Official HKS Thread

Hi jslimcfa, any idea when they sent e-mails out? I ask because it is just noon now - and if decisions are indeed coming out today it will be in the next few hours :-)

Admissions

Stanford International Policy Studies, Columbia SIPA

Rejections

HKS(MPA), MIT Sloan, Yale F&ES

this is what i saw last friday. for your reference

t

So nobody knows if it's possible to switch degrees now?

Also, is there some sort of admitted student community/forum for HKS like there is for SIPA? This discussion seems to have been a bit deserted lately.

Thanks

I would be interested in an admitted student forum as well if anyone wants to pass on information.

Has anybody received their MPA2 decisions yet? I called today and they're sticking with the March 31st date. For those of us that were moved from MPP to MPA2, looks like there's going to be no recourse.

I would be interested in an admitted student forum as well if anyone wants to pass on information.

Thanks for the info! The 31st would be the deadline, but possibly decisions might come early? Or is it a fixed date?

Has anybody received their MPA2 decisions yet? I called today and they're sticking with the March 31st date. For those of us that were moved from MPP to MPA2, looks like there's going to be no recourse.

Thanks for the info! The 31st would be the deadline, but possibly decisions might come early? Or is it a fixed date?

Usually, they send out MPA2 decisions a week after the MPP decisions. But this year with the problems they're dealing with regarding the "Box", I think we'll have to wait a little longer...

Hey prabbit, I have also been a victim of the dreadful box. Do you suggest I at least call them. I haven't done anything about it, since it doesn't seem that anything will help.

Hi Siya -

Once the decisions are posted - I think it may be worthwhile to at least do a joint email for those of us who get rejected by the MPA program. As they say - strength in numbers. I'll pm you (once the results are out) and we can discuss.

I think there's absolutely no harm in calling them now and politely inquiring. That's what representatives are there to do - answer your questions. I think it will also reinforce the message that many of us have been impacted by this issue.

Hey prabbit, I have also been a victim of the dreadful box. Do you suggest I at least call them. I haven't done anything about it, since it doesn't seem that anything will help.

Thanks for the reply. Will call them, but don't hope to hear anything new. The joint mail may help applicants next year I am assuming (i am sure they won't leave it so ambiguous for next year). I can't seem to control my disappointment about this. But, wait, the result isn't out yet!

Hi Siya -

Once the decisions are posted - I think it may be worthwhile to at least do a joint email for those of us who get rejected by the MPA program. As they say - strength in numbers. I'll pm you (once the results are out) and we can discuss.

I think there's absolutely no harm in calling them now and politely inquiring. That's what representatives are there to do - answer your questions. I think it will also reinforce the message that many of us have been impacted by this issue.

Other fellowships "may" require interviews, ie Dubin and Zuckerman. There hasn't been any mention on this forum of people getting interview or finalist notifications...so who knows. I would imagine that someone who gets the Dubin will not also get the Belfer grant. I figure it will be all or nothing April 1

Any thoughts??

Just got put on the waiting list for the MPA2 (after having ticked that damn box). Does anyone know what the stats are from previous years on people being accepted from the waiting list?

Edited by jacket25

Ok.. this is weird! Same situation as you Elsa. No email, but I also have access to the admitted students page. I have no idea what to make of this.

If somebody that was rejected could please please just check to see if they have access to this tab I would really appreciate if they could tell us so we dont get our hopes up!

Thanks!1

GLT

Okay, weird question : I haven't gotten any email (neither an acceptance nor a rejection) and on my sparks account I have access to the new admits page. Anyone in the same situation???????

Guys - I am having the same issue (no word from HKS MPA2 admissions, but a "New Admit" tab now appears next to the "Applicants" tab on my Sparks account), and I also hope that this is not misleading. I agree, could someone who has either been rejected or admitted from the MPA2 program please let us know if you also have this New Admit tab in your Sparks account? Thanks so much in advance.

quote name='MPP-2011' timestamp='1300839422' post='229526']

Ok.. this is weird! Same situation as you Elsa. No email, but I also have access to the admitted students page. I have no idea what to make of this.

If somebody that was rejected could please please just check to see if they have access to this tab I would really appreciate if they could tell us so we dont get our hopes up!

Thanks!1

GLT

Anybody been interviewing for the fellowships (Zuckerman or Dubin)?

I had expected we would hear about fellowships and financial aid on 1 April, but havent heard any movement on interviews.

Any intel?

I see the new admit tab as well...this is just cruel. no email notification.

Thanks so much for the info below, although I'm still too scared to speculate. I am in the same situation - no email, but have a new tab for admit students. i am out of country right now - anyone dare to call HKS admissions and let everyone know whats going on? take one for the team!

I received a rejection email today, and my sparks account hasn't changed whatsoever. I hope the info is useful.

To call I will have to wait till morning...and where I am, I have the day to kill. Can the wait listed applicants also see the tab?

Thanks so much for the info below, although I'm still too scared to speculate. I am in the same situation - no email, but have a new tab for admit students. i am out of country right now - anyone dare to call HKS admissions and let everyone know whats going on? take one for the team!

I don't remember if I didn't see the new admit tab earlier. Or it could be just a normal thing to appear once the admission offers start going out. As for me I applied for MPP (also ticked MPA2-looked like a freebie) and haven't heard anything yet but notice the "new admit" tab (probably because I am looking for it now).

Strangely my spark application status has the message:

"Thank you for applying to the MPA program at Harvard Kennedy School. We have processed your application, and your file is now complete. Please note that if admitted to Harvard Kennedy School, you will be required to submit official transcript(s). An official transcript is one that is sent directly to HKS from the issuing institution."

Whereas I primarily applied for MPP and MPA2 was my second choice.

Any views?

Waitlisted.