Official HKS Thread

Just got waitlisted :(

Hattaba,

I was waitlisted at Princeton, so I know how frustrating that uncertainty can be. If it makes you feel any better, depending on financial aid, I'm most likely going to turn down my HKS spot. I received an offer from another school that's almost impossible to turn down. I know I'm only one person, but there have to be many more like me out there... Head up.

when you post your admission, if you wouldn't mind posting your stats? GPA, GREs, work experience? I'm really curious to see what it takes to get in here....

In!!!

woooooo. wow. unexpected email in the middle of a meeting. having hard time paying attention now :)

long time lurker, just got waitlisted too...

I responded to the email accepting my position on the waitlist, but I did not indicate my intention to accept the offer if am admitted (which I probably would). I've also been doing a lot of work relevant to what I want to study and will have a publication in the next few months. However, the email says "Supplemental materials (publications, awards, meetings with members of the Admissions staff, and so on) are not included in the Admissions Committee’s review of wait-listed applicants. The Committee reviews wait-listed files as they were submitted at the time of application in December."

Should I follow up with anything else, or is it better not to bother them and just keep my fingers (and toes) crossed that the adcom looks favorably enough on my application to eventually admit me? Any advice from other waitlisters??

I guess HKS is pretty clear mate...nothing else is required. Sit tight and be hopeful! Good luck

long time lurker, just got waitlisted too...

I responded to the email accepting my position on the waitlist, but I did not indicate my intention to accept the offer if am admitted (which I probably would). I've also been doing a lot of work relevant to what I want to study and will have a publication in the next few months. However, the email says "Supplemental materials (publications, awards, meetings with members of the Admissions staff, and so on) are not included in the Admissions Committee’s review of wait-listed applicants. The Committee reviews wait-listed files as they were submitted at the time of application in December."

Should I follow up with anything else, or is it better not to bother them and just keep my fingers (and toes) crossed that the adcom looks favorably enough on my application to eventually admit me? Any advice from other waitlisters??

Price is Right Challenge Results!

Contestants are below. Looks like I won (unless I missed somebody) - except they haven't announced MPA/ID yet, so my prize is that I get to continue checking my email every 5 minutes

blingem

3/11 at 5pm.

DCA-John

March 17th, 1 PM

YLSnKSG

March 18, 2:38 PM

Tigereyes25

march 18th 3pm

Latamstudent

March 18th, 5pm

Hattaba

March 19th 6 pm

Idealthinker

21st of March at 1pm

Quixotic Man

March 22, 5pm.

abogs78

March 23, 3 PM

Musicguy595

March 28th, 6pm.

My Stats

Origin: Under represented South East Asian Country (I will have a hard time getting scholarship)

GPA: 1st Class Honours Masters in Commerce

GMAT: 740

WE 4.5 years Strategy Consulting

EC: Started own Social Enterprise in Asia, Pro-bono consulting for small-medium charities in Australia (both in my own time on top of working 60+ hours a week)

Want an MPP to learn about the higher order policy and strategy associated with social sector - everything I've done is very grass roots and learning as I go.

Does someone know or expect a certain date for the MPA/ID results based on releases from previous years?

Price is Right Challenge Results!

Contestants are below. Looks like I won (unless I missed somebody) - except they haven't announced MPA/ID yet, so my prize is that I get to continue checking my email every 5 minutes

blingem

3/11 at 5pm.

DCA-John

March 17th, 1 PM

YLSnKSG

March 18, 2:38 PM

Tigereyes25

march 18th 3pm

Latamstudent

March 18th, 5pm

Hattaba

March 19th 6 pm

Idealthinker

21st of March at 1pm

Quixotic Man

March 22, 5pm.

abogs78

March 23, 3 PM

Musicguy595

March 28th, 6pm.

Couldn't believe my eyes - I'm in HKS MPP! Can't wait to meet you all.

Good luck to those still waiting to hear. I'm sorry to those who haven't had good news, hopefully you'll find a better fit for you at another school.

Thanks to everyone in this forum for making the wait more bearable and entertaining.

Stats:

Asia Pac

Internships: UN, policy thinktank, corporate law firm

Work: 2.5 year FT work at top tier mgmt consulting firm (public sector practice)

GRE: 600 verb, 720 quant, 5.5

Edited by mushroom288

It appears you only applied to HKS or did you apply to other schools? I hope you got good news. Good luck!

Depends on which law school. If you've got the credentials to get in to HYS (and I'm pretty sure you go to S), then I'd say you're probably as close to a shoo-in as possible at Kennedy. If you're looking at CCN, then probably.