MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

@d1450516,

to my knowledge vcu sculpture does not conduct interviews (at least they have not in years past). there's only 6 admitted each year, so they may make phone calls before sending the letter... but i think they are still in the final phase of their process. the letters will be decision letters (not interview letters).

columbia has definitely contacted folks already for interviews. to my knowledge, everyone who is accepted interviews.

someone earlier in this thread said they got a ucla rejection letter for new genres last year on march 11 (after having gone for an interview in feb).

Hey Guys

Just wanted let anyone waiting on Concordia MFA Sculpture to know, I received an email notifying me of acceptance.

So check your emails :) no mention on financial aid though...

good luck to everyone!!

MFA Sculpture 2011

Cranbrook: accepted

SAIC: interviewed (crossing fingers)

RISD:??

-

Canada

York: accepted with full$$

Concordia: accepted

Guelph: interviewed, then rejected (snail mail) on March 2nd

congrats! where do you think you'll end up going? i'd love to see your work.

Hello, I just came across this site yesterday, I wish I had found it in January! I work in a variety of mediums, which I sometimes combine, so although I only applied to 8 schools, I applied to about 15 programs.

SO far I've interviewed at Saic for painting, was accepted at Saic for ceramics, waitlisted at the University of Washington for ceramics/3d4m, and rejected from calarts. I haven't heard from any other schools, most of which I assume means I was rejected or waitlisted. YOu can see my stuff at www.christopherallman.com

But want I want to ask is about money. I notice some people have mentioned being accepted with $. How does this work? Does it just happen automatically? Since, for example, I was accepted to the ceramics program at Saic is there some way I can ask them to offer me money? Any advice or experience on this subject?

hey everyone!! Looks like this year most people are having luck at being accepted to great schools!!!! I dont know if anyone else applied to Montclair this year but I just recieved an acceptance email that said funding info would come in the mail within the week. have a great day!!!!!

Also, because I found it very interesting and figure people here might as well, I will post the statistics I learn at my Saic painting interview. They said they had around 500 applicants a little over. Of those 80 were interviewed and of those about half will be accepted.

I would be interested in hearing if any one knows the stats at other programs.

Look at the forum post: "Want to know your schools acceptance rate?" gives you an idea about those stats.. kind of

Also, because I found it very interesting and figure people here might as well, I will post the statistics I learn at my Saic painting interview. They said they had around 500 applicants a little over. Of those 80 were interviewed and of those about half will be accepted.

I would be interested in hearing if any one knows the stats at other programs.

I think every school does it differently. After I was accepted to Wisconsin I had to apply to their ta and pa positions. SAIC is notoriously bad for funding. In the sculpture dept they only give one student per year a free ride. I've started to look into local scholarships through foundations but haven't found a good resource for that yet.

good luck - and congrats on getting into SAIC Ceramics!

Hello, I just came across this site yesterday, I wish I had found it in January! I work in a variety of mediums, which I sometimes combine, so although I only applied to 8 schools, I applied to about 15 programs.

SO far I've interviewed at Saic for painting, was accepted at Saic for ceramics, waitlisted at the University of Washington for ceramics/3d4m, and rejected from calarts. I haven't heard from any other schools, most of which I assume means I was rejected or waitlisted. YOu can see my stuff at www.christopherallman.com

But want I want to ask is about money. I notice some people have mentioned being accepted with $. How does this work? Does it just happen automatically? Since, for example, I was accepted to the ceramics program at Saic is there some way I can ask them to offer me money? Any advice or experience on this subject?

To determine admissions statistics...go to petersons.com, click on Graduate Search on the top left, and then type in: [school name] mfa art (ex: purchase mfa art). Then, once you get your search results and click on your link, click on Admissions to left side and you can see the percentage of acceptances and whatnot...hope this helped.

I committed to UCSB couple days ago, I'm 100% positive that no one can even come close to the package they offered (tuition, fees, health + $27K fellowship). On top of that the faculty is stellar and the location can't be beat...I'll take sand over snow any day of the week.

Wow, that's an incredible deal...maybe I should have applied there. Can I ask where else you were accepted?

OH, I just got an artist residency at Camac in France this summer...just FYI.

Thanks!

I committed to UCSB couple days ago, I'm 100% positive that no one can even come close to the package they offered (tuition, fees, health + $27K fellowship). On top of that the faculty is stellar and the location can't be beat...I'll take sand over snow any day of the week.

WOW!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats!!!!!!!

thanks you guys!

Im SO SO SO Happy for you!!! I KNEW you would be accepted to the perfect place for you!!!

you can add me to the happy list!! so great you found a school that fits you!

wow congrats that's really cool...don't get to hear much about residencies in these forums...what is the residency?

I'm so jealous :P Congratulations!!! How wonderful to have certainty and such a great package.

yea SAIC mostly has one free ride per department, and a few other scholarships, I doubt any more are in ceramics, maybe in painting though. You will most likely get a SAIC grant as their financial aid, and it will cover a little of your tuition.

Wow, that's an incredible deal...maybe I should have applied there. Can I ask where else you were accepted?

Thanks!

I've only heard back from a couple schools. Still waiting to hear back from RISD, UCLA, USC, Parsons, and Columbia. I know RISD and Columbia can't beat that package...and I'm fairly certain the rest can't either since UCLA said that I'd get a full ride, but no TAships my first year and multiple people at RISD said that funding wasn't their strong point, I don't know what Parsons funding looks like but if I had the choice, I'd still take UCSB. I've been rejected by UCD, UCSD, and Yale. I guess it really doesn't matter where I get in now since I'm lined up for UCSB.