SSHRC CGS-D & Doctoral Fellowships 2024-2025

thejorts

Why is it such a shit show?

Last year, my institution sent out emails to students saying they had received SSHRC funding only to find out, days later, THEY HAD NOT. I got one of those emails, but knew my application hadn’t even made it to the national competition so I ignored it. 

25 minutes ago, alamora98 said:

Always hard to determine what they mean by 'tonight'. Does that mean up until 11:59PM? Or going into the early hours of the 1st? So stressful!

Likely both, based on what folks in previous years have said! 

36 minutes ago, alamora98 said:

Always hard to determine what they mean by 'tonight'. Does that mean up until 11:59PM? Or going into the early hours of the 1st? So stressful!

Well, 11:59 PM Eastern is only 8:59 PM Pacific. So the messages coming out at 2 AM Eastern would be coming out at 11 PM Pacific.

For what it's worth I got the initial message from Z-Fellowships at 2.59 PM Eastern. Being Category 2, direct application, and surname beginning with D, maybe I'll be in the first batch. This is my first application, so it's a learning process for me.

Just now, phdpanicking said:

For those who applied last year/previously, when you log into extranet, does it say anything in there?

Nope... at least for now, it's empty. It says "There are no documents in this view" and that's it. 

2 hours ago, shsheen said:

I'm at the theology & religion department. Still waiting on the College!

It seems like with the increased funding next year, SSHRC awards would just about cover the tuition, so I'm really hoping that it goes well.

Oh awesome! My background is theology but I'm in the history faculty to do history of Christianity. Still waiting on the college is a pain! I just got mine a couple of weeks ago. It's Lincoln College and thankfully they have a bunch of scholarships, but require additional application forms ASAP. And yes the increased funding makes things almost spot on thankfully. 

31 minutes ago, phdpanicking said:

Just got an email!!! I got CGS-D. Crying crying crying. Last name A. Committee 4.

It's been a ride y'all.

Congratulations! Thanks for updating us. 

Does anyone know if we're automatically eligible for CGS if we applied for a doctoral fellowship, or is it a separate application? I find the whole process so confusing 😥

14 minutes ago, thestressedone said:

Interesting. This means if we get on the extranet it’s there? How do you get access to it? What’s the link to create an account 😂

no its not there for me