MSW Canadian Applications Fall 2024

jmcinn97

On 2/1/2024 at 3:00 AM, Socialwork1996 said:

Hi there! Based on last year, most people started getting results around Feb 16th. I noticed the forum for 2024 is quite smaller, hope that means there wasn’t as many applicants 😝 I put all my eggs in 1 basket so I’m nervous but also trying to be a realist 🫠

Lol you're so real for this 🤣 did 2-year applicants start hearing at that time too? I know advanced standing applicants start to hear back in feb so would potential 2-year app rejections go out around that time too?

4 hours ago, KJLK0316 said:

Lol you're so real for this 🤣 did 2-year applicants start hearing at that time too? I know advanced standing applicants start to hear back in feb so would potential 2-year app rejections go out around that time too?

I’m not too sure tbh 🤨 I would assume so? Maybe it depends on the school too! 

10 hours ago, swhopeful444 said:

My application status (for Carleton 2 year program) is still in Recommended for Assessment. I was hoping that it would have changed by this point. Has anyone's status changed yet?

They don't change right as February starts (or at least it didn't last year). Last year, applicant's (including myself) received an email once all applications had been reviewed (that was closer to the end of February) and statuses only began changing a day or so after that point. 

Edited by jmcinn97

On 9/23/2023 at 3:47 PM, olivialynne said:

Hi everyone!

This will be my first time applying for a MSW. I will be applying for Dalhousie - online, and U of Waterloo - online. I graduated in April 2021 with my BSW from the UVic.

So far, I am really struggling to find academic references. Many of the professors I had at UVic no longer work at the school. Wondering if anyone has experienced something similar?

I am wondering if anyone has any general advice for the supplementary/ essay parts of the applications?

Thanks all!

I applied to U Waterloo too! 

Seen someone say they know someone who just received rejection from U of T 2 year program and . Wondering if anyone else has heard anything?

I assume this person likely didn’t meet the minimum qualifications in some capacity. 

51 minutes ago, Lotusgirl said:

Seen someone say they know someone who just received rejection from U of T 2 year program and . Wondering if anyone else has heard anything?

I assume this person likely didn’t meet the minimum qualifications in some capacity. 

That assumption is not necessarily correct... there are many people who meet/exceed minimum qualifications every year who get rejected. 

Hello,

Does anyone know how you check your application status after applying to the UofT Masters program? It says you can check the application status through your application status page, but that page no longer works for me. When I try to log on, it says invalid email. The only other information sent via email from UofT was for the JoiniD and student number to sign in with, but it doesn't have any information on my application there. Are offers sent to address via letter mail? Any help is appreciated!

8 hours ago, Lotusgirl said:

Oh my 😭 I haven't heard anything but now I am horrified lol I thought we would be hearing back in late March 🫠

9 hours ago, KJLK0316 said:

Oh my 😭 I haven't heard anything but now I am horrified lol I thought we would be hearing back in late March 🫠

Yes it does seem early for 2year anyway. That’s why I thought maybe there was some missing requirement reason, but who really knows!

Admissions decisions will be here before we know it though so hang tight and best of luck! ☺️

On 2/10/2024 at 7:43 AM, Lotusgirl said:

Yes it does seem early for 2year anyway. That’s why I thought maybe there was some missing requirement reason, but who really knows!

Admissions decisions will be here before we know it though so hang tight and best of luck! ☺️

So true! Its already mid feb 😭 Best of luck to you too! We got this ❤️

53 minutes ago, hopefulmsw123 said:

I am, yes! I applied to the advanced standing program. 

Cool, same! Although I think that’s all they offer for the MSW since à BSW is a requirement for it. Best of luck!! I’m hoping we hear back next week because that’s around the time last year students did

3 minutes ago, tooturntmacaroon said:

Cool, same! Although I think that’s all they offer for the MSW since à BSW is a requirement for it. Best of luck!! I’m hoping we hear back next week because that’s around the time last year students did

Oh that’s good to hear, hopefully we do! Last year I was rejected in January from this specific program which was super disappointing… wondering if something was wrong with my application that I didn’t notice because I was surprised to receive a rejection so early. I was then waitlisted at Western, UofT, and TMU. 

2 minutes ago, hopefulmsw123 said:

Oh that’s good to hear, hopefully we do! Last year I was rejected in January from this specific program which was super disappointing… wondering if something was wrong with my application that I didn’t notice because I was surprised to receive a rejection so early. I was then waitlisted at Western, UofT, and TMU. 

Oh wow, did you ever email them? Usually they will share why you were declined if you ask! 

Hi all,

I applied for online part time advanced standing program at Laurier. This is the only application I submitted because I was looking for 100% online program... I submitted mine back in December and I have not heard from them yet. I came across the post somewhere online (either here or Reddit) that online advanced standing is for people who have 10+ years of experience in the field. I have 3 years. I am freaking out now 😭😭😭😭 I got 3.6 GPA avg and only 5K hours paid work experience (with volunteer I have little over 8500 hours). I read the forum and see a lot of you have advocacy work experience. I got close to zero... I just began working on a grant for a community program!!!! Wish I can add this to the application now ..smh...  Anyone here applied for advanced standing online program at Laurier and still awaiting decision like me? 

20 minutes ago, Rsw2000 said:

Hi everyone! 
I got acceptance into Waterloo’s online MSW program today! Still waiting to hear back from UofT:)

Awesome!! Did you hear from Quest or an email? 

Edited by tooturntmacaroon
Congratulations!!! I just checked and it says there’s still no decision, ughhhh