Application Thread Fall 2024

coy.ote

On 2/3/2024 at 1:00 AM, Crytheyby said:

Any UCSB or UCSC applicants out there? Has anyone heard anything?

Applied to HAVC at UCSC and still waiting to hear back. Super nervous as I think it might be my top choice, but I haven't heard anything from them since I applied in November. I was accepted at UCSB, but for Comp. Lit :)

5 hours ago, groovysquirrel said:

Applied to HAVC at UCSC and still waiting to hear back. Super nervous as I think it might be my top choice, but I haven't heard anything from them since I applied in November. I was accepted at UCSB, but for Comp. Lit :)

Hey, glad to see there's someone else in the universe clocking this program. So sick. Congrats on UCSB. I considered their comp lit program, but stuck it out with HoAA after much internal debate. The Comp Lit faculty lineup is siiiiick! Hopefully, we hear something from UCSC. 

On 2/2/2024 at 7:00 PM, Crytheyby said:

Any UCSB or UCSC applicants out there? Has anyone heard anything?

Just received an email from DGS saying my application is recommended for admission with a potential in-person visit in March. Had an informal zoom meeting with poi back in October. 

23 minutes ago, ltmltmltm said:

Just received an email from DGS saying my application is recommended for admission with a potential in-person visit in March. Had an informal zoom meeting with poi back in October. 

Congrats! That's super exciting! If you feel comfortable, could you drop the initials of poi?

Has anyone heard from Penn? Seems like at least one offer might have been sent based on the admissions board (congrats!!). Wondering if there were other official or unofficial email notifications?

2 hours ago, jaqson said:

Has anyone heard from Penn? Seems like at least one offer might have been sent based on the admissions board (congrats!!). Wondering if there were other official or unofficial email notifications?

Interviewed with them two weeks ago..was told that decisions should come out this week or the next. Anxious waiting continues..  I wonder if they send out acceptances bit by bit or all at once. 

2 hours ago, gomujanggab said:

Just received an email to interview for Courtauld MA. Anyone else! 

Congratulations! Did you apply for a specific option course? I just got a general email today saying that they’re processing my application & will get back to us by mid-March at the latest. Hopefully the results will start coming out soon!

4 hours ago, orangecats said:

Congratulations! Did you apply for a specific option course? I just got a general email today saying that they’re processing my application & will get back to us by mid-March at the latest. Hopefully the results will start coming out soon!

Thanks so much! I applied to just one special options course because it was the only one I wanted to apply for and the professor who is leading the course emailed me asking for an interview. Did you choose the general option? 

8 hours ago, siapoesia said:

I just saw a rejection from Brown University on the results board, but I didn't receive any updates through email/portal. Do you mind sharing from where you received that? Good luck with the other schools!

You should be cautious on GC - people have submitted false results before in the past to mess with others' anxiety and stress. I would say the best option right now is to just stay patient and wait for email/portal notifications...

Alternatively, you could also try contacting the departmental staff member (not faculty) responsible for the graduate program and ask them for progress updates (I would advise against contacting your poi or other faculty this early since it might be seen as rude or pushy). 

5 hours ago, purplegoggles said:

hi everyone! has anyone heard from university of maryland? I saw someone on the regular posting got in in january. 

No, no emails here, ghosted. 

Anyone else interviewed at Emory and would like to talk about it? They said they would get back at late January but so far nothing... if you would like to talk, send me a dm or we can talk here. 

Hello, all applicants! My name is Saurabh, and I'm originally from India. I only applied to one university, the University of Rochester, for Physics and Astronomy. Did anyone else also apply there? If so, please let me know if you have received any notification yet or not.

6 hours ago, Infinity203 said:

Hello, all applicants! My name is Saurabh, and I'm originally from India. I only applied to one university, the University of Rochester, for Physics and Astronomy. Did anyone else also apply there? If so, please let me know if you have received any notification yet or not.

This is the thread for art history! There's a physics forum where you can ask instead :) https://forum.thegradcafe.com/forum/30-physics-forum/

On 2/10/2024 at 2:07 AM, blanketriver said:

Congrats to the Yale poster! Can I ask if anyone else has received results? Wondering if they stagger them at all...

I'm tempted to think they do. I called and the dept. admin. told me that the "process is still continuing....."

For the person that posted who was accepted at Rice, congratulations! May I ask, is it your first choice? Are you waiting on other results? I'm asking because I'm also international and I'm on the waitlist and Rice is my first choice, so I am just wondering my chances of being accepted off the waitlist. 

Edited by cutiepie