foodie24

19 hours ago, BamaorBust said:

Did anyone reach out to current students? Or professors before applying? I read mixed reviews on whether or not that was a good idea to do. 

I did for MSU, met with the professor i wanna do research with and a few of her students in person/online; i didn't for case western

On 2/4/2024 at 3:41 AM, Josh987 said:

Does anyone know when offers will be released for the PhD programs at U Penn and Columbia?

Thanks 🙂

I'm also waiting on a Columbia decision! They released on Feb 16th last year, so if the timeline is the same we should hear next week. I had thought they did interviews, but I haven't heard anything yet... 

Does anyone know if Columbia and Pittsburgh have had interview sessions in the past? If there was I guess I should have gotten a rejection since I haven't heard anything......

3 minutes ago, Eve77 said:

Does anyone know if Columbia and Pittsburgh have had interview sessions in the past? If there was I guess I should have gotten a rejection since I haven't heard anything......

I applied to Pittsburg and haven't heard anything yet....I guess they've not had their interviews

On 2/4/2024 at 4:41 PM, Josh987 said:

Does anyone know when offers will be released for the PhD programs at U Penn and Columbia?

Thanks 🙂

Did you mean the social welfare one for UPenn? I saw 2 rej posted already

2 hours ago, wanderlust__18 said:

Hi all! I am excited for all of us!! I applied to 4 schools: UC Berkeley, UCLA, U of Washington, and NYU. I was offered interviews with UCLA and UW. I haven't heard anything from the others. Wishing all of us luck!!!

I had my interview with UW this morning. Had 7 people in there!! The director told me they should be making final decisions by end of next week. 

38 minutes ago, Phdvibez said:

I had my interview with UW this morning. Had 7 people in there!! The director told me they should be making final decisions by end of next week. 

I had mine this morning too!! There were 8 people in mine. So many lol! I am hoping for the best for us. :) We will know soon!

6 hours ago, Allegra98 said:

Did you mean the social welfare one for UPenn? I saw 2 rej posted already

Yes I do, oh ok, if I haven’t heard anything is that good then? I remember they said there’s no interviews. 

On 1/26/2024 at 10:23 AM, iglevitt said:

Glad to finally track down this thread. I've been soooo nervous, I applied to ten different places and god willing I'll get into one!
I applied to Wayne State, Michigan State, Loyola, Rutgers, University of Pittsburgh, UC Berkeley, University of Wisconsin - Madison, Indiana University - Bloomington, Ohio State University, and Maryland University. Got a rejection from Maryland but have not heard from anyone else.
Good luck everyone! We can be anxious together!

Have you hear from Berkeley yet?

2 hours ago, Phdvibez said:

I have not. I’ve heard from three schools. Waitlisted at Michigan State, rejected from University of Maryland and University of Pittsburgh. Everything else is still up in the air! 

4 hours ago, Phdvibez said:

I take my initial statement back. Got an email to check my portal just a few minutes ago, received a rejection letter.

19 minutes ago, iglevitt said:

I take my initial statement back. Got an email to check my portal just a few minutes ago, received a rejection letter.

sorry i hope you hear good news from MU. I swear applying to phd programs has been a rollercoaster.   

sending you good vibes

3 minutes ago, Phdvibez said:

I just got my rejection letter as well ☹️

So sad to hear this, wishing you luck with the rest of your applications! It's been a tough week so far with hearing back.

44 minutes ago, SilentCipher24 said:

sorry i hope you hear good news from MU. I swear applying to phd programs has been a rollercoaster.   

sending you good vibes

Thank you so much! It's been an emotional rollercoaster of a week with starting to hear back. Kind of wishing I hadn't asked the universe to start giving me my answers, haha! the hits seem to keep coming, but I have six more schools to hear back from.

On 1/17/2024 at 7:53 AM, foodie24 said:

Any news from schools yet? I was notified last week I'm a finalist for Wash U, and have an interview tomorrow. Still waiting to hear from the other 5 programs! U Chicago said they would send decisions in mid-Feb (they don't do interviews), but not sure about the other places I applied! 

Question: From where did you hear that UChicago does not do interviews?