MSW Canadian Applications Fall 2024

jmcinn97

52 minutes ago, tayw said:

Has anyone heard of people not getting an ACORN deposit invitation days prior to their acceptances? Is there a possibility they might come out on the same day?

I haven't heard of this but I saw on FB that those that applied to the mental health and health stream haven't heard anything back yet (on acorn either). I also have heard that the first batch of acceptances roll out through 1-2 weeks so I wouldn't get worried yet! 

If someone did get accepted to that stream- please let us know!!! 

5 hours ago, earlymorningbells said:

I received my acceptance to Carleton's 2-Year Foundations program yesterday! I sincerely did not think I would get in after that email they sent on Wednesday. :wacko:

congratulations!! I also applied for the 2 year foundational and am still waiting for the result. My application status is still review in progress by graduate faculty. I hope thats a good sign. Do you mind sharing your last name initial? Thank you so much!!!

3 hours ago, tmce94 said:

I haven't heard of this but I saw on FB that those that applied to the mental health and health stream haven't heard anything back yet (on acorn either). I also have heard that the first batch of acceptances roll out through 1-2 weeks so I wouldn't get worried yet! 

If someone did get accepted to that stream- please let us know!!! 

Is there a way people are finding out which stream they're accepted to? I applied for MH&H as my first choice and Children and their Families as second but I don't see any indication on the acorn invite.

23 minutes ago, endlessmagic said:

Is there a way people are finding out which stream they're accepted to? I applied for MH&H as my first choice and Children and their Families as second but I don't see any indication on the acorn invite.

You will only find out once the letter/update on SGS is sent out. Acorn won’t say. 

I applied to UofT MSW advanced standing, my first choice was mental health, and health and my second choice was children and their families.  My status on ACORN also shows that I was "invited" and have an outstanding deposit.  From what I have seen on Reddit, it appears to be a good sign; but they also say wait for the official notification from the school! Fingers crossed and good luck everyone :) 

6 hours ago, iceeee said:

congratulations!! I also applied for the 2 year foundational and am still waiting for the result. My application status is still review in progress by graduate faculty. I hope thats a good sign. Do you mind sharing your last name initial? Thank you so much!!!

Thank you! From what I've seen, I think it is. My last name begins with S. 

Hi everyone! I also saw on ACORN that I was accepted to the full-time U of T MSW advanced standing program! My first choice was social justice & diversity and my last name starts with P. This is so exciting, U of T is my top choice and I will likely accept. We have until May 31st to pay the deposit it says. I am still waiting to hear back from UWaterloo (part-time), UVic, and McGill. Good luck as more decisions roll out 😊

Edited by msw1910

6 hours ago, msw1910 said:

Hi everyone! I also saw on ACORN that I was accepted to the full-time U of T MSW advanced standing program! My first choice was social justice & diversity and my last name starts with P. This is so exciting, U of T is my top choice and I will likely accept. We have until May 31st to pay the deposit it says. I am still waiting to hear back from UWaterloo (part-time), UVic, and McGill. Good luck as more decisions roll out 😊

AMAZING!!! CONGRATS!!!

1 minute ago, EaglesFan123 said:

Coongrats to everyone getting the invites from U of T! Exciting news!

For those of us who haven't gotten an invite is this a safe bet that we didn't get in? or should we not panic yet? LOL

I would not panic yet, still lots of time! 

I received an offer from UofT AS, I applied to two streams but my 1st priority is Mental Health and Health. My last name is K. 

I will likely accept the offer as I only applied to UofT and York and UofT is my first choice. 

All the best to everyone. 

Edited by AliceK

I too received an "invited" notice on Acorn for U of T today!! I applied to both the Mental Health and the Leadership & Management streams so have no clue which I'm being offered for :)

Oh and my last name begins with E in case that helps others

Edited by SoberJulie

47 minutes ago, SoberJulie said:

I'm waiting for the letter and responses from other schools

Does anyone have any clue how long it takes to receive an offer from U of T once the status on Acorn changes to invited?

someone on a fb group mentioned it took 2-3 days.

1 hour ago, paulinababy said:

Have any UofT people paid the deposit already? Or are you waiting to get the letter?

I am going to wait for the letter personally! 

3 hours ago, SoberJulie said:

I too received an "invited" notice on Acorn for U of T today!! I applied to both the Mental Health and the Leadership & Management streams so have no clue which I'm being offered for :)

Oh and my last name begins with E in case that helps others

Congrats!! I have seen people mentioning their last name, is that how admissions are sent out? By alphabetical order?

7 hours ago, tayw said:

Congrats!! I have seen people mentioning their last name, is that how admissions are sent out? By alphabetical order?

I am just doing this because I saw people asked, I am not sure if that's alphabetical actually...... Hopefully this is not misleading. 

Has anyone else who was "invited" to UofT on ACORN also received a credit today but not confirmation email?

Edited by tiimhonks

I received an official email stating I was accepted into UofT MSW program. The acceptance letter is a total of 8 pages long. I have until June 1st to pay my deposit.

Good luck to everyone 🙏🏼

Edited by sf291991

4 minutes ago, sf291991 said:

I received an official email stating I was accepted into UofT MSW program. I have until June 1st to pay my deposit.

Good luck to everyone 🙏🏼

Congratulations that is amazing news!! When did you receive the email? On my Acorn account it says "invited" but I still have not received an email. Wondering what this means!

8 minutes ago, sf291991 said:

I received an official email stating I was accepted into UofT MSW program. The acceptance letter is a total of 8 pages long. I have until June 1st to pay my deposit.

Good luck to everyone 🙏🏼

CONGRATS!! Sorry if I missed it if you posted before what stream is it?