SSHRC CGS-D & Doctoral Fellowships 2024-2025

thejorts

9 minutes ago, chicha3maddy said:

Has anyone reached out to SSHRC to ask about timeline? 

I was about to ask the same question...last year, results got out the next day after NSERC, and NSERC started rolling out yesterday...so hopefully SSHRC will start rolling out today or tonight! Mine got in at 2:30am last year...so it can be anytime lol

26 minutes ago, pugluvz said:

this is just so brutal at this point. an update from SSHRC would be nice to at least stop the constant refreshing lol

it's getting quite painful lol.

6 hours ago, chicha3maddy said:

Has anyone reached out to SSHRC to ask about timeline? 

I did on the 15th,
"The results of the doctoral awards competition will be sent electronically via the SSHRC extranet. We anticipate that the results will be available by the end of April 2024. You will receive an e-mail with more details in the coming weeks."

2 hours ago, sbee said:

To distract ourselves, what are you all studying? What do you love and not love about this wild phd adventure? If you want to share. 

I haven't started my phd yet but hope to study diasporic perspectives on environmentalism in the homeland:) what about y'all?

14 minutes ago, Shannon Lynn said:

Curious to know - do the emails trickle in slowly over time or do they send them out all at once? 

They trinkle in slowly. You can get an email at 2am and another candidate at 4pm tomorrow. There is absolutely no order lol. It sucks!

5 minutes ago, Val00198 said:

Have they increased the number of awards or just the amount of the awards? Does anyone know?

I believe it's still unclear if/how the proposed budget changes will impact this year... Hopefully the increased amounts start this year but nothing has been confirmed

1 hour ago, pugluvz said:

I believe it's still unclear if/how the proposed budget changes will impact this year... Hopefully the increased amounts start this year but nothing has been confirmed

The news article that I read said the increased amounts would begin in the 2024-2025 year. https://universityaffairs.ca/news/news-article/graduate-student-scholarships-to-increase-for-the-first-time-in-two-decades-in-research-heavy-federal-budget/#:~:text=For example%2C the SSHRC doctoral,organization through the same portal.

20 hours ago, espressomyself said:

When I received CGS-M, my supervisor notified me before I officially received news from SSHRC that I'd been successful. 

A professor in my department told me that departments know ahead of time for the CGS-M but cannot tell students. For the doctoral competition results, they find out when we tell them. 

Last year I found out at 5:30 PST. Going to a friends for dinner tonight and don't know if I should bring champagne or liquor!

9 minutes ago, HaileyGee said:

Are we thinking that were going to hear today? Or is this starting to look like a Monday morning email 🥲

Who knows, but here's hoping! I mean, given that there are still two working days in April next week, if the increase in the number of awards somehow applied to this cycle causing a last-minute scramble to re-visit results, and that people didn't hear until well enough into May two years ago.... We might all have to do our best to forget about it over the weekend. 

29 minutes ago, LeahH said:

Who knows, but here's hoping! I mean, given that there are still two working days in April next week, if the increase in the number of awards somehow applied to this cycle causing a last-minute scramble to re-visit results, and that people didn't hear until well enough into May two years ago.... We might all have to do our best to forget about it over the weekend. 

The thing is though, don’t they have rankings / scores for everyone? So it would have been just a matter of moving the cut off point.. ugh