MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

I am glad I am not alone. ugh.

I've been having this same problem. I seriously think the US postal service is having issues, although I am blaming the weather. Two of the schools (UW and Cranbrook) I had to include the transcripts with the applications to be mailed. Since I still had not received the transcripts in the mail (after my 2nd request!) I included copies with a note explaining everything. A few days later I did get UW's and immediately next day delivered it. Cranbrook's should have been with UW's and I still haven't received it! so I'm going to have to request it again! Both SFAI and Tyler were super nice about it and let me email them a copy. Very very frustrating!

I kinda hinted at how overwhelmed with applications they must have been and then with the weather.... and she is the NICEST lady, and she just started laughing and said "thats my little secret, and yeah the weather hasnt really held us back any" I am not at my permenent address and so I have someone checking my mail for me and wanted to be able to give my friend a heads up, and though she did say the letters would come USPS she told me I could call anytime around the first of the month and she could give me an update and she also said she could email me the decision. SUPER nice lady!!!!!

That's really good to know. I had to call some offices about my letters of rec and I can't say that everyone sounded so nice!

Photography and Media. The letter says I'll get an email soon. It's weird how they don't just send an email.

Did you apply to the art program? Last year I know they sent out emails, too..

& congrats!

anyone else filling out this needaccess form? i'm finiding it pretty frustrating that they indicate if you are indepedent (26 before march), parent's income info isn't required. . . but if you don't include this your form is incomplete. secondly, it's $30 or so, right? the only school's it is required for is yale and columbia. the first to which i've been denied, the second i have yet to hear from. wondering the likelyhood is of my completing this form before their feb 15th deadline, then finding i've also been denied in the same week?

i guess it's better to have it in earlier than late (as they suggest?). what an exhausting and emotionally straining process this is.

According to the FAFSA, aren't you an independent if you turn 24 before 2012? I wonder why that form says differently.

anyone else filling out this needaccess form? i'm finiding it pretty frustrating that they indicate if you are indepedent (26 before march), parent's income info isn't required. . . but if you don't include this your form is incomplete. secondly, it's $30 or so, right? the only school's it is required for is yale and columbia. the first to which i've been denied, the second i have yet to hear from. wondering the likelyhood is of my completing this form before their feb 15th deadline, then finding i've also been denied in the same week?

i guess it's better to have it in earlier than late (as they suggest?). what an exhausting and emotionally straining process this is.

I am dreaming about MICA and RISD.. I have lost 7 pounds in the last two weeks. No appetite and lots of mowing down stress with swim laps.

Ahh I'm going nuts waiting. I keep dreaming about UCSD or USC. Lord pleeeeeeeease. haha.

Thank God for the gym otherwise I'd loose my mind. blink.gif

u are lucky you've lost from the stress....I can barely squeeze into some of my pants that fit fine back in June! :( I had an actual dream that I was accepted to PAFA, and I got there, and it was awesome. No nightmares yet...only hopeful dreams, and only about PAFA for some reason.

I am dreaming about MICA and RISD.. I have lost 7 pounds in the last two weeks. No appetite and lots of mowing down stress with swim laps.

u are lucky you've lost from the stress....I can barely squeeze into some of my pants that fit fine back in June! :( I had an actual dream that I was accepted to PAFA, and I got there, and it was awesome. No nightmares yet...only hopeful dreams, and only about PAFA for some reason.

I agree! I have been gaining weight but that's no mystery since I am a stress eater (and general food lover, really don't get the people who don't like the taste of food/wish I was one of them).

I also had a dream, but yours sounds much more promising. Mine was that I had an interview at Yale (already rejected in real life btw) but I didn't really know what was going on and then suddenly realized I was 20 minutes late for a half-hour interview. It was in this weird lecture hall with super stadium seating and a bunch of people were just chilling around. The interviewers were at a table in the middle looking up and I was freaking out that I was late and apologizing like crazy since I honestly had no idea why I was late or that I was even having an interview, but didn't want to tell them that. Anyway the biaaatch who was interviewing after me got to kind of steal my interview, so we were having this bizarre dual/duel interview that became like jeopardy minus the buzzers. She kept responding first and I was like "hell no this is my interview," so I kept trying to interject at the end of what she said, but I so cleary sucked. They were asking questions like "What do you think of the SCB?" And I was like WTFFF is that??? but my enemy girl knew so I tried to BS about that too. Anyway it all came to a close when they asked to collect my notes for the interview... I was like um I didn't think I was really supposed to have any (the other girl had a neatly-typed booklet of course) but I had these weird notes about who the interviewers were, such as"she likes cats and is quite mean" and I had to hand them over!

Horrible, weird dream, which, at least, will not be a reality since there will be no Yale interview. See people, there are positives to being rejected. No embarassing epic interview fails.

haha Ah I know right?! This is the most effective diet I've ever been on! Working out is the only thing keeping me from obsessing.

i really wish i found this forum before i started the application process, but, no that it is over it is great to see that i'm not alone in my unadulterated insecurity and anxiety.

Haven't heard from any yet. Plus, I've had no work for two weeks (i'm a freelance editor) which isn't helping my self-esteem or easing my anxiety!

I've been having dreams too- last night i had a 'nightmare' where a friend of mine, also a photographer but has no interest in going back to school (mostly shoots commercial stuff anyway) was accepted into the mfa photo program at risd. she didn't apply, they just asked her to join the program. so i'm screaming at my boyfriend, showing him her work, which was a book with two photographs and two words written poorly in pencil on adjacent pages and i'm all "this cannot be serious?!"

One great thing about this experience is that it has taught me that this is undoubtedly what i want to do with my life and that i'm correct in wanting to belong. Just don't know if the schools i applied to feel the same way.

UCLA

UCI

UCSB

SDSU

CSULB

UNM

hahahaha this is great! i don't remember much of my dreams lately, but I can bet that I've had some similar to yours! All that anxiety and, at this point, lack of control, over our fate is just killerrrrr

I agree! I have been gaining weight but that's no mystery since I am a stress eater (and general food lover, really don't get the people who don't like the taste of food/wish I was one of them).

I also had a dream, but yours sounds much more promising. Mine was that I had an interview at Yale (already rejected in real life btw) but I didn't really know what was going on and then suddenly realized I was 20 minutes late for a half-hour interview. It was in this weird lecture hall with super stadium seating and a bunch of people were just chilling around. The interviewers were at a table in the middle looking up and I was freaking out that I was late and apologizing like crazy since I honestly had no idea why I was late or that I was even having an interview, but didn't want to tell them that. Anyway the biaaatch who was interviewing after me got to kind of steal my interview, so we were having this bizarre dual/duel interview that became like jeopardy minus the buzzers. She kept responding first and I was like "hell no this is my interview," so I kept trying to interject at the end of what she said, but I so cleary sucked. They were asking questions like "What do you think of the SCB?" And I was like WTFFF is that??? but my enemy girl knew so I tried to BS about that too. Anyway it all came to a close when they asked to collect my notes for the interview... I was like um I didn't think I was really supposed to have any (the other girl had a neatly-typed booklet of course) but I had these weird notes about who the interviewers were, such as"she likes cats and is quite mean" and I had to hand them over!

Horrible, weird dream, which, at least, will not be a reality since there will be no Yale interview. See people, there are positives to being rejected. No embarassing epic interview fails.

What attracted you to Slade?

I wanted to at least apply to one place in London, to cast my net over there, and after much debate between slade, royal college, and goldsmiths I decided slade seemed best for me. goldsmiths seemed a lil too conceptual (i think? I'm still not so informed on what the schools are like, just kinda went with my gut), and RCA is just so expensive.

me too, I dont know how I feel at this point! I'm actually sort of exhausted from obsessing about it. I moved to the mountains for the winter and I think some serious ski therapy is in order. I need to see if I can go several days without looking at this forum and all of my school admissons sites 10 times an hour.

Yet another day without any word. I Paint Faces, I just had a good laugh reading your dream