It Has Begun

BadgerHopeful

Yes, I received an email from UMD about an hour ago and an email from Indiana about three hours ago. Good Luck!!

Did UMD email???

I still haven't gotten my Indiana email, although my mail server is prob fried from repeatedly hitting refresh.

I just got my email from IU. Yet another rejection. No acceptances yet. Wow, my ego has taken a beating! I don't even know who I am anymore.

Don't worry. I was in your shoes... once, and I survived. Going through all these processes has made my ego's shell a lot thicker than it used to be!

I got an email today from a dean of graduate studies who... wanted to verify the spelling of my name?? What?

To make sure it's spelled correctly on my rejection letter? Anyway, I verified and then that was that.

Also, did anyone apply to Delaware? Have you heard anything??

I got rejected from IU yesterday, and from Rutgers (unofficially, I'm on the waitlist) and Emory (officially via phone) today. Guess I'm staying in Memphis...sucks, since I had really good scores, GPA, interesting topic, lots of interest from potential advisors, etc. Oh well, as long as they keep funding me, and my professor sticks around, it's not a bad deal!

Got into Auburn (my undergrad alma mater) today. I have no idea about funding yet and probably won't end up there, but War Damn Eagle anyway.

I have applied to Delaware but havent heard from them as yet :(

I got an email today from a dean of graduate studies who... wanted to verify the spelling of my name?? What?

To make sure it's spelled correctly on my rejection letter? Anyway, I verified and then that was that.

Also, did anyone apply to Delaware? Have you heard anything??

How did you find out about Rutgers? Did you call? I still haven't heard a peep out of them, which I'm taking for a rejection.

I emailed my POI. he said they wouldn't do formal rejections for awhile, but they already sent out acceptances, and don't expect to take anyone off the waitlist.

I emailed my POI. he said they wouldn't do formal rejections for awhile, but they already sent out acceptances, and don't expect to take anyone off the waitlist.

How kind of them to acknowledge that they will keep those waiting in limbo.

Finally heard back from Hawai'i via snail mail today, though as expected the funding isn't fantastic. Still generous to offer three years of funding, though. Hope anyone else who applied hears back soon!

Finally heard back from Hawai'i via snail mail today, though as expected the funding isn't fantastic. Still generous to offer three years of funding, though. Hope anyone else who applied hears back soon!

Congrats, Paura! I think you're this year's History Idol with a perfect run!

Congrats, Paura! I think you're this year's History Idol with a perfect run!

Go go gadget obscure area of history...! ;) Thanks! Making the decision after my visits is really going to be something.

Maryland rejections are out. They said I could find out why I was rejected, and while I am curious since it was such a great fit, I think I know already.

Now to decide where to go. Two choices > No choices, right?

Still waiting on U of T. My file still says "Under Review' and I've received nothing in the mail. EEP!

Matilda, did yours update on the website at all yet?

I got an email from U of T for the MA program last week. My status has not updated on the website yet.