SSHRC CGS-D & Doctoral Fellowships 2024-2025

thejorts

3 hours ago, Ellisse said:

i saw on reddit that NSERC may release results on the 25th. not sure about sshrc though. 

Nserc released on the 25th last year but nobody actually knows for sure exactly what days the results will come out, just that it will happen by April 30th. It's a different day every year. 

No news for us but it seems like NSERC results are starting to trickle out! One student received a congratulations email from their awards office this morning. 

17 minutes ago, shsheen said:

Will the unsuccessful applicants also be notified?

Yes! Everyone gets an email when their results become available. It's quite stressful because you don't know wether your application was successful or not until you open the files in the extranet portal that they send you!

I just checked the SSHRC portal (not sure why since it seems we get a new log-in to check the results) but it looks like there is maintenance scheduled tomorrow between 8am and noon. Maybe results will go out after that?

When I look at the portal it says the maintenance is on saturdays 😮 When I open my portal, I can click on CGS-Doc but there are no documents yet. Hopeful they will come out shortly!!

5 minutes ago, AB2222 said:

I just checked the SSHRC portal (not sure why since it seems we get a new log-in to check the results) but it looks like there is maintenance scheduled tomorrow between 8am and noon. Maybe results will go out after that?

18 minutes ago, ladyphd said:

When I look at the portal it says the maintenance is on saturdays 😮 When I open my portal, I can click on CGS-Doc but there are no documents yet. Hopeful they will come out shortly!!

Oh - what do you mean you can click on CGS-Doc? Is that on https://webapps.nserc.ca/SSHRC/faces/logon.jsp?  Is it in the list of application forms?...

2 hours ago, ladyphd said:

Yes! Everyone gets an email when their results become available. It's quite stressful because you don't know wether your application was successful or not until you open the files in the extranet portal that they send you!

Thanks for the answer! That does sound terrifying... haha

33 minutes ago, FutureAssyriologist said:

Oh - what do you mean you can click on CGS-Doc? Is that on https://webapps.nserc.ca/SSHRC/faces/logon.jsp?  Is it in the list of application forms?...

Oh, no! Results come out on the Extranet, it's another portal. They only send you the link with the results email! this is the link: https://fs2.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/adfs/ls?wa=wsignin1.0&wtrealm=urn%3asharepoint%3aextranet%3ainfluence2.sshrc-crsh.gc.ca&wctx=https%3a%2f%2finfluence2.sshrc-crsh.gc.ca%2fsites%2f700000%2f_layouts%2f15%2fAuthenticate.aspx%3fSource%3d%2Fsites%2F700000 

Last year, I could not access my account before results came out, but this year, I can because I already applied last year, so that's probable the reason why! YOu have to create an account with the same email you applied with. They like to keep things complicated😅

3 hours ago, AB2222 said:

Oh nice! I wonder why the maintenance is tomorrow for me. I don’t see anything saying CGS doc. Maybe you’ll be among the first to get your results :)

Mine also says maintenance is scheduled for tomorrow!!

Probably means nothing, but I am now able to get into the extranet using last year's link through my phone (no results yet obviously). Yesterday it said the page didn't work on phones so I could only get in through my laptop. Hoping this means they are making moves lol

This update made me smile because we are all just like- please let this tiny difference mean something 🥺 Every year they make us wait past the NSERC kids to get our results and it's so hard! 

5 minutes ago, impatientlylurking said:

Probably means nothing, but I am now able to get into the extranet using last year's link through my phone (no results yet obviously). Yesterday it said the page didn't work on phones so I could only get in through my laptop. Hoping this means they are making moves lol

4 minutes ago, chicha3maddy said:

This update made me smile because we are all just like- please let this tiny difference mean something 🥺 Every year they make us wait past the NSERC kids to get our results and it's so hard! 

So true! It seems like NSERC results rolled out quite seamlessly - cautiously optimistic that we can avoid last year's suffering

10 minutes ago, impatientlylurking said:

So true! It seems like NSERC results rolled out quite seamlessly - cautiously optimistic that we can avoid last year's suffering

Last year was horrendous... I so hope we don't have that kind of mess again! 

5 minutes ago, FutureAssyriologist said:

I am afraid to ask but… what happened last year??

Oh boy.... so, emails started to come out the day after NSERC got theirs. And then SSHRC's system crashed. So some people had their results right away, but others (I think about half of applicants overall) were trapped in results limbo for an additional week while they sorted out their tech issues. No timelines were provided. And then some of us waited out that entire extra week just to be rejected anyway (myself included lol). It was a 0/10 experience from me! 

Edited by chicha3maddy

3 minutes ago, chicha3maddy said:

Oh boy.... so, emails started to come out the day after NSERC got theirs. And then SSHRC's system crashed. So some people had their results right away, but others (I think about half of applicants overall) were trapped in results limbo for an additional week while they sorted out their tech issues. No timelines were provided. And then some of us waited out that entire extra week just to be rejected anyway (myself included lol). It was a 0/10 experience from me! 

Yikes, happy I didn’t end up applying last year. I mean their application site also crashed in the fall so I suppose we should prepare for the worst?…  Yeesh.