Official HKS Thread

Prabbit and abbabeel : check your embark status. if it says "MPA" so yes, we are on the same boat. And according to what the Admission office told to several of us, no we won't be considered for the MPP, the program we applied to in the first place.

If your embark status says MPA, please PM me.

Please, if anyone else is in the same situation (applied to the MPP, checked the box, embark status says MPA), speak up.

Same here, ticked MPA but was really interested in MPP under the impression that I would be considered for both.

Not to add to the speculation, but on the "New Admit" tab, there is a HKS response form that you can fill out, with even an option to accept. I haven't clicked through it (too paranoid to), but why would they offer that functionality if we hadn't gotten in? So annoyed with admissions. Anyone here anything yet?

I don't remember if I didn't see the new admit tab earlier. Or it could be just a normal thing to appear once the admission offers start going out. As for me I applied for MPP (also ticked MPA2-looked like a freebie) and haven't heard anything yet but notice the "new admit" tab (probably because I am looking for it now).

Strangely my spark application status has the message:

"Thank you for applying to the MPA program at Harvard Kennedy School. We have processed your application, and your file is now complete. Please note that if admitted to Harvard Kennedy School, you will be required to submit official transcript(s). An official transcript is one that is sent directly to HKS from the issuing institution."

Whereas I primarily applied for MPP and MPA2 was my second choice.

Any views?

I called them and asked them what the new admits tab was about. first they seemed a bit clueless. then they asked me to check my spam. and then they took my name and email id. basically, they do not know that this has happened. they said nothing about WHEN i will receive the mail..or the result.

I think people should call them and let them know....

Not to add to the speculation, but on the "New Admit" tab, there is a HKS response form that you can fill out, with even an option to accept. I haven't clicked through it (too paranoid to), but why would they offer that functionality if we hadn't gotten in? So annoyed with admissions. Anyone here anything yet?

Edited by Siya210

I have been trying to call for the past half hour and I nobody answers....

Anybody else had any luck?

But based on what they told you we should have already received the email....

I called them and asked them what the new admits tab was about. first they seemed a bit clueless. then they asked me to check my spam. and then they took my name and email id. basically, they do not know that this has happened. they said nothing about WHEN i will receive the mail..or the result.

I think people should call them and let them know....

Ok... just got through.

I told them about the situation, no email but an admitted student tab in my SPARKS account.

They said that we should have received an email and that they cant confirm or deny that the tab means that you have been accepted. That you must have the official decision sent.

They told me that we should send an email to appstatus@hks.harvard.edu , and let them know of your situation.

Hope it helps!! Good luck!

I have been trying to call for the past half hour and I nobody answers....

Anybody else had any luck?

But based on what they told you we should have already received the email....

IN!! Looks like sending the email def helped because I got my notification soon after. congrats everyone and good luck to those still waiting

In as well. Good luck to those still waiting, it's been a crazy process.

I too got MPA2 offered, seems they sent the MPA2 decisions in bulk last night. Also got Georgetown MPP (within an hour of each other)

Now looking frantically for resources/views which would help me compare HKS- MPA2 with SIPA-MPA.

Any help would be appreciated.

Congratulations to all members who got accepted and All the Best to waitlisted members and those who are yet to get offers.

MPA2

I got a call from a current HKS student yesterday to answer any questions I have about the school. I thought it was pretty cool to have a voicemail from Haaaaarrrrrrrrvard waiting for me when I got home. Did anyone else get a similar call? I assume it's their standard practice?

I got an e-mail from a current student matched for first language (French) and degree (MPA-ID). Very personalized indeed.

I got a call from a current HKS student yesterday to answer any questions I have about the school. I thought it was pretty cool to have a voicemail from Haaaaarrrrrrrrvard waiting for me when I got home. Did anyone else get a similar call? I assume it's their standard practice?

Can someone tell me how to remain on HKS waitlist? I have responded to the decision email long time ago. But there wasn't any feedback. Did anyone in my foot do anything to confirm in the SPARK system. Do we have to do that on SPARK anyway...thank you

To call I will have to wait till morning...and where I am, I have the day to kill. Can the wait listed applicants also see the tab?

They don't respond to "confirm" that you are on. I also e-mailed them back and called - they said that e-mailing them sufficed. SPARK doesn't change for waitlisted so not like there is a waitlist tab or anything. I think that if candidates do get off the waitlist that it will be near the end of April - tho they do say notice won't come until after May 15. I'll prob call near the end of April if I haven't heard but other than that. Hope that helps.

Can someone tell me how to remain on HKS waitlist? I have responded to the decision email long time ago. But there wasn't any feedback. Did anyone in my foot do anything to confirm in the SPARK system. Do we have to do that on SPARK anyway...thank you

I got word today that im interviewing for zuck early next week. no clue how many finalists there are in total or when decisions will be out, but april 1 is certainly possible given the time frame and likely low number of finalists.

I applied for dubin as well but have not received any word from them. BUT ive heard in the grapevine that they are doing interviews early next week as well...

I am twiddling my thumbs over here so I've been thinking about housing options and familiarizing myself with the craigslist marketplace. I thought about putting this in the Boston thread, but it is information that is Harvard Kennedy specific sooo....

A current student told me, "There should be some kind of listserve for new admits across the university to meet up and figure out housing. I don't know what it is, but I bet you'll hear about it closer to the beginning of the year. Or check the new admit web page--it may already be listed."

I'm pretty sure this listserv is not up yet, not at least until after April 15. I will definitely be haunting it though!

Other thoughts while we all wait for April 1: I have been pleasantly surprised by the number of emails I have gotten from Ambassadors, Diversity committees, etc. Way more contact than the other schools I was accepted by. Anyone else feel this way?

Hi there,

I received the email on March 26 that I am admitted to MC/MPA, but cannot access "New Admit" tab in SPARKS. Anyone with the same problem?

On Monday I received a message from HKS Admissions office saying "You were just granted access to the new admit tab and the response form today, so you should be able to log in shortly." The same shoud be with yours.

Hi all!

Totally joining this discussion late but want to give hope to people with similar stats like mine.

Got accepted to the MPP on my 23rd bday, March 15th :)

My stats:

GRE: 600V, 690Q, 6AW

GPA: 3.5, double major in International Development Studies and Political Science--International Relations. Large public uni.

Work experience: 6-months teaching in Afghanistan, plus heavy extracurricular involvement at my university (just graduated last June). PPIA Fellow.

Will be pursuing a joint JD/MPP program. Most likely with either Berkeley or Michigan law. Not sure which :/