NSERC PGS D / CGS D / CGS M 2024-2024

RickyZ

7 minutes ago, liddibee said:

I replied to this earlier with a link to my application, but its been held in review, maybe it will come through maybe it won't 😅 but summary: 

I am in my 2nd year of my PhD, I had applied a couple years ago before officially starting it and didn't make it past internal rounds. At the point of submitting this application, I didn't have any "official" publications, but had one in review. But I definitely have a lot of experience in the "other" categories. As hard as I find it to write about myself, I put a lot of work into my statements to really boast those as much as possible. 

I was genuinely shocked when I got the email, based on my lack of publications I felt it was really 50/50 as to whether I'd get one. So there is definitely hope if your CV isn't publication heavy!!! 

apologies if this becomes a duplicate if/when the other gets approved. 

Congrats, that’s amazing! Hopefully you can get the official email from NSERC soon!

I was debating if I switch to a master's instead of doing a PhD (just about to finish my 2nd year of PhD). I told myself if I got nserc I'd stick with PhD. It seems that academia is rejecting me, so I reject it as well. Honestly I didn't like the culture anyway.

For those that have gotten the official email, did you also get the automated email saying results were coming out soon? I haven't received anything yet.

3 minutes ago, Alicia17 said:

For those that have gotten the official email, did you also get the automated email saying results were coming out soon? I haven't received anything yet.

Yes I did receive the automated email first

4 minutes ago, Alicia17 said:

They usually come out over several hours, just be patient and don’t worry, but make sure you’re checking the right email. 

4 minutes ago, fridgezipper said:

They usually come out over several hours, just be patient and don’t worry, but make sure you’re checking the right email. 

Haha literally once I sent that post, I got the official email from NSERC

Arrrgh, haven't received the official one from NSERC yet. Can't wait to get it so I can move on and stop refreshing every 15 mins hahaha

5 minutes ago, hexane said:

Arrrgh, haven't received the official one from NSERC yet. Can't wait to get it so I can move on and stop refreshing every 15 mins hahaha

I got the auto email after I got the official email. I think it is pretty random. Best of luck!

1 minute ago, Alicia17 said:

I got the auto email after I got the official email. I think it is pretty random. Best of luck!

Just received the automated! You're right, it's very random. I think it makes it even more stressful ! Best of luck to you as well! 

4 minutes ago, hexane said:

Just received the automated! You're right, it's very random. I think it makes it even more stressful ! Best of luck to you as well! 

Thank you! I was awarded CGS-D! 

Does anyone know the difference between being put on the waitlist and being flat out rejected? Do the rejection letters differ? I don’t think I was put on the wait list but I just wanted to make sure it to see if it was worth checking periodically or not. 

Just now, Beachybeach said:

Does anyone know the difference between being put on the waitlist and being flat out rejected? Do the rejection letters differ? I don’t think I was put on the wait list but I just wanted to make sure it to see if it was worth checking periodically or not. 

If an award becomes available, waitlisted people can be offered them. I don't know what the odds are like though!