will miss the open house date.

I just got my letter via email. Rejected.

I'm so sorry to hear that Elbee. Do you think you'll reapply next year? I haven't heard anything yet, so I'm trying to stay positive!

I think I will reapply next year. I am going to call the department and see if they can tell me anything about my app that I can improve for next year. It can't hurt to ask.