Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
32 minutes ago, SLPgirly said:

Wishing you all the best! Did you receive an email, or did the portal update?

Thank you!! I received an email and I know some others on the discord did as well. Maybe 3-4 more ppl I would say.

Posted
13 hours ago, nki1124 said:

I received one today!

Congrats!! Will you be accepting? Are you OOP or in-province?

Posted
4 hours ago, CaitlinSLP said:

Congrats!! Will you be accepting? Are you OOP or in-province?

I’m from BC and I accepted! Unless I get off the waitlist at McGill I’ll be going to u of A.

Posted
On 4/13/2026 at 9:47 AM, CanadianSLPHopeful said:

Anyway, I've started to mentally anticipate not getting off the Western waitlist although I've reached out to ask what chunk I'm on... 

Has anyone here taken Athabasca PSYC 302 as a prereq to qualify for UofA? How was it? I've heard it's quite hard! I want to expand my pool of possible places to apply to next cycle but am scared I could mess up my GPA! I am doing very well in BIOL230 (exam next week) and it's likely to boost my GPA but I'm afraid PSYC 302 will not be so "formulaic" to do well in.

Also: any alternative recs for online courses to meet UofA's neuroanatomy requirement?

I took Psych 302! I didn't find it too difficult, although I did take 9 months to do it as I am a master procastinator (definitely can be done in much shorter time if you're more disciplined). It had relatively easy (i.e. open book) quizzes that helped bump up the grade (not worth much individually), a 3000 word essay (which if you're comfortable with writing, citations, and reading research papers, can be quite manageable), and the final exam. I believe the exam and the essay were worth the same overall weighting. I got just over 70% on my final, but that was only with about 48 hours of studying beforehand, so I believe a higher percentage should be easily achieved. There are plenty of study resources available for it online, such as quizlet flashcards. 

The essay was the biggest challenge for me, however I did receive a good grade for it (90%). They strongly recommend drawing from the suggested essay subjects, and they give some basic sources for each one that you can start off with. I found my TA to be easily accessible by email. Be aware, there was one quiz where they had an incorrect answer, and I had to email the TA to have the grade adjusted appropriately - if you think something was funky with a quiz, just ask them!

Just be aware, I've found that other places may not accept this course as neuroanatomy or anatomy, especially as Athabasca markets it as Biological Psychology. It is very focused on anatomy and biological processes. 

Posted
On 5/2/2026 at 8:31 PM, Rackler said:

I took Psych 302! I didn't find it too difficult, although I did take 9 months to do it as I am a master procastinator (definitely can be done in much shorter time if you're more disciplined). It had relatively easy (i.e. open book) quizzes that helped bump up the grade (not worth much individually), a 3000 word essay (which if you're comfortable with writing, citations, and reading research papers, can be quite manageable), and the final exam. I believe the exam and the essay were worth the same overall weighting. I got just over 70% on my final, but that was only with about 48 hours of studying beforehand, so I believe a higher percentage should be easily achieved. There are plenty of study resources available for it online, such as quizlet flashcards. 

The essay was the biggest challenge for me, however I did receive a good grade for it (90%). They strongly recommend drawing from the suggested essay subjects, and they give some basic sources for each one that you can start off with. I found my TA to be easily accessible by email. Be aware, there was one quiz where they had an incorrect answer, and I had to email the TA to have the grade adjusted appropriately - if you think something was funky with a quiz, just ask them!

Just be aware, I've found that other places may not accept this course as neuroanatomy or anatomy, especially as Athabasca markets it as Biological Psychology. It is very focused on anatomy and biological processes. 

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your experience!! What was your final mark in the course, if you don't mind my asking? I'm wondering if I should invest the little spare time I have into taking this course so I can qualify for UofA next cycle, or into some GPA boosters (my ORPAS subGPA was 3.92, & I've since completed the full-year course BIOL230 with a mark of A+).

Posted

Anymore waitlist movement? I feel like this year has been so quiet compared to past years...

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 5/12/2026 at 11:46 AM, CaitlinSLP said:

Anymore waitlist movement? I feel like this year has been so quiet compared to past years...

I’m feeling the same, lost 😵‍💫

Posted

Anyone here who got into University of Ottawa's Audiology program? Anyone here who is a 1st/2nd year in the program? Can you give information of what the schedule is like? Anything to prepare in the summer to be ready?

Posted

hi everyone! is anyone looking for roommates at dal? i’m a 23 year old girl starting in slp in the fall. feel free to message me if you are (or just to connect)! :) 

  • 1 month later...
Posted

Hi! I heard UofA sent out rejections to some waitlisted people as well in June and was wondering if anyone knew why? Is this normal / has the waitlist shortened drastically to a more realistic number?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use