2023-2024 Application Thread

Theory007

10 minutes ago, amp2324 said:

Well good luck to you!!! I tend to err on the side of caution and assume i'll have to wait longer- that way I can be pleasantly surprised if I hear back sooner lol

Haha thank you!! That's probably a good call. I'm gonna go outside for a bit...Good luck to you as well!

8 minutes ago, Sigma99 said:

Anyone here with CP offer from Georgetown planning to decline? Have been waitlisted, just trying to check my chances! Appreciate if anyone who has received an offer could share...Thanks!

Same question here but for IR

18 hours ago, Palmier said:

Hi, I see many rejections from Columbia on gradcafe. But I still don't get any email (rejection/ waitlist). Does anyone know what this means Thank you!

One possibility: did you opt in to be considered for the MA option when you applied? I think there were a couple people who experienced this last year as well and seems like the delay was bc they were considered for MA. 

(maybe you can find some information at the forum for last year's apps?)

18 minutes ago, Ytc1212 said:

One possibility: did you opt in to be considered for the MA option when you applied? I think there were a couple people who experienced this last year as well and seems like the delay was bc they were considered for MA. 

(maybe you can find some information at the forum for last year's apps?)

Thank you. Yes, there was an option for second choice-MA when filling the application. But I didn't choose because there were some material problems. I agree with you that they may transfer me to MA even though I did't choose it.

2 hours ago, Sigma99 said:

Anyone here with CP offer from Georgetown planning to decline? Have been waitlisted, just trying to check my chances! Appreciate if anyone who has received an offer could share...Thanks!

I have an offer, unlikely that I'll decline. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but hope this info is helpful for you 

3 hours ago, platosman said:

Out of the Past 5 years Cornell has released on 2/14 twice, 2/16 twice, and 2/22 once, which was the 4th Monday of Feb if I recall right. So, I'm expecting odds are today or Friday ~80% and if not its gotta be Monday. Top choice for me if you couldn't tell lol

I was also expecting it today (I try to only check the GradCafe results page once at the beginning of the day EST for my sanity so my apologies if they've already been released and I haven't seen yet). Hoping to see them this week, unsure if next Monday being a federal holiday will effect the timings here though. Good luck!!

10 minutes ago, OrlandHistorian said:

Is anyone claiming Notre Dame acceptance? I find it bizarre that only one person seems to have claimed acceptance on here when I know several individuals who have applied, including myself with no results. 

I know of one person who was waitlisted and received an email from a POI. He is IR if that helps. I’m still holding out hope though. It’s also bizarre to me that OSU hasn’t released rejections after that initial wave of acceptances.

29 minutes ago, Greg_app said:

When do we think Yale decisions will be released?

I have also been expecting it since Friday last week. Although they released their decisions on the 10th last year, their schedule seems to be different every time and usually hints to the last two weeks of February, so most likely next week...

Edited by JPYSD

1 hour ago, Ir2024 said:

I know of one person who was waitlisted and received an email from a POI. He is IR if that helps. I’m still holding out hope though. It’s also bizarre to me that OSU hasn’t released rejections after that initial wave of acceptances.

I’m also waiting. Today I read their applications page; and it says that the decisions will be made late February. 

9 minutes ago, london_boy said:

I got a Berkeley rejection, congrats to all those admitted! Was expected.

Same, I just now got the email. I'm very disappointed because it was my dream program, but it is not totally unexpected this late into the month. 😭