SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

Have you heard from Longwood yet?

Has anybody heard from :University MN Duluth, sdsu, university of WI river falls, longwood, university of northern colorado?

accepted: Radford

Waitlisted: University AR medical sciences

Rejected: Chico, Memphis, UW eau claire

I heard from SDSU this morning via email.

Tulipfern -- you are in texas right? Would you be able to give Texas State a call to ask when we should hear back from them? I'm international, so it will cost me a bit to call!

Sure, I don't mind. I'll give them a call in the next couple of days.

Hi everyone,

Is anyone else here considering attending University of Washington? Have you been able to visit the school or heard anything about financial aid? I won't be able to visit the school by April 15th so I won't be able to make a good informed decision. I'd like to hear what other people think of the school and program. I also read that students need a car starting fall quarter of their first year. I really don't want to have to buy a car in addition to paying for moving expenses and tuition. I thought first-year placements were all at the in-house clinic anyways. Does anyone know if this is true?

I'm not going to this school, but Seattle has a good public transportation system. If you are staying right within the city, I don't think it would be an issue. Maybe call and see what the furthest area they would send you on for clinic? Areas more north like 'shoreline' (NW of the university) would most likely require a car. I've been to Seattle many times, so I'm familiar with the city but' cant comment about anything regarding the actual school program!

Hi everyone,

Is anyone else here considering attending University of Washington? Have you been able to visit the school or heard anything about financial aid? I won't be able to visit the school by April 15th so I won't be able to make a good informed decision. I'd like to hear what other people think of the school and program. I also read that students need a car starting fall quarter of their first year. I really don't want to have to buy a car in addition to paying for moving expenses and tuition. I thought first-year placements were all at the in-house clinic anyways. Does anyone know if this is true?

I went to visit in January for their Open House and I got a feeling that most of the funding goes to PhD students. They said they fully fund all PhD students and have the biggest PhD program in the country. However, I did talk with the graudate assistant through email and she said 'recruitment' scholarships are offered to some incoming 1st years, but they are only for the 1st three quarters. She also said work-study is available if you are eligible through the government. If you personal message me your email I can forward you the PDF she sent me about financial aid options!

Bumblebee - I received my acceptance in the beginning of March and in the letter it said we didn't need to notify them until August about our decision. I'm thinking they don't do a waitlist? Maybe they wait to hear from some of the first group and then send out more letter (I'm just taking a guess). I do remember reading from last year people still waiting around at the end of March without any notice. Maybe try calling and ask? The graduate coordinator is really helpful.

just wondering, when do you have to let Towson know your decision? Congrats by the way -- I'm anxiously waiting.. ugh! I live in PA and I'm not quite sure how I'd handle going to any of the DC/Balt schools because I recently got married and we have a house and all that, so not sure if living there is an option, but commuting would really stink too... guess I just have to wait to figure out what my options are first!

I had to submit a $300 deposit by March 1st if I wanted to hold my spot, which I obviously did. If I receive other admittances and end up deciding against Towson, I guess I will just have to let them know then...I don't know if there is a deadline for that...

Is anybody going to the Indiana University - Bloomington open house? Or is anyone familiar with that school/that area? I really wanted to go, but it's a bad weekend for me. Could you tell me what it's like?

Accepted to BU -- no money, but geez. I'm excited.

To the person asking about UW -- I can't comment about needing a car (Seattle's public transit is great, but I have heard of people getting placed as far away as Tacoma/Kent and you would definitely need a car for that) but you shouldn't hold your breath on funding for a MS. I know that typically all the money goes to doctoral students.

I applied to ASU too and I currently attend ASU. I know the student who works the desk in the afternoon is gone for break. I'm worried we're getting ready for a rejection letter since no one else seems to have gotten one yet. What are your stats? To the people who got in or were other, share your stats too.

Hmmm. I'm wondering if we'll hear from TC today...

Why today? Did you hear something?

[EDIT: Oh, right! They're supposedly going to let us know this week! But I don't want to know today. It's the Ides of March!]

Edited by gretel

Why today? Did you hear something?

[EDIT: Oh, right! They're supposedly going to let us know this week! But I don't want to know today. It's the Ides of March!]

Someone on here posted that someone in the admission's office said on or around the 15th, but haha! Good point about the Ides. ;)

Has anyone who applied to UNC-G heard back yet? I've been lurking for a few days, but after waiting this long on a decision, I decided to make this one my first post!

Have you heard anything from UNC-G yet?? I'm also waiting on them... I was thinking about giving them a call sometime soon.

Tulipfern -- you are in texas right? Would you be able to give Texas State a call to ask when we should hear back from them? I'm international, so it will cost me a bit to call!

I called, but I only got a recorded message. It's possible the school is closed for Spring Break.

Has anyone else NOT heard from Emerson yet? I'm assuming I've been waitlisted, but would like to know either way. Do you think it's safe to call and inquire at this point?

Go ahead and call admissions. That's what they're there for! (My mom used to work in admissions.)

Has anyone in these forums heard back from Arizona State University? I noticed on the results that people have heard via postal mail and was wondering if your status had also changed in your 'myASU' page as well.

I haven't heard anything and my status hasn't changed yet on the site.

Hi! I am also still waiting on Emerson! ahhh!!! Such a long wait! I wrote them last week and they said they send out letters throughout March...but I don't have a good feeling either...

TC people - first, a professor (Saxman) in the program told me March 15 was when the dept. was going to try to let students know by. But then admissions told me Monday that it could be till April 1st! (noo lol) I've noticed other TC people in different majors have been notified via email directing them to the website. So, I've been checking the admitted student section to see if my login will get me in. So far, it hasn't...

Isn't waiting fun? ;)

Good luck to everyone! And congrats to all those accepted to where they want to go!

Steph

Has anyone else NOT heard from Emerson yet? I'm assuming I've been waitlisted, but would like to know either way. Do you think it's safe to call and inquire at this point?

Hi! I am also still waiting on Emerson! ahhh!!! Such a long wait! I wrote them last week and they said they send out letters throughout March...but I don't have a good feeling either...

TC people - first, a professor (Saxman) in the program told me March 15 was when the dept. was going to try to let students know by. But then admissions told me Monday that it could be till April 1st! (noo lol) I've noticed other TC people in different majors have been notified via email directing them to the website. So, I've been checking the admitted student section to see if my login will get me in. So far, it hasn't...

Isn't waiting fun? ;)

Good luck to everyone! And congrats to all those accepted to where they want to go!

Steph

Noooooo! I can't wait until April 1st!