Columbia-LSE MA/MSc Applicants?

Cornell07

Agree with Arcyoung: some of the students should be applying for government positions or something...I'm sorry, but what is Andrea Batista Schlesigner doing in this course?? Surely she is far too qualified or experienced to be studying this particular Masters....Oseirus, are you in the same league as them? You're not an Obama advisor, are you? haha...there are a lot of students who are quite normal...surprisingly enough, not as many international students as I'd thought though

Hi5 Fawlty! The more I look at their website, the more I think it is a professional program.

The program seems to be more interested in helping well connected professionals gain

a historical perspective than training political/social/cultural historians.

Yeah true 'arcyoung'...let's stay positive though. There are a lot of 'normal' students admitted into the program. Who knows, maybe we'll both get in?! Btw, what are everyone's specific historical interests/ areas? I know you don't have to come up with a thesis topic for your SOP, but I imagine that they may be looking for a wide array of historical interests amongst their prospective students. Fuck it...excuse my expletive but I'm actually tired of caring/ worrying about this application...I get in or I don't...life goes on either way..If not, I do hope that King's accepts me..they've got a good program there.

Yeah true 'arcyoung'...let's stay positive though. There are a lot of 'normal' students admitted into the program. Who knows, maybe we'll both get in?! Btw, what are everyone's specific historical interests/ areas? I know you don't have to come up with a thesis topic for your SOP, but I imagine that they may be looking for a wide array of historical interests amongst their prospective students. Fuck it...excuse my expletive but I'm actually tired of caring/ worrying about this application...I get in or I don't...life goes on either way..If not, I do hope that King's accepts me..they've got a good program there.

OK - I'll heed your advice. Therefore I will stay hopefully hopeless.

I totally know where you are. Just be patient and life will unfold itself :)

Agree with Arcyoung: some of the students should be applying for government positions or something...I'm sorry, but what is Andrea Batista Schlesigner doing in this course?? Surely she is far too qualified or experienced to be studying this particular Masters....Oseirus, are you in the same league as them? You're not an Obama advisor, are you? haha...there are a lot of students who are quite normal...surprisingly enough, not as many international students as I'd thought though

Me? I am just your average guy who went to a state school then did some stuff after college ... the closest I've ever come to being an adviser to this current president is when I stood next to his wax statue at Madam Tussaud's ...dammit why didn't I list that in my app?

OK - I'll heed your advice. Therefore I will stay hopefully hopeless.

I totally know where you are. Just be patient and life will unfold itself :)

I need both of y'all to stay positive ... just remember at the end of the day wherever you choose is the one that wins b/c wherever you aren't doesn't get to enjoy your brilliant academic mind

Did anyone ever hear from the person who said they were accepted to this program on the Results Survey page?

no they never revealed themselves ... but they were probably an early admit

no they never revealed themselves ... but they were probably an early admit

Did anyone ever hear from the person who said they were accepted to this program on the Results Survey page?

I checked the results page and saw only one person has been accepted.

I'd like to believe that this is someone who requested to have his/her application

reviewed before the regular process started.

I'm a little confused: "they were accepted" & "they never revealed themselves"?

Isn't there only one early admit so far?

Edited by arcyoung

I checked the results page and saw only one person has been accepted.

I'd like to believe that this is someone who requested to have his/her application

reviewed before the regular process started.

I'm a little confused: "they were accepted" & "they never revealed themselves"?

Isn't there only one early admit so far?

Sent you a PM

I think oseirus meant "they" as in "he" or "she." I hope we find out soon. i don't have high hopes for this but I just want to know.

thanks I'm trying my best to be PC these days

I was informed today that admissions will be sending out notifications between next week and the following 2 weeks after that. Not sure if that info helps anyone or how bankable it is but just wanted to share with you guys.

Is that via email, snail mail or on the admissions portal??

Cheers

I believe via email ... the portal should also have some updates at that point as well ... from my understanding

I guess they just send you a link that takes you to the notification letter?

No I think the admissions office (or some of that ilk) will send you a "welcome you got in" etc, type email and I think you'll also get an automated email (regardless of admission or denial) that'll tell you to go to the portal page ... but then I could be wrong so don't take this to be gospel just going off the pieces of information I was told

I just spoke with the office and apparently decisions (or at least some of them) should be sent out Friday. This is good news for those of us with response deadlines this weekend. Unfortunately, it sounds like there will not be any funding or fellowship (FLAS) information available.

Apparently, there is an "early review" option which can be requested by the applicant. I wish I had known about that in order to avoid the situation I will be in if I am accepted. It will be tough to choose between guranteed funding in another program and the columbia/lse dream course. Anyway, I hope this was helpful for all you future applicants out there!

I just spoke with the office and apparently decisions (or at least some of them) should be sent out Friday. This is good news for those of us with response deadlines this weekend. Unfortunately, it sounds like there will not be any funding or fellowship (FLAS) information available.

Apparently, there is an "early review" option which can be requested by the applicant. I wish I had known about that in order to avoid the situation I will be in if I am accepted. It will be tough to choose between guranteed funding in another program and the columbia/lse dream course. Anyway, I hope this was helpful for all you future applicants out there!

What's your other option if I may ask?

I wonder if that'll be notifications of rejection or acceptance...or both...I hope that I at least make it on to the waiting list! Did anyone out there request an earlier review, receive an offer, and then accept the offer?

I guess I can speak on it now ... I did do an early request (though, as I told some people privately, I did not post that on results page) ... I contacted the other schools/jobs I had offers from and told them I would be going to the Columbia/LSE program instead ... I also notified the school as well ... I still haven't received much in the way of official notification/paperwork so I can't speak to much on that ... however I think I have shared pretty much all that I do know up to this point