Just saw the first NYU result--a rejection via the website. Sorry to pour salt on the wound, but does anyone want to claim it? And if so, did you get an email first? And which website did you visit? I just checked the one that confirms the department received all relevant materials, and couldn't find any indication of applications status there.

Just saw the first NYU result--a rejection via the website. Sorry to pour salt on the wound, but does anyone want to claim it? And if so, did you get an email first? And which website did you visit? I just checked the one that confirms the department received all relevant materials, and couldn't find any indication of applications status there.

This exactly describes the last 10 minutes of my life. Ahh, common experiences.

Same here--way to light a fire.

But, considering NYU's history via the results board, I somehow doubt this is legitimate unless NYU has drastically changed their process this year. According to the results board postings of the past few years, most news, good or bad, doesn't seem to come until late Feb / early Mar. Although interview requests have been sent out in early to mid Feb.

Edited by jprufrock

Yeah, it looks like their responses typically go out in March.

It also looked (on the results board) like last year was the only year they did interviews, because of the number of applicants they got. Is that true? Because I'd assume that this year had as many applicants, but it doesn't appear (with this being mid-February) that interviews are going to happen this year, and they didn't for the '09 application season either.