Acceptances?

lydibird

I got notice as well.

They've given me the option to choose to be admitted in September or January.

Good job, everyone! I hope to see you all there!

Congratulations! Actually I do not know whether I have been accpeted or not, I have to wait until mid-June, as it is said in the email "We have two intakes a year, and always forward a number of strong applicants from the September cohort for consideration for the January intake. The decisions are made in mid-June."

Anyway, good luck to all!

Is anyone going to Michigan?

I am still waiting on a decision from them. (I applied after the priority deadline). I am a non-traditional student returning to school and just took my GRE in February. I am so hoping I get accepted- it's the only place I want to go, as I am more interested in the social computing specialization, as opposed to a straight library science path.

I am so nervous!

Congratulations! Actually I do not know whether I have been accpeted or not, I have to wait until mid-June, as it is said in the email "We have two intakes a year, and always forward a number of strong applicants from the September cohort for consideration for the January intake. The decisions are made in mid-June."

Anyway, good luck to all!

Good luck to you too! :)

I was accepted at Michigan. Yay! I am so excited.

Looking forward to meeting my future classmates next weekend at Visiting Days. Is anyone here planning on attending?

Congratulations. I've started applying for second jobs and jobs for when my current contract is finished. to try and be able to accept UBCs offer.

I was accepted at Michigan. Yay! I am so excited.

Looking forward to meeting my future classmates next weekend at Visiting Days. Is anyone here planning on attending?

I am! I'm also looking forward to meeting people, although I haven't decided where I'll be attending. Hopefully the visit will make that a bit more clear. Michigan is my top choice at the moment.

Accepted to Illinois and Maryland - should hear from Wisconsin today, but with everything that's going on I don't know if I want to go there even if I do get accepted. Waiting on Texas and Indiana, but they're pretty much out of the running as IL and MD were my top choices.

As for my decision, it's pretty much program vs. money. I'd be doing Maryland's new HCIM program, so very focused and requires a capstone and an internship, and is in a metro area which is good for finding employment once I'd finished with the program. BUT it's twice the cost of Illinois (I'm in-state), Chambana's COL is also much lower, and I have a guaranteed job there (if I don't get an assistantship) since it's my alma mater. Maryland also doesn't have a tuition freeze, so the cost may even be more than I anticipate.

Right now I'm learning towards Illinois, for the money, and it's not like I'm compromising that much - it's still a top ranked program. I'm just worried how a broader degree with less practical experience will affect my employment outlook at the end of it all.

my employers, all current or former librarians, say to focus much more on cost and convenience. Where you went isn't nearly as important as who you are.

I was just accepted to the University of Wisconsin, and will probably be attending there. If anyone's looking to share an apartment, I'm looking for something cheap with lots of bookshelves.

I was just accepted to the University of Wisconsin, and will probably be attending there. If anyone's looking to share an apartment, I'm looking for something cheap with lots of bookshelves.

Congratulations! I received notification this morning that I'm on the waitlist for the same program. Best of luck to you.

I was accepted yesterday to UNC! Yay! They were my first choice! :D Still don't know about the financial details.

I still haven't heard anything from USC, UTenn, or North Texas. Has anyone else applied/ been accepted at those schools?

I very likely am. I haven't heard about a deadline to decide with them though. Have you?

When I went to visit I inquired about this and the program director (Rhonda Spencer) told me they would send an email or a letter later on with information on how to "confirm" your attendance. Also she told me there was no deposit fee. I would assume the same applies to library science as the two programs are tightly bound together.

• 2 weeks later...

UBC said that Sept was unlikely but are formally offering me january entry. I need to find a job asap from sept-dec, or find some source of extra funding. Its either that or learn how to survive without eating as id have enough for fees and rent!

Just got financial aid package today from Indiana, 18 credits of tuition remission for the first year! The admissions lady said they wanted to have the first round of offers out by this Thursday the 14th. So if anyone is waiting there is still hope :)

Just got financial aid package today from Indiana, 18 credits of tuition remission for the first year! The admissions lady said they wanted to have the first round of offers out by this Thursday the 14th. So if anyone is waiting there is still hope :)

This is exactly the information I was looking for when I logged on this morning. Fingers crossed I get an email about aid today!!! Had you already accepted admission before they offered you aid?

This is exactly the information I was looking for when I logged on this morning. Fingers crossed I get an email about aid today!!! Had you already accepted admission before they offered you aid?

I sent in the admissions acceptance card as soon as they sent it to me (about 3 weeks ago). However, they pretty much knew I was attending before that because I already went to visit their school and indicated I was going.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...