MFA 2024 Freak Out Forum

CactusWren22

1 minute ago, Beenthereonce said:

I will email the financial aid office lady, and see what's up, because they are stalling, and I have to make decisions. 

yesss. please keep us posted! 

1 hour ago, ZenGarden said:

I emailed Pratt this morning asking when the decision will be made since I have looming deadlines from other programs. And I literally received the decision letter just 2 HOURS after I sent the email. This feels like a JOKE. But thanks Pratt :) 

I am also still waiting for a response from Pratt since its been dead silence on their part so ig I should email them too huh...🙂

32 minutes ago, MFAturtle said:

The status of the Colombia MFA (sculpture) application portal has been updated. 

Does anyone know what the chances are for waitlisted applicants to be accepted at Columbia mfa?🤒

got waitlisted for photo lmaooo

3 hours ago, ZenGarden said:

I emailed Pratt this morning asking when the decision will be made since I have looming deadlines from other programs. And I literally received the decision letter just 2 HOURS after I sent the email. This feels like a JOKE. But thanks Pratt :) 

I was also admitted this morning but I didn't email them (well, I did last week, asking to visit). But mine doesn't appear to have any tuition reduction. Does yours or others that were admitted? 

24 minutes ago, DeltaG24 said:

I was also admitted this morning but I didn't email them (well, I did last week, asking to visit). But mine doesn't appear to have any tuition reduction. Does yours or others that were admitted? 

Same. No $$$ info unfortunately 

No word today from Hunter post-interview, so I'm resigned to a forthcoming portal rejection 😕. But congratulations to those who got in!!

On a bright note, SUNY Purchase bumped up their financial offer from an initial $5,000 a year to $7,500 this morning (in-state tuition is just over $13k per year).

Edited by RadicalDreamers

23 minutes ago, RadicalDreamers said:

No word today from Hunter post-interview, so I'm resigned to a forthcoming portal rejection 😕. But congratulations to those who got in!!

On a bright note, SUNY Purchase bumped up their financial offer from an initial $5,000 a year to $7,500 this morning (in-state tuition is just over $13k per year).

Don’t lose hope, programs are all over the place and their process is definitely not lineal or structured to follow a certain order      

6 hours ago, Beenthereonce said:

YALE FOLKS, packages will be send out later today so we good! Just got a email back from Nicole from financial aid.

Hiya, did anyone get their package yet? I still haven't seen anything... 

Edited by camillie

Just now, Gamja said:

Hi guys, does anyone know if Yale’s offer of financial aid applies to our second yr as well? It says 2024-25 so I wasn’t sure 😭😭😭😭

I’m pretty sure you have to fill out the same paper work next year for the 25-26 school year. So it’d only be for the one year. 90% sure. 

24 minutes ago, greengrass said:

I’m pretty sure you have to fill out the same paper work next year for the 25-26 school year. So it’d only be for the one year. 90% sure. 

I see 😮‍💨😮‍💨 thank you so much for sharing!

8 hours ago, DesyDes said:

Does anyone have a “unit loan” on their package from Yale? That sounds confusing 🥸 

I think it covers for what they cannot give out in scholarships