What to do with a rejection letter...

mandarin.orange

OMG!!! That is soooooooo cute!!! Thanks for sharing!

By the way, you can always print the e-mail out and rip it. :-) You might kill a tree, but maybe you feel slightly better. unsure.gif

That's awesome! I kept my rejection letters from last year to use as motivation for this year's applications, but having that kid rip them up is a pretty cool thing to do with themsmile.gif

What to do with a rejection letter? Use it as a format to write your own rejection letter, rejecting their rejection. Example,

Dear You Crap Weasels Who Made The Biggest Mistake Ever---big mistake---big---huge---I have to go shopping now:

Thank you for your consideration of my application. Your letter has been carefully reviewed by myself and drunk friends currently celebrating my over qualification.

Unfortunately, my entourage has decided not to accept your rejection and I concur with this decision. The number and quality of rejections to graduate school are extraordinary and the decision to go beyond denial and anger and back to denial was difficult even with careful consideration of the rejection to the program.

If you have questions regarding my rejection of your rejection, they should be directed to my entourage.

I realize that this outcome is disappointing, but I do thank you for the time and effort you invested into denying me admissions into the graduate program at (school), as I recognize that expenditures of your baloney decision and time to notify me can be considerable---you know, it is tough sending out so many standardized emails. I wish you well in your future rejection endeavors, as I will see you anyway on the first day of class---try getting rid of me, suckers.

Sincerely,

Disgruntled but forgiving

Maybe you're onto something. I should visit a pet store and give my rejection letter to a litter of puppies... Not only will I be smiling and chuckling the whole time, but I'm sure the letter will look a lot better post-ripping-and-defecation. Hurray!

• 1 year later...

Bumping from last year.

I still love the baby, but the awesomeness of Bonkers' "I reject your rejection" letter far surpasses that and needs to be shared with the world. Perhaps some of this year's hopefuls could use it as a template, or at the very least, garner some solace and a giggle from it. B) I forwarded it a couple times to my friends among the unemployed from last year.