MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

Hello all,

Nice to know I'm not alone. Feel like I am going crazy with anticipation. Haven't heard anything yet.....

Schools I've applied to:

Carnegie Mellon

Cornell - drawing/painting

Penn State - drawing/ painting

University of Michigan

Montana State (deadline Feb 15) - drawing/painting

University of Montana (deadline Feb 15) - drawing/painting

I really want University of Michigan or Carnegie Mellon! Michigan interviews 20 people on the short list - they fly you out to Ann Arbor for an interview. I am desperately waiting for that call. You would think it would be in Feb? Maybe the snow is causing a delay? ( Like I said, desperate).

Carnegie Mellon's grad admissions coordinator said they start sending acceptances out in Feb if you make the first round. If you are somewhere in the middle of the pack, you might wait until April.

I just want this uncertainty to end!

Check out my site yvonnekunz.com: Most of my application portfolio is the 2010 work.

Cheers!

Carnegie Mellon FTW!!!

Same with me. Email from Christian.

Got a call last week accepting me into SCAD's MFA in Graphic Design program plus $10k/year scholarship. I noticed not many people were applying to SCAD in any discipline. Is that school frowned upon? Is it the cost?

Also applied:

SCAD

VCU

MICA

OU (univ. of oklahoma)

FHSU

Got a call last week accepting me into SCAD's MFA in Graphic Design program plus $10k/year scholarship. I noticed not many people were applying to SCAD in any discipline. Is that school frowned upon? Is it the cost?

Also applied:

SCAD

VCU

MICA

OU (univ. of oklahoma)

FHSU

SCAD isn't ranked very high, its more well known as being focused on its undergrads but I don't know a lot. I know its not exactly held in high regard relative to most schools.

No Yale for me either. What a waste of $100. Should've known not to apply there for the 2nd time. It seems to me they mostly like geometric abstract (like the works of painting chair/director Peter Halley and professor Clint Jukkala) and minimalist, conceptual work. When I went to the open house, that was the majority of the work I saw. I'm not saying their work is bad, I think it's really good, but they seem to pick painting students whose works look like theirs. I didn't see much diversity. I will not be applying to Yale in the future (if I have to apply again next year).

Ya, I think I would have gotten more out of torching 100$

I also received my rejection from Yale last night. Very disappointing since I interviewed with them in 2009, but wasn't admitted. Anyway, these are the schools I have applied to:

Yale (rejected)

RISD

Columbia

SAIC - painting and printmedia

Tyler

MICA - Hoffberger and Mount Royal

SVA

CalArts

UCLA

Hoping for some good news in the coming weeks.

yale yale yale yale you rrrrejected rejected reeejected me.

how could you how could you hooow could you

i thought you looooooooooved me.

that was my rejection song.

oh my god, this whole process is freakin' taxing.

i'm afraid i will be crushed one rejection at a time in the next month.

haha. oh dear.