SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

What exactly is your point?

Almost forgot about you, Ms.Junior ivy (of the junior ivy leagues). You seem naive and hopeful...with the dash of haughtiness. With that, shouldn't you be prepping for forth coming debutante season, don't worry your pretty head about this.

About what.... ho no...are we getting....gulp....existential about this....

You're trying to express an opinion about a lack of diversity in the field. As someone who I assume is licensed and practicing, why don't you just tell us your feelings about it without insulting a whole group of prospective/incoming students? I'm sure you have a broader perspective if you've been in the field for so long. What kind of a response did you want from calling us a bunch of "lilywhite bishes"?

I'm sorry I'm so white! I'm going to call up my school right now and tell them that I'm deferring because I need some time to examine my privilege.

Edited by tayfray

You're trying to express an opinion about a lack of diversity in the field. As someone who I assume is licensed and practicing, why don't you just tell us your feelings about it without insulting a whole group of prospective/incoming students. I'm sure you have a broader perspective if you've been in the field for so long. What kind of a response did you want from calling us a bunch of "lilywhite bishes"?

I' m not one of your professors, so drop the officious, hand-wringing crap. I expect honesty from you people, how dare you demand some greater degree of honesty or transparency (I don't know what the hell you want.....) when you have no critique..nothing....just that you're uncomfortable. So go google a lullaby and go to sleep.

You're trying to express an opinion about a lack of diversity in the field. As someone who I assume is licensed and practicing, why don't you just tell us your feelings about it without insulting a whole group of prospective/incoming students? I'm sure you have a broader perspective if you've been in the field for so long. What kind of a response did you want from calling us a bunch of "lilywhite bishes"?

I'm sorry I'm so white! I'm going to call up my school right now and tell them that I'm deferring because I need some time to examine my privilege.

maybe you can finance it with your trust fund, and your wit.

I' m not one of your professors, so drop the officious, hand-wringing crap. I expect honesty from you people, how dare you demand some greater degree of honesty or transparency (I don't know what the hell you want.....) when you have no critique..nothing....just that you're uncomfortable. So go google a lullaby and go to sleep.

What do YOU want? That didn't make any sense. You drop into a forum of people discussing grad school admissions and drop an angry incoherent rant about homogeneity. I'm not uncomfortable-- reading something like that doesn't make me flush with 'white guilt' the way you think it does-- I'm just curious about what you want to say and why you chose this venue to say it.

I wish.

Seriously, though. This is a weird forum for it, but you have our attention. Are you going to do anything with it, or are you going to keep making off-base assumptions?

Ah, with your first comment...about your privilege, excuse me, your assumed privilege, I was hoping we could spar a little more. Again, none of you...with all talk about your strong gre scores, and multitude of choices..are surprisingly weak minded. Present a damn critique....or more formally...posit a thesis. This inartful dance around specificity..must stop...develop your language target. Callin all haters...

What do YOU want? That didn't make any sense. You drop into a forum of people discussing grad school admissions and drop an angry incoherent rant about homogeneity. I'm not uncomfortable-- reading something like that doesn't make me flush with 'white guilt' the way you think it does-- I'm just curious about what you want to say and why you chose this venue to say it.

Are you sleepy yet?

Shut the F!@** up, ya'll are a bunch of braggert little bishes. Big ups to homogeneity, ya'll are the same, you look the same, share the same cultural background, sound the same, and are all too eager to pronounce judgement upon the growing numbers of children diagnosed with disorders in this field, who neither look like you, nor share your cultural background). Speech path is going nowhere with this maternal - lily white - I know better than you b.s. construct. Eat s*!! and die.

If you are the shining example of diversity for which you so strongly advocate then I can definitely agree with you that this field "is going nowhere".

Anywho. The semester's winding down, and the fifteenth is in two days! Has everybody decided yet?

MGH! I am thrilled! I am just focusing on finishing up the semester and the relocation to Boston! What about you?

University of Tennessee! How about yourself?

UIUC! Sent in my acceptance on the first, and now I'm just waiting to hear more from them. They're waiting until after the fifteenth to start sending out more information, I'd suspect. The program starts in June though, so I wish they'd hurry it up!

UIUC! Sent in my acceptance on the first, and now I'm just waiting to hear more from them. They're waiting until after the fifteenth to start sending out more information, I'd suspect. The program starts in June though, so I wish they'd hurry it up!

congrats! The waiting affffter the waiting is a killer haha I'm sure it'll all be worth it and you'll have a great time in the program!