Application Thread Fall 2024

coy.ote

4 hours ago, gomujanggab said:

I haven't heard anything either from Williams, but at the same time I haven't heard too many people say that they were accepted into the program following the interview. I think keep your fingers crossed! I was hoping that a few more results would come back today since it's Friday and nearing the third week of March, but I guess not. 

Good point--thanks for the encouragement!

4 hours ago, coy.ote said:

Yea I agree with gomujanggab! Their admissions are on a rolling basis so they might continue to do interviews throughout this month. Looking through the results board, I've seen people get acceptances from Williams as late as April so don't assume you're rejected just yet.

Fingers crossed!

19 hours ago, vaneyckstan said:

Good point--thanks for the encouragement!

Fingers crossed!

I interviewed with Williams recently, and was told that the process is indeed rolling, as many of the initial batch they give offers to end up also being accepted to PhD programs and turning down the Williams offers. Also, if you're sure you want to do premodern only then you might want to consider how much you might be able to get out of the program. I was given the impression that their faculty composition right now is heavily leaning towards the modern/contemporary areas. 

As for UPenn, I was informally accepted this week for the MA over a call with my poi, after being rejected from the PhD. If you applied for the MA only you should probably expect a decision soon. 

6 hours ago, asruk said:

I emailed the DGS at Boston University, and he said results should be sent in the next two weeks (really late given the April 15 deadline for most programs imo) 

For MA in history of art and architecture? 

11 hours ago, wpefwldjsdj said:

Anyone hear back from MA at Columbia? 

Nope still waiting. I checked the results boards from last year and their results came out like March 30th...so more on the late side, unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, asruk said:

Yes! 

!! That’s great news (I hope!). I’ve been beginning to loose hope from not hearing so late in the month but maybe they’re being slow with releasing rounds/decisions this year. Who knows but best of luck to you! 

Finally got my rejection from Tufts, was fully expecting it lol. I wish they had sent it sooner. Not gonna lie at this point I'm also expecting rejections from Williams and CU Boulder... I interviewed with Boulder almost a month ago now and haven't heard anything even though they told me they'd send out decisions "soon."

24 minutes ago, vaneyckstan said:

Just got my rejection from CU Boulder and UPenn, I had to email UPenn to get the rejection

Did you have to email CU Boulder too? I've been considering shooting them an email but wasn't sure if that's appropriate or not >_<

2 minutes ago, coy.ote said:

Did you have to email CU Boulder too? I've been considering shooting them an email but wasn't sure if that's appropriate or not >_<

I did end up emailing! They never emailed me back, but sent an automated email the next day telling me to check my portal

Anyone heard from BU? expecting rejection but also saw someone was rejected over 10 days ago. Wonder why they're being so slow with releasing decisions. At this point I just want to know :')

Got waitlisted at CU Boulder--I had to email for them to tell me! If anyone got in and isn't going to attend pleaseee let them know ASAP.

On 3/26/2024 at 12:01 PM, FGE said:

Anyone heard from BU? expecting rejection but also saw someone was rejected over 10 days ago. Wonder why they're being so slow with releasing decisions. At this point I just want to know :')

I received an acceptance from BU’s History of Art & Architecture MA about 2 weeks ago, but I applied to the PhD and was waitlisted, so I assume that’s why I was notified earlier. I wouldn’t lose hope since it seems like others are still waiting on BU! It’s frustrating that they haven’t let everyone know yet though 😕

Has anyone heard from UMass Yet? I still haven't gotten any updates from them but I know some people got responses. I also contacted the program coordinator with Williams College and she said that decisions are starting to roll out now and will continue to do so up until the April 15th deadline. Hopefully, the news comes sooner rather than later, I have a program I want to give a response to but it would be nice to evaluate other possible offers as well. 

5 hours ago, purplegoggles said:

hi everyone, I am popping back in to ask if anybody has heard back from University of Maryland? it has been radio silence and wondering if anybody knew anything??

I emailed them and they told me I was waitlisted basically, that the professor I chose had already picked her candidates and was waiting to see if they would accept or not so...

16 hours ago, cutiepie said:

I emailed them and they told me I was waitlisted basically, that the professor I chose had already picked her candidates and was waiting to see if they would accept or not so...

yeah I called them yesterday to see and they said the grad coordinator is checking on it but who knows at this point

Update! Rejected from Williams, so now I am really narrowing things down to the wire and basically am looking at Yale (MA Archaeology), Cornell (MA Archaeology), University of Florida (MA Art History), NYU IFA (MA Art History and University of Illinois-Chicago (MA Art History). 

Does anyone have any knowledge on UF or UIC's programs? I don't want to feel like a fake student at Yale even though it's a legit degree program!

16 hours ago, gomujanggab said:

Has anyone else not heard back from Williams yet? 

I haven't! Not sure if they're sending out rejections bit by bit, or if we're possibly on the waitlist.