Application Thread Fall 2024

coy.ote

6 hours ago, fongduee said:

Do you know if they do a formal rejection email?? I am waiting for a decision on the Comp. Lit. program, but there is none 😭 I am so sad probably gone be rejected since they have not contacted me yet. BUT CONGRATSSS 🥳!! I'm sending positive energy for your application to HAVC!!!!!

I can't say if they do a formal rejection email, but I will say it was only today that I got my "official" portal update acceptance letter and financial aid award, even though I was notified in late January. There could def be a waitlist / rounds??? Good luck!!!

24 minutes ago, groovysquirrel said:

I can't say if they do a formal rejection email, but I will say it was only today that I got my "official" portal update acceptance letter and financial aid award, even though I was notified in late January. There could def be a waitlist / rounds??? Good luck!!!

Yeah, I think there is definitely a waitlist going on. I just checked the portal and see no update, hopefully, it will be my turn soon!! thank you!

2 hours ago, celestialpossum said:

Congrats to the person that posted their Princeton acceptance! I'm wondering if anyone else has heard anything, since it's only the one result on the board? 

wait, where did you see the Princeton acceptance? I'm still waiting to hear back and haven't seen anyone yet post anything about Princeton, but I could have missed it 

14 minutes ago, Cyrus_ said:

wait, where did you see the Princeton acceptance? I'm still waiting to hear back and haven't seen anyone yet post anything about Princeton, but I could have missed it 

Someone posted that they got accepted via email from the DGS on February 20

Hey everyone, that was me who posted about Princeton. I'm still waiting for the official update in the portal with the formal offer. Maybe they are sending out acceptances in batches?

Hey everyone! I just had an interview and unfortunately am feeling a little bad about it. I interviewed with multiple professors and they asked me generic questions as if they hadn't read my application at all--is this normal/typical? I was expecting something more personal I guess.

1 hour ago, coy.ote said:

Hey everyone! I just had an interview and unfortunately am feeling a little bad about it. I interviewed with multiple professors and they asked me generic questions as if they hadn't read my application at all--is this normal/typical? I was expecting something more personal I guess.

I would say this is pretty normal. I am sure you did way better than you think!!! Grad school interviews are weird...you essentially just repeat your statement. They really care more about hearing you talk up the school/professors there than they care about anything personal to you. It's rather strange but pretty standard so I wouldn't stress about it. 

3 hours ago, daisy524 said:

I would say this is pretty normal. I am sure you did way better than you think!!! Grad school interviews are weird...you essentially just repeat your statement. They really care more about hearing you talk up the school/professors there than they care about anything personal to you. It's rather strange but pretty standard so I wouldn't stress about it. 

Thanks for the reassurance! Someone currently in grad school who I know told me that some programs might hold interviews just to make sure you actually wrote your statement yourself, or to make sure you have a pleasant personality before they admit you, not necessarily to get new info from you. So knowing that, and that this is pretty normal, makes me feel better about it :)

On 2/23/2024 at 3:37 PM, coy.ote said:

I agree with other user that you probably did a lot better than you think! Congrats on getting through your interview and don't stress about it. I had two interviews so far and both asked me very generic questions, especially asking about my research interests so I think your experience was nothing too out of the ordinary. Hope you hear back soon! 

9 hours ago, wpefwldjsdj said:

Has anyone hear from NYU IFA and Columbia? Seems like someone heard back according to the board, but I did not receive any emails. 

I know Columbia sent out their acceptances two weeks ago. Still nothing from the IFA, I have a lot of friends who applied there too and they have also heard nothing. 

3 hours ago, daisy524 said:

I know Columbia sent out their acceptances two weeks ago. Still nothing from the IFA, I have a lot of friends who applied there too and they have also heard nothing. 

Thanks for the update. I guess official rejections have not been sent out yet for Columbia… Is it unusual for IFA to send out acceptances this late? Someone posted they got accepted to IFA’s PhD on the board though. 

19 hours ago, wpefwldjsdj said:

Thanks for the update. I guess official rejections have not been sent out yet for Columbia… Is it unusual for IFA to send out acceptances this late? Someone posted they got accepted to IFA’s PhD on the board though. 

Well... just got the Columbia rejection. They said they sent my application for the master but already advised of the no funding situation for the M.A. Really hoping for the Penn State MA to work out for me now...

Out of 12 applications, I think it's pretty much this or the waitlist for the PhD at Rice for me...

Kind of already expecting a rejection for the others 🫠

This is to say, if anyone receives news about the MA at Penn State please post it so I can manage my expectations thanks 🙃

Edited by cutiepie

6 hours ago, jaqson said:

Still waiting on UPenn! Has anyone heard from the department?

It was implied to me that they have sent out all PhD offers and are finalizing MA offers. They will not send out official rejections until March 11 or later... It's sad cus I interviewed with them and was really excited about going ;C

42 minutes ago, swiperthefox said:

Has anyone heard anything from Tulane? 

Nothing! They said results usually come out about 4 weeks after the deadline but it's been much longer, not sure what the deal with that is.

6 hours ago, aurelienne said:

It was implied to me that they have sent out all PhD offers and are finalizing MA offers. They will not send out official rejections until March 11 or later... It's sad cus I interviewed with them and was really excited about going ;C

Oh, I interviewed with Weitzman School about 2 weeks ago and it seems we had a really good talk. But I haven't received any message yet? Does anyone receive offer from Weitzman School of upenn?

40 minutes ago, taetaemommy said:

Oh, I interviewed with Weitzman School about 2 weeks ago and it seems we had a really good talk. But I haven't received any message yet? Does anyone receive offer from Weitzman School of upenn?

I am only referring to the History of Art department. I am unsure of anything about the School of Design.