SSHRC CGS-D & Doctoral Fellowships 2024-2025

thejorts

Howdy all!

Putting some final touches on my application now that we're all waiting around for the system to start working again. Figured I'd start this thread early and see who else is in the same situation!

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Something super stressful is happening right now and I'm sort of panicking. I applied through my university this October, following the great crash we know about; everything was in order, all was well. On November 13, my university got back to me, stating their graduate studies committee recommended me for the grant and asking me to re-submit, officially, my application on the portal by November 26 (with added modifications if I wanted to). Well, guess what: today is November 26, the SSHRC servers are down, I've been trying to connect for hours and nothing will load, not even the instructions page on the regular SSHRC website. I wrote to my university and to the SSHRC signalling the issue, but I'm really scared nobody will be able to help me.

Has anyone had experience with server issues in the past? How lenient are they with that kind of stuff? It's also my first time ever attending a uni where they give you another opportunity to re-submit your app? Do you think the SSHRC will be more flexible because the November 26 date is arbitrarily fixed by my school, not so much by them?

• 2 weeks later...

I applied directly to the agency, it's 6 weeks after the deadline and I haven't received the email acknowledging receipt of my application. Anyone else in the same boat? Should I be worried? The date stamp on my account is quite a few hours after I actually submitted, and later than the 5pm EST deadline 😳😳 

Edited by JLMS

• 3 months later...

Yep!

12 hours ago, AB2222 said:

Is anyone here also waiting to hear back about Vanier (SSHRC)? The website says it will be announced in early April which is just around the corner :) 

I'm happy I dug around on last year's forum and found out I don't need to keep checking the application portal website 🫠 I got forwarded to national this year and this funding would be life changing. 

Waiting is killing me!!! Best of luck everyone. 

On 3/29/2024 at 1:32 PM, neverwinter22 said:

Any ideas if we will actually hear back in April this year? Last year it wasn't until like the 8th of May 😕

Ahhh I hope so - I can tell I'm losing it because seeing there's scheduled maintenance this weekend on the site made me excited lol

@lowbr98 I saw that you were posting in another thread that your application had disappeared from the SSHRC portal (it reads as "nothing to display" but then there is a menu above that says "select one of the following forms from the drop-down menu: applications, accepted invitations, final research reports."). This has also happened to me...  I'm assuming it's just a glitch on their end while they wait to send out decisions. I personally won't be calling until others start hearing back :) 

Just wanted to post here in case others were experiencing the same!

Once the applications are forwarded to the national competition they generally tend to disappear from the application portal. If I remember correctly, when results are released, we get an email to login to the sshrc extranet, which is different from the application portal. 

16 hours ago, neverwinter22 said:

Once the applications are forwarded to the national competition they generally tend to disappear from the application portal. If I remember correctly, when results are released, we get an email to login to the sshrc extranet, which is different from the application portal. 

Ah, I see! Thanks for the info. 

On 12/7/2023 at 10:33 AM, JLMS said:

I applied directly to the agency, it's 6 weeks after the deadline and I haven't received the email acknowledging receipt of my application. Anyone else in the same boat? Should I be worried? The date stamp on my account is quite a few hours after I actually submitted, and later than the 5pm EST deadline 😳😳 

I just joined this thread, but saw your post from way back. Hopefully you got your acknowledging receipt. I also applied directly and got my acknowledgement 12/21/23. 

I emailed asking for an estimate and was told, 

The results of the doctoral awards competition will be sent electronically via the SSHRC extranet. We anticipate that the results will be available by the end of April 2024.

You will receive an e-mail with more details in the coming weeks.

(The best part was I forgot I emailed, so when I woke up to an email from Z-Fellowships this morning I thought it was the notification 😭 I played myself)