Application Thread Fall 2024

coy.ote

2 minutes ago, Immie said:

Any idea how this works for international students who can’t come for the visit?

I’m speaking about Duke specifically 

I don't have an answer for you, but I admit I'm kind of surprised to see someone saying they are going to an in person interview. It seems like most places have been inviting folks for zoom interviews (at least for the first round). 

49 minutes ago, Anxious Anon Applicant said:

I don't have an answer for you, but I admit I'm kind of surprised to see someone saying they are going to an in person interview. It seems like most places have been inviting folks for zoom interviews (at least for the first round). 

Duke invites people in person, but when they have international students they do a virtual thing also. Duke was my first choice T-T, so I'm very sad to not have been invited but it is what it is, just hope I get accepted somewhere. My friend last year was invited to go, but since she was international and didn't have a visa she couldn't go. So I know they did a virtual thing and she was accepted to the Ph.D.

Edited by cutiepie

I am also Latin American and Indigenous specialty. Applying to UBC, University of Colorado Boulder, Harvard and Boston University. Haven’t heard anything back yet. 5+ years work experience, 3+ publications. 

Edited by littlepalmtree

4 hours ago, wpefwldjsdj said:

Does Yale do interviews? Should I think of silence by now as a rejection? Also has anyone heard back from Columbia?

Yale does do interviews. I didn't apply there but my friend got in last year and she was interviewed by POI + one other person.

1 hour ago, sms1023 said:

Does Princeton do interviews? When I reached out to POI she said she only speaks with students who have been admitted. Anyone heard anything? 

Also wondering if they did interviews this cycle - I've heard they do them some years and other years they don't? I met with POI back in October and she said she would reach out to talk again if things went well application-wise. I haven't heard anything, though.

Hi everyone!! Has anyone heard anything from Tufts for MAs yet? I've already heard back from a few other programs that I applied to after Tufts, but I haven't heard anything from them. 

1 hour ago, edgewise said:

Hi everyone!! Has anyone heard anything from Tufts for MAs yet? I've already heard back from a few other programs that I applied to after Tufts, but I haven't heard anything from them. 

Years ago when I applied, they released their results around late February to early March (if I remember correctly).

3 hours ago, edgewise said:

which other programs have you already heard back from for MAs?

20 hours ago, edgewise said:

Tufts has only just begun reviewing the applications. Decisions should be released around early March.  

12 hours ago, academic-validation said:

Harvard is wrapping up decisions, was rejected, told “fewer spots than usual” — if that’s helpful.

Did you reach out to poi to get this info? Or were you informed via portal?