Waiting for a rejection email is the worst!

EscapedMonkey

So there are people who have been accepted to my top two programs and judging from previous years results on the board, if you're not hearing around the same time as the acceptees, you're going to be rejected. This trend has held for the past two years. So now I am about to have a heart attack whenever I get an email; can't they just send me the rejection letter? This is terrible, I know it's coming, it's inevitable, so why drag it out? And please don't say perhaps there's a chance, there's no chance, and I'm okay with that, it's just the waiting, the hopeless waiting. Ugh, sorry to be such a Debbie Downer.

So there are people who have been accepted to my top two programs and judging from previous years results on the board, if you're not hearing around the same time as the acceptees, you're going to be rejected. This trend has held for the past two years. So now I am about to have a heart attack whenever I get an email; can't they just send me the rejection letter? This is terrible, I know it's coming, it's inevitable, so why drag it out? And please don't say perhaps there's a chance, there's no chance, and I'm okay with that, it's just the waiting, the hopeless waiting. Ugh, sorry to be such a Debbie Downer.

It's not over until you get the letter. There's always hope.

I've thought the same thing. But I also know some people who in previous years were basically on an unofficial waitlist, or a second wave, and they really are going to still accept people.

But I agree. If you don't want me, pull the band-aid off now.

Don't give up quite yet. I was in the same position with my top choice. The results section was filled with people posting their acceptances/rejections, but I hadn't heard anything. I emailed them asking about my status and they said that I was being considered for the wait-list. Most likely, you weren't selected for their first round of acceptances; however, you weren't selected for their first round of rejections either. They are probably considering whether to put you on the wait-list or how high to put you on the wait-list.

Same boat, EscapedMonkey. Wouldn't it just be better if all the schools waited until one day (say March 1, March 15, April 1, anything) to release all their decisions? I would be much saner. It feels like someone is going to dive bomb my day with a rejection at any second. :blink:

If this were only true...just saw the results board, other people have contacted one of the programs, all acceptances sent out already, unofficial rejection. Ah. At least I will know for next year, it's tough! didn't realize this would be such a process.

Don't give up quite yet. I was in the same position with my top choice. The results section was filled with people posting their acceptances/rejections, but I hadn't heard anything. I emailed them asking about my status and they said that I was being considered for the wait-list. Most likely, you weren't selected for their first round of acceptances; however, you weren't selected for their first round of rejections either. They are probably considering whether to put you on the wait-list or how high to put you on the wait-list.