Info on SUNY Albany notifications?

[ /html]

Help! I can't figure out how to check my app status! I have a PIN an Password, and I click on application status, but all it says is, "Submission Status: Complete"

[ /html][/html]

That's what mine says too, unless we are both doing something wrong or not looking in the right place.

Yeah that's what mine says too. If you look at the results board from previous years, it looks like they traditionally don't notify all at the same time.

That's what mine says too, unless we are both doing something wrong or not looking in the right place.

OK, I emailed asking for status and info on when I could expect a decision, and the assistant replied in about 5 minutes:

"Your application is complete and with the Department for review. As soon as the Department notifies our office of the decision, you will receive an email telling you to check your Apply Yourself account."

OK, I emailed asking for status and info on when I could expect a decision, and the assistant replied in about 5 minutes:

"Your application is complete and with the Department for review. As soon as the Department notifies our office of the decision, you will receive an email telling you to check your Apply Yourself account."

Thanks for this update. I will be obsessively refreshing my e-mail. Good luck to you!

For those of us still waiting to hear...what could this mean? This waiting reminds me of a song I once knew quite well:

There's no earthly way of knowing

Which direction we are going

There's no knowing where we're rowing

Or which way the river's flowing

Is it raining?

Is it snowing?

Is a hurricane a-blowing?

Not a speck of light is showing

So the danger must be growing

Are the fires of hell a-glowing?

Is the grisly reaper mowing?

Yes, the danger must be growing

'Cause the rowers keep on rowing

And they're certainly not showing

Any signs that they are slowing!

Well, I'm out. I just checked the website and it was there. No email.

For those of us still waiting to hear...what could this mean? This waiting reminds me of a song I once knew quite well:

There's no earthly way of knowing

Which direction we are going

There's no knowing where we're rowing

Or which way the river's flowing

Is it raining?

Is it snowing?

Is a hurricane a-blowing?

Not a speck of light is showing

So the danger must be growing

Are the fires of hell a-glowing?

Is the grisly reaper mowing?

Yes, the danger must be growing

'Cause the rowers keep on rowing

And they're certainly not showing

Any signs that they are slowing!

Well, I'm out. I just checked the website and it was there. No email.

Ahh I am so sorry! Mine has still not been updated, but I am expecting rejection since I haven't been notified by anyone. Do you have any other programs you are waiting on?

Well, I'm just waiting for official rejection from NYU. I suppose there's a chance they might offer me the unfunded masters, but that's not something that would work. I have an MFA instead of an MA, which I suppose could have hurt my apps. It's from an ivy and all, but a critical masters it ain't. I wonder if I will need to go back and apply for a straight MA next year. Sigh.

Good luck on your app with Albany!

Ahh I am so sorry! Mine has still not been updated, but I am expecting rejection since I haven't been notified by anyone. Do you have any other programs you are waiting on?

Out here, too. I really hope one of my waitlist options pans out. Good luck to those still waiting to hear back from Albany (and other schools).

I hope they do too! I still have not heard from Albany. Does anyone know if applicants who hold only a BA might be deferred to the MA if not accepted to the PhD? At this point I'd take any sort of admission to any school.

Just got waitlisted for the PhD. I'm only half-joking when I say you can PM me for enticing bribes. I'm in CA now but am from Albany (read--would be living rent free) and I also have received 7 rejections prior to this wait-list (with one other school yet to be heard from). I'd all but given up and recently started applying for non-acadmeic jobs...

ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG.

Just got waitlisted for the PhD. I'm only half-joking when I say you can PM me for enticing bribes. I'm in CA now but am from Albany (read--would be living rent free) and I also have received 7 rejections prior to this wait-list (with one other school yet to be heard from). I'd all but given up and recently started applying for non-acadmeic jobs...

ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG.

I am really hoping you get in off the wait list! I have been accepted and am waiting on one more school to notify me of their decision. If I am not going to go to Albany I will notify them ASAP. Again, good luck! I hope this comes through for you.

I am really hoping you get in off the wait list! I have been accepted and am waiting on one more school to notify me of their decision. If I am not going to go to Albany I will notify them ASAP. Again, good luck! I hope this comes through for you.

Thanks and congrats on the admit! Good luck with Buffalo!

• 3 weeks later...