NC State CRDM

I see an acceptance has been posted for NC State's CRDM program. Does anyone want to claim it? A big congratulations!! If you don't mind, would you be willing to share some info. on your background, interests, and stats? Thanks!

Pardon my extreme slowness, where is this results board that your speak of?

How can you tell you've been waitlisted? Was it via email?

Yes, the e-mail indicates that the director is "hopeful" they can offer funding soon.

Hey I just got my acceptance email too! And I got the same info about waiting to hear for funding. I'm so excited!!! Congrats!

Thanks, and congrats to you, too!! My fingers are *crossed* about the funding. Please let me know if you gain any insight on the situation! I have no idea whether funding is likely to come through for us.

Yes, the e-mail indicates that the director is "hopeful" they can offer funding soon.

Thanks, and congrats to you, too!! My fingers are *crossed* about the funding. Please let me know if you gain any insight on the situation! I have no idea whether funding is likely to come through for us.

I will let you know if/when I hear anything, and you do the same. Yay!

Congratulations to the admits!

I have a nosy, burning question:" What does "CRDM" stand for? I just apply to plain, old, English and Lit programs. I know Comp and Rhetoric, but what are the D and M?

Communication, Rhetoric, and Digital Media. It's a very interdisciplinary program... check it out: http://crdm.chass.ncsu.edu/

Hey all, I made it into NC State too! The program does seem really interdisciplinary and awesome. I have an MS in Scientific and Technical Communication and am interested in cyborg studies along side digital media and pedagogy. :) I hope to hear from some of you all soon. Also, I have not heard about funding either. Furthermore, has anyone heard anything about an invite to visit the campus? Or has anyone gotten the letter from the grad school saying they are admitted into the graduate school?

Hey all, I made it into NC State too! The program does seem really interdisciplinary and awesome. I have an MS in Scientific and Technical Communication and am interested in cyborg studies along side digital media and pedagogy. :) I hope to hear from some of you all soon. Also, I have not heard about funding either. Furthermore, has anyone heard anything about an invite to visit the campus? Or has anyone gotten the letter from the grad school saying they are admitted into the graduate school?

Hi! I just got the email notification from the grad school today. It just said "Your Admission Decision is Available," and then when I logged in and accessed the letter it pretty much just said the same information I already knew... nothing new about funding or about an invite to visit campus. However, when I emailed Jan in the department after I was first accepted, she said "see you in March," so I assume I'll hear about an admitted students day soon.

Congrats on the acceptances! I think campus visit dates are March 24 - 25, but that's all the info I've been given.

Oh, I must have been so in shock that I missed them completely. Thanks!

Hey All - Congrats on your acceptance into the CRDM and good luck with the program! I plan to apply for the 2012 school year and I am looking for some tips or advice for the application process. Does anyone have a feel for how the application criteria is weighted? Any information that you could share about your background and applications stats would be helpful. I am especially interested in GRE info. I have a MBA which required the GMAT and I am nervous about the GRE. How important do you consider GRE scores to be in order to receive funding?

Thanks again and good luck!

Hey All - Congrats on your acceptance into the CRDM and good luck with the program! I plan to apply for the 2012 school year and I am looking for some tips or advice for the application process. Does anyone have a feel for how the application criteria is weighted? Any information that you could share about your background and applications stats would be helpful. I am especially interested in GRE info. I have a MBA which required the GMAT and I am nervous about the GRE. How important do you consider GRE scores to be in order to receive funding?

This information is a little bit dated, but it might help: http://rhetoricreviewsurvey.wikia.com/wiki/North_Carolina_State_University

In terms of my background, I have a BA in English Lit, an MA in Gender & Cultural Studies, and really did not do as well on the GRE as a lot of other folks around this forum did. My best scores (and I attempted the GRE about 4 times) were 570 V, 620Q, 6.0 W. I haven't heard anything about funding yet, so I'm not sure how my scores will affect what sort of funding I end up getting. You might also consider getting in touch with current grad students and faculty there. I actually visited campus before I was admitted because I happened to be in the area, and everyone was amazing, really friendly, and very helpful.

Sorry I don't have more concrete info for you, but I hope that helps some.

I took the GRE twice over the course of two years. 620V; 530Q; 4.5W (yikes! but that's higher than the first time I took it: 4.0W). Obviously, do your best on the GRE, but it's not going completely kill your application if your scores a bit low. Statement of purpose, writing sample, letters of rec are way more important.

Let me know if you have any other questions...

Hey, has anyone been contacted about funding for NC State yet? I am wondering if I'm just not receiving anything, or when I should be hearing back about that. Btw, is anyone else still waiting for admission into the graduate school? I chose to send a copy of my transcript instead of the real thing while applying. However, I have since sent them the original transcript and still have not heard back? If anyone can answer these questions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I know I, for one, have still not heard anything on funding. Anyone else?

I did get notice of official acceptance to the grad school a few days ago. It's probably the transcript holding them up. It took a while for me once I sent my officials.

Hey, has anyone been contacted about funding for NC State yet? I am wondering if I'm just not receiving anything, or when I should be hearing back about that. Btw, is anyone else still waiting for admission into the graduate school? I chose to send a copy of my transcript instead of the real thing while applying. However, I have since sent them the original transcript and still have not heard back? If anyone can answer these questions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I know I, for one, have still not heard anything on funding. Anyone else?

I did get notice of official acceptance to the grad school a few days ago. It's probably the transcript holding them up. It took a while for me once I sent my officials.

I emailed the program director to ask about funding decisions. He said they are waiting to hear back from accepted students who received funding, and then will extend more funding offers as they are able.