University of California San Diego

lasgirl

I'm about 99% sure I'll be attending - anyone else?

Any information about grad student housing (reviews, rumors, best/worst)?

I live in One Miramar -- fair pricing ($990/2BR 1BA), but it's really small.

Amenities are alright: coin-operated laundry, gas/water included in price, bike racks everywhere, communal study rooms, on-site cafe (though it's about to go bankrupt), etc.

The walls here are pretty thin, so you can hear a lot of noise.

Mesa is bigger, older, not as attractive, but yeah. Not bad either.

I live in One Miramar -- fair pricing ($990/2BR 1BA), but it's really small.

Amenities are alright: coin-operated laundry, gas/water included in price, bike racks everywhere, communal study rooms, on-site cafe (though it's about to go bankrupt), etc.

The walls here are pretty thin, so you can hear a lot of noise.

Mesa is bigger, older, not as attractive, but yeah. Not bad either.

What do you think about the ones on campus (single grad student housing and the rita atkinson residences)?

I never lived in it myself, but I heard the graduate housing was a great deal. Like $600 for a single close to campus or on campus, as I recall.

What do you think about the ones on campus (single grad student housing and the rita atkinson residences)?

http://hdh.ucsd.edu/arch/gradhousing.html

Haven't been there, but they look pretty nice. I actually don't know anyone who lives in either, so I don't have any hearsay or anecdotal experience with them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You've heard about Graduate Housing already? I was entered into the priority housing program by my department, but have still yet to hear anything back about housing. I'm assuming they're just waiting for someone to give notice of vacating, but it's a little nerve wracking...

You've heard about Graduate Housing already? I was entered into the priority housing program by my department, but have still yet to hear anything back about housing. I'm assuming they're just waiting for someone to give notice of vacating, but it's a little nerve wracking...

Oh my god I want to fill out a housing application. What do I do ?!

I just got an offer for the grad housing today and my need date is June 11th... I called the school a few days ago and they told me that they notify applicants of an offer around one month-ish before their need date. I'll be in one miramar, for now. Good luck to you!

And I'll be attending the psychology program!

I got an email back from them today saying all was fine but they'd contact me closer to my move date. I asked for July 1st, so I guess I have several more weeks to wait.

Cog Sci here.

I just got an offer for the grad housing today and my need date is June 11th... I called the school a few days ago and they told me that they notify applicants of an offer around one month-ish before their need date. I'll be in one miramar, for now. Good luck to you!

Just wondering who you'll be doing work with at UCSD? If either Anagnastoras (though he's more cognitive) and Rama are great advisors to be working with.

awesome! i'm entering the psychology program too - looks like we're in the same cohort! who will you be working with? i'm also behavioral neuroscience and will be working with ramachandran.

• 3 months later...