Duke English (not a result!)

Nothing! I'm basically crawling out of my skin at this point. Someone got an invitation to the visiting weekend from the Lit Dept...so English can't be that far behind! The past two years, I think they've notified on the 3rd. So, that's tomorrow.

I'm just afraid I won't be able to tell the Lit results from the Eng results....can we all agree to select just "english" for english and "english (language and literature)" for lit? maybe that would make it easier.

Good luck to you guys!!! We'll know soon.....

Also anxiously awaiting results! As for posting, don't people usually put English for the English program and Literature for the Lit program? It looks like that has been the trend in the past. Sigh. Wishing us all luck!

Yeah it seems like people have been pretty good about distinguishing between the two. I will say, though, that my heart about stopped just now because someone posted something about Literature on the results page.

As far as past results, last year was the 3rd, but I think the two years before that were also the first Wednesday of February. (Yes, I have an unhealthy obsession with the results board!)

I was so sure I had no chance of getting into Duke, but I guess a small part of me must think I have a chance.

So they're probably just working through the alphabet? I haven't gotten the email yet, but I'm expecting it. Sigh. Good luck to those admitted.

I got the email about an hour ago. Broadcast emails usually take a couple hours to send out depending on how many recipients there are (most systems will send in 25- to 50-person batches). But it just has you log into the ApplyYourself form, so you can probably check now if you have a link to a letter at the bottom of the application landing page when you log in.

Ah! So up until I tried today, I haven't been able to access my apply yourself page. . .it gave me some error message. Now I can, but it doesn't say anything :( I didn't get an email from Duke. . .is this even the website where you got your decision (if you have one)?

Ah! So up until I tried today, I haven't been able to access my apply yourself page. . .it gave me some error message. Now I can, but it doesn't say anything :( I didn't get an email from Duke. . .is this even the website where you got your decision (if you have one)?

Yep, it's the ApplyYourself page where you submitted the app--there's nothing special about the link they emailed out; I can get there from my bookmarked app. It'll have a link to the decision letter at the bottom of the page (under your recommenders list). If you don't have a decision status link then at least you know you haven't been rejected yet! Good luck!

I think the word congratulations should be banned in all school correspondences and websites where one might find out about status UNLESS in referrence to admission. I keep neurotically refreshing my applyyourself page and the first word is "Congratulations!" in the link to check application status. . .but it is in reference to me having successfully submitted my application. Ye gads!

I applied to Lit, not English, but just chiming in here (I posted this on the results page, so apologies for the redundancy): I was informed that all invitations for interviews had been e-mailed already. A part of my brain is hoping that, because I still haven't received a rejection letter, I'm waitlisted, but I suspect that's just wishful thinking... Good luck to everyone, though! Anyone here received an interview? Seems as if there's only one so far.

I think the word congratulations should be banned in all school correspondences and websites where one might find out about status UNLESS in referrence to admission. I keep neurotically refreshing my applyyourself page and the first word is "Congratulations!" in the link to check application status. . .but it is in reference to me having successfully submitted my application. Ye gads!

I'm with you.

I've been obsessively checking my applications and that throws me off every. single. time.

I applied to Lit, not English, but just chiming in here (I posted this on the results page, so apologies for the redundancy): I was informed that all invitations for interviews had been e-mailed already. A part of my brain is hoping that, because I still haven't received a rejection letter, I'm waitlisted, but I suspect that's just wishful thinking... Good luck to everyone, though! Anyone here received an interview? Seems as if there's only one so far.

I don't want to hijack this thread for the Literature program, but if anyone is out there lurking, I'd really like to talk to someone else who is going to interview for Literature in a few weeks time.

I asked the secretary how many people got invites, she didn't tell me directly, but from what I can gather based on the schedule they sent out, it appears that they have spots for seven people to interview. Maybe nine.

Now back to the Duke English waiting game -- I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone still waiting to hear!