MSW Canadian Applications Fall 2024

jmcinn97

5 minutes ago, LizzieF. said:

Did anyone else get an invite, plus showing a deposit due on Acorn for UOFT? What does that mean?? I don't see any email or anything on the admission page.

Oh, according to the posts last year, that's definitely a good sign but I don't see anything in my Acorn, I announce it is the official time for me to freak out. 

Has anyone else here been asked for a 4th reference from UBC-O? 

And/or, is there any insight into the timing of when UBC-O indicates yes/no for foundation applications? From this thread, it seems acceptance emails have arrived as early as December 2023, but in previous years, offers have gone as late as May (and last year, UBC-O actually extended its deadline for domestic applicants to March 15th). 

Am trying to get a sense of timelines so I can start making some informed decisions about options to date. 

Any insights into the black hole of UBC would be appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by paxbellator

9 minutes ago, bookworm247 said:

Wow congratulations!!! Did you receive an email?

no email yet, just an invite on acorn and deposit. I heard it takes a few days for it to come up on the SGS platform.

1 minute ago, paulinababy said:

no email yet, just an invite on acorn and deposit. I heard it takes a few days for it to come up on the SGS platform.

For some reason when I try to search for an acorn login nothing useful comes up.. I can only get in to the SGS platform!

41 minutes ago, LizzieF. said:

Did anyone else get an invite, plus showing a deposit due on Acorn for UOFT? What does that mean?? I don't see any email or anything on the admission page.

Hi did you apply for the advanced or foundational? Congratulations!!

7 minutes ago, paulinababy said:

congratulations!! 🥳 do you mind sharing what stream you applied to?

Just now, bookworm247 said:

OMG I just checked my Acorn and it says “invited” and it shows I can make a deposit. Does this 100% mean we are in?????

from people who got accepted last year.. yes.

30 minutes ago, paulinababy said:

Hey congratulations!!!! What does your last name start with and what stream did you apply to? I am so nervous I applied for the advanced standing program

Just now, MSWtimeeee said:

Hey congratulations!!!! What does your last name start with and what stream did you apply to? I am so nervous I applied for the advanced standing program

My last name starts with O and i applied to the children and their families stream.

58 minutes ago, bookworm247 said:

OMG I just checked my Acorn and it says “invited” and it shows I can make a deposit. Does this 100% mean we are in?????

Would you mind sharing which stream did you applied to? Also, big congratulations!! 

23 minutes ago, LizzieF. said:

Hi! I applied to the Advanced Standing Gerontology stream, and my last name starts with an S. 

Thank you so much for sharing. Did the application status change for you after the acron update? Thank you!!!

Congratulaitons for those who are accepted!!

I am sorry for long post but I have a question...

I am accepted by UManitoba MSW (2 years), butit's a "conditional offer"... which I'm (I was) taking unnecessary/not mandatory courses as a Non-degree student right now. I graduated my BA already. They asked me to submit the transcrpit once I finish my courses. However, I already dropped the courses from my financial difficulity before I receive the offer.

These courses I'm taking are from my own interest (Psychology courses) and it wasn't mandatory pre-requisite for UManitoba anyway. - Do you think they accept this condition and still accept me, or strictly say "No you need to complete that course otherwise we do not accept you" ??

I already sent email to the admission office a week ago but no reply so far... and I'm so nervous if they flip the offer off.

I know that if some courses are mandated pre-requisite, we need to take, maybe Summer, the lastest... but wonder what my case would be.

If anyone know the situation like this, please let me know!

1 hour ago, KJLK0316 said:

Omg congrats to everyone who got into Uoft!!! Are you all advanced standing applicants??

Advanced standing acceptances have begun! I know someone who applied to the 2 year last year and they got their acceptance at the end of March. 

1 hour ago, paulinababy said:

Advanced standing acceptances have begun! I know someone who applied to the 2 year last year and they got their acceptance at the end of March. 

I don't think I can survive this wait 🫠 Congrats again!!!!

Dumb question but what does this mean? 

'Admission conditional upon receipt of official electronic or hard copy transcript, sent directly from the institution to Carleton University Graduate Admissions, indicating degree(s) conferred with required standing: Bachelor of Arts Humanities, University of [Blank].'

Like do I have to do anything? 

9 minutes ago, earlymorningbells said:

Dumb question but what does this mean? 

'Admission conditional upon receipt of official electronic or hard copy transcript, sent directly from the institution to Carleton University Graduate Admissions, indicating degree(s) conferred with required standing: Bachelor of Arts Humanities, University of [Blank].'

Like do I have to do anything? 

You need to send *official* transcripts to the school (all of your transcripts you initially used for applying).