2023-2024 Application Thread

Theory007

1 hour ago, m82a said:

Has anybody here gotten accepted in Political Economy for Duke? I'm noticing no rejections have been posted, but very curious if decisions have been made.

Applied for political institutions and haven't heard anything yet

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has been admitted to UCSD but has other favorable offers.
Currently, I'm struggling between Northwestern and UNC offers, while I have recently been waitlisted by UCSD. I won't hesitate to go to UCSD if I'm fortunate enough to be admitted.
I checked the result pages in the past few years but have no clue about the chances of being admitted from the waitlist.

Thanks! And my subfield is IR.

6 hours ago, aroselin said:

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has been admitted to UCSD but has other favorable offers.
Currently, I'm struggling between Northwestern and UNC offers, while I have recently been waitlisted by UCSD. I won't hesitate to go to UCSD if I'm fortunate enough to be admitted.
I checked the result pages in the past few years but have no clue about the chances of being admitted from the waitlist.

Sorry a bit unrelated to your post: do you mind sharing the funding package of NWU and UNC? or DM me?

Wish you got into UCSD soon!

8 hours ago, aroselin said:

Hi everyone,

Hi hi! I yielded my place at UCSD last week (following the call from the dgs for letting the department know asap so waitlisted students can get a chance) and hope you the best of luck!! (I am also in IR)

8 hours ago, goodbears2024 said:

Hi hi! I yielded my place at UCSD last week (following the call from the dgs for letting the department know asap so waitlisted students can get a chance) and hope you the best of luck!! (I am also in IR)

Hello! Many thanks for your info and for yielding!!!

It seems like there is hope!! Best of luck on your end as well.

29 minutes ago, Anonymous39 said:

Do we think today (Monday) will bring any new results, given that it’s Presidents’ Day?

I think it depends on the departments or universities. I randomly checked the academic calendar of UPenn and it doesn't specify "no classes" or "holiday," But some universities don't hold classes (e.g. Stanford, UCSD).

9 hours ago, Anonymous39 said:

Do we think today (Monday) will bring any new results, given that it’s Presidents’ Day?

I got an unofficial acceptance today from a professor, so it is possible. 

I got an unofficial acceptance to FSU today, full funding as well.

I was quite stunned because I kept getting rejection after rejection (6 to be exact). I was starting to lose hope in this application season. I am happy though since this is the first of three acceptances to offer funding (waitlisted on one and haven't said on another). 

3A: FSU, UF, UTDallas

6D: UGA, ASU, USF, TAMU, UO, and UWMadison

5P: UNC, UA, UCincin, MSU, UConn

4 hours ago, JPYSD said:

Anyone claiming the Yale rejection from Friday? And do we know if they sent all acceptances out already? Seems maybe to be POI-specific this time?

I just received my acceptance today! Emails from professors, not an official offer yet. So it seems there may be more to come. Best of luck!