MFA 2024 Freak Out Forum

CactusWren22

2 hours ago, hihihi123 said:

That would be sweet if i got one because im flying to new york to interview at Rutgers march 8th....but i have not heard from hunter:( they seemed really set on the 3.0 gpa min so i was worried about that even though my essays explain why my gpa was so bad ha. congrats tho....one of the professors there worked where i went to undergrad and she is fantastic!!

Did Rutgers confirm with you yet? I sent my rsvp for the in person date but have not heard back yet. 

21 minutes ago, jijikkk said:

anyone apply to mfa photography??

just done the interview with pratt, and got invits from saic and sva for the next week

anyone hear from parsons and risd?? quite anxious

what they ask during the interview? what question you find interesting

10 minutes ago, freshman2024 said:

Did Rutgers confirm with you yet? I sent my rsvp for the in person date but have not heard back yet. 

No i still have not gotten a confirmation email......its weird how they do it ut austin told me my time without options saic had the online sign up but rutgers they are gonna email everyone individually? 

2 hours ago, ThinkAsSiren said:

I received a phone call from RISD today on my acceptance to the MFA painting program! 

And I was talking with my friend who is currently a 1st year MFA painting student, it seems that RISD usually gives initial acceptance notifications over a phone call. (so a good thing to know is do not just turn off calls from unknown numbers assuming it is spam 😂 )

Congrats! So exciting, you must be thrilled! 
Do you know if they call all accepted applicants on the same day? I had an interview for painting, just wondering if I'm out of luck 😕

1 hour ago, Benz555 said:

No, unfortunately, I have not, I only received an interview for a photo, which I am attending this weekend. If Sculpture does accept me I will do a Zoom interview since they are taking forever to get back smh

Ah, I see—congrats an good luck on the photo interview! Will keep waiting for any sculpture updates….

20 minutes ago, looooneytoonie said:

Congrats! So exciting, you must be thrilled! 
Do you know if they call all accepted applicants on the same day? I had an interview for painting, just wondering if I'm out of luck 😕

Thank you!! I can relate to how you feel. Sadly, I do not know if they make all the calls on the same day ... I hope you hear thing back soon. 

55 minutes ago, Benz555 said:

what they ask during the interview? what question you find interesting

1 hour ago, meepie said:

How was your Pratt interview? I am interviewing for painting tomorrow

5 questions in total, cant recall all of them but: 3 words best describe your works/tell us something about you that we wont see in your application materials/when photography and its forms being so universal, why to attend an mfa and why right now.  Hope this helps

Hey yall! JUst saw an email from Cranbrook saying that applications were just delivered to programs. Interview emails should be coming out soon! feels good to hear something from them. :,)

Hi! Sorry to be repetitive but was seeing if anyone heard from the following programs for ceramics/3D:

LSU, GW, VCU, UArk 

I had an interview with MASS Art and Design so I am waiting on that. Rejection from UGA, and assuming rejection from MICA and RISD because I haven't heard anything.

So far on the application front:

UNM - rejection email, 2/14/24

ASU- Invitation to interview, 1/22/24 | notice of acceptance via email, 2/14/24

Yale- rejection via portal, 2/9/24

UNC- Invitation to interview, 1/22/24 | awaiting decision