UNC-CH

holler

I just got an offer of admission from UNC-Chapel Hill. I'm doing European History, specifically British. It stated that they are nominating nine students for fellowships. I'm not sure if more than that are being admitted with a different package. Anyone else hear back?

I just got an offer of admission from UNC-Chapel Hill. I'm doing European History, specifically British. It stated that they are nominating nine students for fellowships. I'm not sure if more than that are being admitted with a different package. Anyone else hear back?

Congratulations! How did you hear? Website?

Congratulations! You should give us more details!

Congrats! I applied to UNC also, modern European history too, but with a focus on France. It was my earliest deadline, so hopefully I'll hear from them soon. Did you hear back by email, site update, letter or call?

Hey all! Thanks for the congratulations. I got an email yesterday with an offer of admission. I had actually gotten an email about a week ago from an advisor asking if I had any questions, so I had my fingers crossed for a quick response. It sounds like they've admitted nine people so far. I think they were aiming for a class of about fifteen, so hopefully that was just the first bunch. Good luck to everybody!

Hey all! Thanks for the congratulations. I got an email yesterday with an offer of admission. I had actually gotten an email about a week ago from an advisor asking if I had any questions, so I had my fingers crossed for a quick response. It sounds like they've admitted nine people so far. I think they were aiming for a class of about fifteen, so hopefully that was just the first bunch. Good luck to everybody!

I'm just hoping for at least one wait-list at this point.

they've already admitted 9? oh my god. i'm finished.

damn that just hit hard.

Don't feel bad! They're going to admit more than 15 in the end because of course some people will accept elsewhere. Also, you could be just the last one they get to! :)

Plus, you really do have a lot of options with all the schools to which you have applied. Don't worry!

• 3 weeks later...

Someone else has heard from here, I see. Anyone want to speak up?

That's me. I heard from them around the 25th of January, the formal offer came a few days later. Funding offer came in about a week ago.

From what my PAs told me, they admitted people early to send them up for university fellowships. I suppose that means that final decision have yet to be made.

Hey I just got accepted yesterday February 24th to UNC's Ph.D. program in military history. They said that they are admitting an entering class of 18-20.

Wow, I had pretty much given up hope. Still not hopeful, but still..

Hey I just got accepted yesterday February 24th to UNC's Ph.D. program in military history. They said that they are admitting an entering class of 18-20.

Congrats Vera. Was it a personal email from one of the faculty or a form email to check the website or.....? The website doesn't seem to be working for me right now.

What is your field within military history? I'll be doing the same thing and am waiting to hear from UNC so I can choose between there or Ohio State (who I already heard from)

Congrats Vera. Was it a personal email from one of the faculty or a form email to check the website or.....? The website doesn't seem to be working for me right now.

What is your field within military history? I'll be doing the same thing and am waiting to hear from UNC so I can choose between there or Ohio State (who I already heard from)

It was an email sent out by the Director of Graduate Studies and copied to my advisor. There was no link to check the website. They included a preliminary financial offer in the letter but said that they were working on additional funding for me that will be available soonish? At UNC, I will be doing comparative work between women in the Chinese military (1932-1949) and women in the US military (1942-1945). The subject is a bit hazy right now since I did my undergraduate work on American women in the US Military but they really want me to use my Chinese language skill so I tacked on the Chinese military to be safe.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming rejection at this point though there may be a few wait-listers tossed in.

right. I feel fairly certain that my rejection is on its way as well.