Has anyone even had an official transcript requested from Penn yet? That's what's making me nervous...

Huh, I never thought of that. I think they said that, if you're admitted, they need the official transcript before you enroll. I don't know if that means they need it in order to make an offer.

I remember last year, a message went up on the English department's website saying "we notified all admitted and waitlisted students on February 2* [i think it was the 26th]. If you haven't heard from us, you have not been accepted" but I didn't get the official rejection email until a couple of weeks later. I've started keeping an eye on their website.

I see 3 admits and am losing hope.

I checked previous years and it looks like the past 3 years have all been by phone all on the same day. One year was by e-mail, again all on the same day. Waitlisters were also notified on the same day as admits.

I really liked UPenn--thought it to be the best match for my interests, actually.

I see 3 admits and am losing hope.

I checked previous years and it looks like the past 3 years have all been by phone all on the same day. One year was by e-mail, again all on the same day. Waitlisters were also notified on the same day as admits.

I really liked UPenn--thought it to be the best match for my interests, actually.

You never know jprufrock, maybe Penn will break their tradition! I certainly hope so.

I'm still only seeing one admit by the way? Are you sure 3 jpruf?

Yes I hope they break their tradition, too.

Just search for "English" as opposed to "UPenn English" or "University of Pennsylvania English"

I see three from this year.

Edit: Search for "English" over Today Only, for best success.

Edited by jprufrock

Yes I hope they break their tradition, too.

Just search for "English" as opposed to "UPenn English" or "University of Pennsylvania English"

I see three from this year.

Edit: Search for "English" over Today Only, for best success.

Two don't show up when you search for "Pennsylvania" because they contain typos in the spelling (Pennslyvania).

@lenz:

Hello! Have you heard from them or seen something on their website? I've been looking around and checking my online account but nothing is showing up that I can find. Thanks!

Hey prangar 2. No, my prediction is based only on the results board and the fact that acceptances were communicated several days ago. Just a guess!