I just know I'm not getting into Brown because... well, it's Brown... but yeah, I immediately checked my Gmail as soon as I saw the update. I'm thinking Ph.D notifications have to be imminent if they're already contacting MA applicants.

Yeah, saw that and my heart beat a bit faster. . . I wonder if someone made a mistake? Email was also under the impression that Ph.D. admits were notifid first. Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed for all of us who applied there!

Edited to fix typos brought on by my drug-induced, postoperative state. .

Edited by lyonessrampant

My commiserations to the posters.

I think Brown does have an MA program. Maybe a terminal one in addition to the one en route to the PhD?

Here's hoping we hear soon!

Just checked their website. They do have a terminal M.A. program, separate from the PhD.

Q: If I am not accepted to the Ph.D. program, will my file still be considered for admission to the M.A. program?

A: No. Admission to the M.A. program and the Ph.D. program are separate processes.

Whoops, don't know how I missed that. Thanks.

I've been terribly nervous about the results too (Brown masters). It doesn't help that Brown is my top choice -- because of potential advisor, program fit, and other little issues. I'm pretty sure Chicago has chucked me...

Also anxious for Brown. I would think they might notify tomorrow. . .haven't there been a rash of notifications on Fridays? I'm just so ready for this whole process to be over. Good luck to all of us waiting!

From the results board, it looks like they started notifying on Feb 26 last year, so it's still too early.

I investigated the dates on pretty much all English Ph.D. program (I know, my anxiety is bad), and it seems like all the programs are notifying a bit earlier this year, judging from the decisions/others I have already received. Please let it be tomorrow--waiting in uncertainty is the worst.

From the results board, it looks like they started notifying on Feb 26 last year, so it's still too early.

I investigated the dates on pretty much all English Ph.D. program (I know, my anxiety is bad), and it seems like all the programs are notifying a bit earlier this year, judging from the decisions/others I have already received. Please let it be tomorrow--waiting in uncertainty is the worst.

Really? I've done the same thing, and at least for my schools, the opposite seems to be true -- by this time last year, USC, UVA and Illinois Chicago had started notifying, but this year they're late. Good luck, though.

So did everyone see the post on the results page about Brown having decided? It says that they'll be making 15 or 16 offers (can't remember which) for an incoming cohort of 6. Since we've seen only MA admits, which is a totally different program from the Ph.D., I would guess that if this intel is correct, people who get admitted/waitlisted will hear tomorrow. I AM SO NERVOUS!!!!!

So did everyone see the post on the results page about Brown having decided? It says that they'll be making 15 or 16 offers (can't remember which) for an incoming cohort of 6. Since we've seen only MA admits, which is a totally different program from the Ph.D., I would guess that if this intel is correct, people who get admitted/waitlisted will hear tomorrow. I AM SO NERVOUS!!!!!

I just saw it a moment ago. Not really holding my breath, though -- Brown is too high up there for me to have a chance... good luck to everyone.

I agree--please tell us this is accurate information, as it will most likely torture me not to hear from them tomorrow after hearing this.

To whoever posted that on the results board: could you tell us how you found that out? Thanks!

It wouldn't surprise me at all if someone from Brown (i.e. a department secretary or adcom member) posted that. Of all the Ivies, Brown attempts to be fairly transparent and helpful about their admissions process and they are pretty savvy about the fact that we are all trolling around on here for decisions. My money says they are just trying to ease the pain they know we're all in. Good luck to all!

Just thought the same thing.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if someone from Brown (i.e. a department secretary or adcom member) posted that. Of all the Ivies, Brown attempts to be fairly transparent and helpful about their admissions process and they are pretty savvy about the fact that we are all trolling around on here for decisions. My money says they are just trying to ease the pain they know we're all in. Good luck to all!