SSHRC CGS-D & Doctoral Fellowships 2024-2025

thejorts

10 minutes ago, artyphd said:

How do you know what committee you are in?

Edit: I googled it, like a real researcher: https://www.sshrc-crsh.gc.ca/funding-financement/apply-demande/background-renseignements/doctoral_committees-comites_doctorat-eng.aspx

Committee 1!

lolol I was just gonna link this for you. congrats to everyone who is committee one celebrate the small victories

Had trouble again with the committee selection this year. I’m in philosophy, but doing AI ethics. But the group philosophy with the classical languages, religious studies, etc. So you’re not certain you’ll get reviewers with an idea of your topic. 

12 minutes ago, FutureAssyriologist said:

Does anyone want to take bets on what "this afternoon" or "tonight" even means.... UGH

Last year I was also in Committee 1, and I received my email at 5:45pm PST. Let us assume it is early evening at the soonest!

5 minutes ago, wintermute42 said:

Committee 1 here, too....I pitched leveraging science fiction in community-based writing workshops for STEM engagement and science literacy for my research. Fingers crossed!

This sounds awesome! How creative to propose sci-fi to help support folks learning science, and a perfect fit for community-based work*! 

(Edited because I realized you didn't specify participatory!)

Edited by chicha3maddy

16 minutes ago, chicha3maddy said:

This sounds awesome! How creative to propose sci-fi to help support folks learning science, and a perfect fit for community-based work*! 

(Edited because I realized you didn't specify participatory!)

I teach with continuing education programs and our public library, so it's a neat way to translate that into research...community-based education offers low-to-no barrier access, so it's a great way to reach people and especially youth!

Edited by wintermute42

1 minute ago, neverwinter22 said:

Last year my results (committee 3) weren't sent to me until 11pm and I've heard of results arriving at like 2am, so it may be a long night

I went to bed last night at 2:30 thinking results would be coming out soon...looks like I'm in for another long night (committee 4- wrong day to be doing research in education lol!)

5 minutes ago, thestressedone said:

Did not get FRQ this morning.

Was rejected for Vanier too (18 applicants away from getting it).

Quite anxious and part of the 5 committee so... may the stress of knowing if I go bankrupt being...

Got rejected from FRQ this morning too. I got 4th place and they only had 3 grants to give...it sucks. Hope this day turns around for us!

13 minutes ago, thestressedone said:

Did not get FRQ this morning.

Was rejected for Vanier too (18 applicants away from getting it).

Quite anxious and part of the 5 committee so... may the stress of knowing if I go bankrupt being...

If it makes you feel better I am in the same boat.  I am already working part-time as a waitress in a lounge on top of academic duties and I am so burnt out. 

Got rejected for FRQ this morning as well! Does anyone know if there is a waitlist for FRQ? As in, if people decline the award, it might go to the next in line? My friend who rejected FRQ last year said that there is, but I can't find any information online. 

14 minutes ago, Willy_Gilly said:

My grad department (Laurier) just sent me my result! So it's definitely on it's way soon!

Thank you for the update, fingers crossed you got good news?!! Do you mind sharing what committee you are in? Just curious if there is any pattern to how they are releasing the info to universities 

2 minutes ago, Gretta Conroy said:

SSHRC just sent an email saying they are releasing results alphabetically based on surname. A-K on April 30th, the rest on May 1st.

Queue all of us immediately hitting refresh on our email clients 😆

4 minutes ago, Gretta Conroy said:

SSHRC just sent an email saying they are releasing results alphabetically based on surname. A-K on April 30th, the rest on May 1st.

I'm sorry but this is just... so silly 😂 Can they not do the required work on the portal so half of applicants don't have to wait an extra day based on their names? 

11 minutes ago, pugluvz said:

Thank you for the update, fingers crossed you got good news?!! Do you mind sharing what committee you are in? Just curious if there is any pattern to how they are releasing the info to universities 

Committee 6! and it was a success 😊 first thing I did though was reply to the grad office asking how much claw back I can expect lol