MIT?

mewtwo

Does anyone know if the MIT results are legitimate or not? They seem to be coming in at around the correct date, but none of the comments are remotely insightful and they seem to be coming in far too quickly (I know my first action after getting the email isn't to go on thegradcafe to put a contentless result).

They are legitimate. It was a generic acceptance letter, emailed in mass, which is why the results appeared so quickly.

Somewhat to my surprise, I received one.

Edited by Azazel

They are legitimate. It was a generic acceptance letter, emailed in mass, which is why the results appeared so quickly.

Congratulations Azazel, that's a huge achievement. I do hope they are still sending out a few more.

P.S.: Just for the sake of my curiosity, could you post your "stats"? What do you think gave you the edge to get into this program over the competition?

Edited by achapiro

Congratulations Azazel, that's a huge achievement. I do hope they are still sending out a few more.

P.S.: Just for the sake of my curiosity, could you post your "stats"? What do you think gave you the edge to get into this program over the competition?

I'm really surprised that you got accepted to UCB and rejected to UW. Do you know why?

Congrats azazel, nice to hear that you got in.

my sanity is temporarily revived (likely caused by a spike of energy generated from my energy drink) .. Congrats to everyone who got in! :)

Ya that's the spirit closetgeek. It's just the start. Not an end by any means. just be optimistic. sooner or later we will also hear some good news. But its better if its sooner. hope for the best.

I was told by a suitably placed source that they would be admitting a sum

total of one person from my country in my area of specialization. Turns out

it's not me :(

Oh sorry to hear that Lanchka. But I'm sure you'll have an offer from Berkeley :)

Congrats, Azazel!