SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

For those who have been accepted to UT Austin, what were your stats if you don't mind my asking? I expect to hear from them on Friday (before their Spring Break) and I'm preparing for rejection. esp since some folks have already heard from UT. :/

I applied to UT Austin and I have nothing yet still! I have been checking their status check site like crazy and I'm going to check my mailbox one more time before I drive off for my OWN spring break :) I only see 1 acceptance for 2011 on the results board though, and SLP_419 mentioned her friend who got an acceptance to UT, so maybe they're just rolling out letters very, very slowly?

I have a feeling I'm going to come back to school with a Texas letter gathering dust in my mailbox. :P

My prediction is that UT will let people know via email tomorrow morning. That's what they did last year. This is my second year to apply. I only applied to UT and Texas State so hopefully I get into one of those two.

Good luck to everyone!

Just got rejected from Emerson :(. I had a feeling, but meeeeh. I think I had a competitive application, but they had so many applicants. I guess I just feel extra lame 'cause I've only seen acceptances from Emerson on here, so I'm special...and not in the good way. Oh, well. Congratulations to all of you who were accepted!

Hey Shelley D,

While compulsively checking the gradcafe results page, I notice that there are way way more Acceptance and Waitlist posts than Rejections. In fact, the percentage of rejection results is shockingly low. Doesn't that seem strange considering most SLP schools these days accept less than 10% of all applicants?!?!? Logically, there should be way more rejections that acceptances.

I feel you on the competitive app thing. Before I discovered this addictive site, I thought my application rocked!!! especially after raising my GRE score 390 points to a 1390...but apparently you have to be the greatest of the great to get in these days.

Goodluck to all of you "competitive applicants"! (which seems to be all of us...)

My prediction is that UT will let people know via email tomorrow morning. That's what they did last year. This is my second year to apply. I only applied to UT and Texas State so hopefully I get into one of those two.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi! I talked to someone at University of Texas, Austin early this week. They said admission decisions would be going out this week and that you'd get an email directing you to the website. Good luck!

Ok so since this is my second year applying I applied to 15 schools(my bank account is still pisses at me) and I have been rejected by 4-Loyola, George Washington, Hofstra and James Madison. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the others since I haven't heard anything....

NYU-Im assuming a rejection since no interview request

Teachers College

Brooklyn college- saw an acceptance on the results page

St.johns

Towson- saw some result page stuff but no sure

Valdosta

U of central florida

U of Va

UNC Greensboro

Southern CT state

University of Maryland Cp- saw some stuff on the results page as well

Just trying to figure out if I should be expecting rejections from the schools who have already notified people. And I don't know if I've made any waitlists. Any info wound be greatly appreciated to help this overwhelming anxiety.

Ok so since this is my second year applying I applied to 15 schools(my bank account is still pisses at me) and I have been rejected by 4-Loyola, George Washington, Hofstra and James Madison. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the others since I haven't heard anything....

Teachers College

St.johns

Valdosta

U of central florida

U of Va

UNC Greensboro

Southern CT state

Just trying to figure out if I should be expecting rejections from the schools who have already notified people. And I don't know if I've made any waitlists. Any info wound be greatly appreciated to help this overwhelming anxiety.

Don't assume that just because you weren't in the first round of notifications that it'll be a rejection. A lot of programs use the "modified rolling admissions" method, in which they notify the most exceptional applicants first, wait for some decisions to come back, and then they accept more... until they've filled the class. If you look at the results board and go back to previous years, you'll see that there are a lot of programs that start admitting in February and don't contact some admits until April or May. I know it sucks and is incredibly frustrating, but hang in there!

Edited by tayfray

For those of you looking for Emerson responses: they have apparently updated their eCommon application status tab. When you click on your application status link, an uploaded letter should show up saying accepted/rejected.

Or, in my case, your letter could say absolutely nothing but "Dear so-and-so". So annoying!

So yesterday I checked eCommon and had scanned in copy of an acceptance letter in there and got really excited... until today when I checked and it was gone and still said "a decision is not available at this time" ect. So big bummer and very confusing but apparently it has happened to a lot of people because I called Emerson and they just said to check the mail this weekend for a decision. Then after the snail mail gets here they said they will post a letter on eCommon. So now I'm still unsure if they accepted me or not or if they are having seconds thoughts only a day later haha. We'll see.

So yesterday I checked eCommon and had scanned in copy of an acceptance letter in there and got really excited... until today when I checked and it was gone and still said "a decision is not available at this time" ect. So big bummer and very confusing but apparently it has happened to a lot of people because I called Emerson and they just said to check the mail this weekend for a decision. Then after the snail mail gets here they said they will post a letter on eCommon. So now I'm still unsure if they accepted me or not or if they are having seconds thoughts only a day later haha. We'll see.

I think they just want you to get the decision in the mail first. Don't worry. I didn't get my letter posted until a few days after I got the letter in the mail (which was a long time after it was sent, because I'm in Oregon.)

To anyone who has applied to Illinois State University, apparently they've been releasing results today (via website)! All the ones I've seen in the results section here have been rejections so far, so maybe I should be relieved that I don't see anything on my page yet??? :huh:

I received all of my admission decisions and I am very happily going to St. Cloud State (not having to choose definitely relieves some stress)!

I hope everyone does well in their endeavors and gets into a school that suits them!

~Sandra

p.s. I think it's great that you can see peoples stats on the results page now by dragging over the red diamonds.

I received all of my admission decisions and I am very happily going to St. Cloud State (not having to choose definitely relieves some stress)!

I hope everyone does well in their endeavors and gets into a school that suits them!

~Sandra

p.s. I think it's great that you can see peoples stats on the results page now by dragging over the red diamonds.

Congratulations, Sandra!!

~Sandra

Congrats! It must be such a relief to finally have a decision made so you can move forward. :)

I just had a great interview with the University of Tennessee- Knoxville and got my acceptance letter for the University of Memphis! WOOOOO!

Congrats, that's awesome! What type of questions were you asked at UT? I have no idea what to expect...

Good luck to everyone!

Tulipfern -- have you been in contact with Texas State at all? I haven't, and have not heard anything back. Just wondering if you had!

Tulipfern -- have you been in contact with Texas State at all? I haven't, and have not heard anything back. Just wondering if you had!

Hi squaressquared. I haven't heard anything from Tx State either. I applied there last year, but I lacked a prereq they require that UT Austin doesn't. go figure. I do remember that I hadn't heard from them last year by this time either. I haven't read or heard when they usually announce decisions.

Teachers College

St.johns

Valdosta

U of central florida

U of Va

UNC Greensboro

Southern CT state

I applied to 4 of the same schools, UMD, Towson, Loyola, and GWU. Towson sent out 50 early decision acceptances in early february. If any of the admits deny, people on the waitlist get bumped up, BUT i have not seen anyone post a Towson waitlist status.

I emailed Valerie Brownlee from UMD and she emailed me a letter with my waitlist decision. That was a couple weeks ago...

I have not heard from GWU or Loyola. Were you applying to Loyola's 2 or 3 year program?

Hope this helps...

I applied to 4 of the same schools, UMD, Towson, Loyola, and GWU. Towson sent out 50 early decision acceptances in early february. If any of the admits deny, people on the waitlist get bumped up, BUT i have not seen anyone post a Towson waitlist status.

I emailed Valerie Brownlee from UMD and she emailed me a letter with my waitlist decision. That was a couple weeks ago...

I have not heard from GWU or Loyola. Were you applying to Loyola's 2 or 3 year program?

Hope this helps...

Thanks for the info. I was applying for the 2 year. I heard GWU rejects a good number of applicants right off the bat, so I am sure that since you haven't heard, that is a good sign. I was really hoping for UMD and Towson, but we will see. Haven't been home to check the mail yet, so who knows what lies in the mailbox.