Any ChemE's here?

ecnerwalc

I applied to Texas and Northwestern and still haven't heard back. Maybe because I applied late-just before the deadline. So far I got admitted to Vanderbilt.

When did you apply? Do you mind sharing your stats?

I applied really early. I think I submitted both in November but the rec letters were submitted in late december. My stats are fairly average, actually: GPA: 3.7, 800Q, 630 V, 5 W, no publications, three years of research+ summers. One thing is, I've been out of school for two years working for non-profit not related to science and engineering. I did apply two years ago and were admitted to these two schools. I expressed interest in attending (but after working for two years) and they kept their word on re-admitting me. as far as the other schools, I may not be so lucky (no others are reapplication).

I applied to Northwestern as well. Submitted the application with all supplemental materials in early December, but have yet to hear anything. :( Do they hold phone interviews? Or are you directly admitted to the program?

Any more news for the Chem E Applicants? I'm starting to get really anxious now. Please share your experience if you have applied to Stanford, UIUC, Northwestern, Purdue, Washington University or Colorado State. Hope its not getting to the point when the offers are mostly gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Melms , do you mind sharing when you applied to and heard back from UIUC?

Any more news for the Chem E Applicants? I'm starting to get really anxious now. Please share your experience if you have applied to Stanford, UIUC, Northwestern, Purdue, Washington University or Colorado State. Hope its not getting to the point when the offers are mostly gone.

Thanks for the responses.I applied Jan1 but received an email from the secretary saying my one of my letter or rec was still missing( I had one letter emailed to her directly but apparently she forgot about it). I was scared if they were done sending all the invites. What other schools are you guys waiting on?

• 3 weeks later...